PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

Everyone’s an expert after the fact.

Go back to the beginning of this thread. Nobody in the preseason thought the Warriors were gonna be this bad. Nobody brought up the risk of Curry being rested a lot due to the Warriors being out of playoff contention. And then you have ESPN, SI, etc., which had GS in the top 10 preseason power rankings.

Very easy for you to come in and say this now, but I don’t see any preseason posts from you calling it

Edited by atrium
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, atrium said:

Go back to the beginning of this thread. Nobody in the preseason thought the Warriors were gonna be this bad. Nobody brought the risk of Curry being rested a lot due to the Warriors being out of playoff contention. And then you have ESPN, SI which had GS in the top 10 preseason power rankings.

Very easy for you to come in and say this now, but I don’t see any preseason posts from you calling it

That's because I think for myself and don't blindly listen to people just because they're on a forum or call themselves an expert. My 16 leagues with zero curry stock is all the proof I need. 

yea gsw still had dlo curry and dray core. you would think they could compete and fight for a playoff spot. that never crossed my mind drafting curry. 

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

Go back to the beginning of this thread. Nobody in the preseason thought the Warriors were gonna be this bad. Nobody brought up the risk of Curry being rested a lot due to the Warriors being out of playoff contention. And then you have ESPN, SI, etc., which had GS in the top 10 preseason power rankings.

That's because most people already know about Steph. He's a known entity. He's not a unknown like Brandon Clarke or Kendrick Nunn - those guys need discussion. People that talk about Steph already likes/drafted Steph. People who don't like Steph, don't plan on drafting Steph, or don''t own Steph, there's no reason for them to talk about Steph unless something happens like his wrist injury. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

That's because I think for myself and don't blindly listen to people just because they're on a forum or call themselves an expert. My 16 leagues with zero curry stock is all the proof I need. 

Yeah dude you’re a fantasy savant and all those experts and other forum posters are idiots. That what you wanna hear amirite?

next time you want to come into a player thread that you don’t own to take a victory lap, make sure you have posts/takes before the fact. Otherwise I’m gonna call you for what you are: a ‘know-it-all’ poster jumping on the most low hanging of fruit, an injured player

Edited by atrium

10 minutes ago, canilogon said:

If he comes back in 3 months that would be Feb 2. I counted about 57 games missed with like 37 remaining. I have him with no ir spot. I think I will be dropping.

Sorry to break it to you but an NBA season isn’t 98 games. 

5 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Yeah I didn’t buy any curry either. I prefer 9 cat roto and in that format I think the only star worth paying that money for is AD.  Which is ironic bc he has little actual injury history he just scares people with constant locker room visits.  Whereas Curry actually has significant injury history.  Sadly I had both Durant and curry in a dynasty league which I won last year (regular season champ and finals winners) and got completely screwed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirate said:

Sorry to break it to you but an NBA season isn’t 98 games. 

Your math is wrong too 😂  57+37=94 

Edited by StifleTower2

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

Your math is wrong too 😂  57+37=94 

Incorrect. You gotta add the games curry played which was 3 or 4. 🤓

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Incorrect. You gotta add the games curry played which was 3 or 4. 🤓

Well we agree on one thing.  The nba season is neither 94 nor 98 games 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

My 16 leagues with zero curry stock is all the proof I need. 

All this is proof of is that you need to see the sunshine a little more

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

LOL when you can't argue the facts you attack the person. I can see you are well versed in political debate. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

I live in San Diego and surf a few times a week. I do enjoy my 4k fantasy basketball bonus check every April though. 

25 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

So if you had the 5th pick, and AD, Towns, Harden and Giannis were the first four off the board, you would have passed on Curry at 5?

You were just fortunate enough to not be put in a situation where Curry was BPA in your 16 leagues. So take it easy on the victory laps.

• Like 4

Traded Lowry for him before the news. The lottery ticket was far too tempting and there is a chance Lowry goes down at some stage too. Oh well, keep that IR spot warm, Wardell. 

Edited by dboywong

18 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

So if you had the 5th pick, and AD, Towns, Harden and Giannis were the first four off the board, you would have passed on Curry at 5?

You were just fortunate enough to not be put in a situation where Curry was BPA in your 16 leagues. So take it easy on the victory laps.

Believe it or don't believe it, I would have taken lillard 5th, Beal 6th, Lebron 7th, Steph 8th just because of the drop off after that (dont like joker because i always punt fg/to and Embiid more injury prone). I have no way to prove that but I do 90% auctions so I don't have to ever worry about that issue (hence skill vs luck). Snake drafts are often luck based, especially deep leagues, so that's why I only do auctions. I get exactly who I want and don't need to force myself into taking curry, and instead sit back and watch people overpay $70 for studs while I sit back and enjoy my teams without Embiid Curry Booker Kyrie Gallo Cp3 etc and take my beals lillards and Kembas for cheap. Although I did grab cp for $14 and gallo for $12 in a couple leagues, but that's only because they were worth the risk. 

Edited by johnval1362

31 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

LOL when you can't argue the facts you attack the person. I can see you are well versed in political debate. 

Ok brother, you want a debate. This was your reasoning for why Curry was an avoid at his ADP:

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Nobody expected him to miss 3 months, but I am sure a lot of people expected him to miss quite a few games and most likely rest when they are eliminated from the playoff race with 2 months left in the season. Maybe you thought the Warriors were gonna be competitive and Steph can put up a 30ppg season?

So you not only thought the Warriors would miss the playoffs, but be out of the race 2 months before the season ends.

My challenge to you is, find me some sources that this was an easy, predictable call. That the Warriors would be so bad, they’d be out of the race with 2 months to go. Find me some reputable sources, or posts you made. And they have to be from the preseason. Because all you’ve given us is your word, that you “knew” this before it happened. Well, I don’t believe your word. Point blank.

Ive already given you some to back up my position. Sports Illustrated, ESPN, posts made in the preseason in this thread. They all thought the Warriors would at least be in the hunt, if not a lock for the playoffs.

Now show me how easy this was to see coming.

I’ll wait.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I would have gone Drummond, Luka, Leonard, Westbrook or even Embiid over Curry with his situation. Of course I don’t follow the so called experts so what do I know. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

Ok brother, you want a debate. This was your reasoning for why Curry was an avoid at his ADP:

So you not only thought the Warriors would miss the playoffs, but be out of the race 2 months before the season ends.

My challenge to you is, find me some sources that this was an easy, predictable call. That the Warriors would be so bad, they’d be out of the race with 2 months to go. Find me some reputable sources, or posts you made. And they have to be from the preseason. Because all you’ve given us is your word, that you “knew” this before it happened. Well, I don’t believe your word. Point blank.

Ive already given you some to back up my position. Sports Illustrated, ESPN, posts made in the preseason in this thread. They all thought the Warriors would at least be in the hunt, if not a lock for the playoffs.

I’ll wait.

Charles Barkley: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/25/charles-barkley-says-warriors-wont-make-playoffs-opener-suggests-that-isnt-crazy-talk/

Chris Webber: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/willie-cauley-stein-discredits-chris-webbers-wild-warriors-prediction

Jay Williams: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/espns-jay-williams-thinks-revamped-warriors-will-miss-nba-playoffs

Opinions about Warriors are pretty divided. Let's just say after the first couple of games we already knew which side was correct

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

You didn’t say that the Warriors wouldn’t make the playoffs. You said that they would be out of the hunt with 2 months to go in the season.

and they wouldn’t have to make the playoffs. All they would have to be is in the hunt while the fantasy season is going (which is well before the season ends), for Curry not to be rested and the Warriors not to tank

26 minutes ago, atrium said:

Ive already given you some to back up my position. Sports Illustrated, ESPN, posts made in the preseason in this thread.

I’ll wait.

Espn, first take, the top 6 seeds in the west are a near lock, with GSW and the Spurs as the likely other 2 teams contending with the mavs and pelicans who were threats (assuming curry would stay healthy and have an absurd season). If steph stayed healthy GSW would still make playoffs even with their bad start, but Stephen A Smith talked specifically about how carrying the offensive load for GS will take a huge toll on currys body and that hes not like harden or lillard who can take a beating. So ESPN first take if you need a specific example... those little hints cumulatively add up. Although once again, thinking for yourself is how you win, listening blindly to "experts" can backfire because sometimes so called experts are wrong, or miss a few things while being mostly correct. Most agreed upon consensus was that GSW would slip by into the playoffs and have klay Thompson back by then and be a potential championship underdog if health was presumed, but that it would be a tough rat race dependent on if curry went off. You don't need sources to tell you what to think, a ton of knowledge comes from being a big NBA fan and playing fantasy for years while recognizing patterns and how players fit with their teams. No one can call steph getting hurt, but plenty have called his ability to stay healthy a weakness, many, many times. Theres probably 100s or 1000s of posts on this forum alone talking about the importance of durability. There are very few "easy predictable calls". 

Edited by johnval1362

35 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I would have gone Drummond, Luka, Leonard, Westbrook or even Embiid over Curry with his situation. Of course I don’t follow the so called experts so what do I know. 

Hindsight is 20/20 they say...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

please please PLEASE invite me to your leagues next year. All of them. I wanna know how it feels to play against an actual real life psychic

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 they say...

Personally I prefer having full confidence on my foresight therefore I don’t tend to dwell or whine about my decisions in hindsight.  As for Curry he was easy DND for me and that’s really only because his schedule isn’t great in my league. So yes I would have easily taken any of those guys before him. 

• Haha 1