PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Curry says he expects to return sometime in Spring. What does that mean? March?

End of March. Yikes.

Edited by Vizcarrondo

March would appear to be a fairly ridiculous recovery time for a surgically repaired fractured wrist. There would be no point in bringing him back if that was the case. I still think just before or after the ASG break is more likely, if he's serious about playing again this season. 

Edited by flat_eric

I don't doubt he isn't back until late March, but that puts his recovery timetable at 4.5 months which seems longer than expected after the initial timeline, where he was scheduled for evaluation "in 3 months" post-surgery.  Market value dropped another notch for sure. 

19 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

March would appear to be a fairly ridiculous recovery time for a surgically repaired fractured wrist. There would be no point in bringing him back if that was the case. I still think just before or after the ASG break is more likely, if he's serious about playing again this season. 

Two surgical operations: end of March ☹️

Edited by Vizcarrondo

2 hours ago, Vizcarrondo said:

Two surgical operations: end of March ☹️

From my general understanding, pin removal isn't as intense as the original surgery. I think it's generally only a couple weeks to feel comfortable again. Then, in Curry's case, several more weeks to strengthen the hand. Optimistically-speaking, if he's fully recovered and returns mid-to-late February (3.5-4 months post-surgery), could be helpful right before playoffs

whats the protocol if someone drops him in the league? is he droppable at this point or does that have to be retracted?

Idk what to do with him. There's a good chance he doesn't come back this season at all or even when he does, barely plays. Otoh if I drop him and he does end up playing significant minutes during fantasy playoffs I'll be kicking myself. The league I have him in doesn't have IR... 

37 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Idk what to do with him. There's a good chance he doesn't come back this season at all or even when he does, barely plays. Otoh if I drop him and he does end up playing significant minutes during fantasy playoffs I'll be kicking myself. The league I have him in doesn't have IR... 

I don't see the point on holding him for 4 months. You gain nothing from this except what ifs. That spot he's occupying is the difference between a 5-4 win or a 4-5 loss.

13 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

whats the protocol if someone drops him in the league? is he droppable at this point or does that have to be retracted?

He is droppable and the owner is not doing anything wrong. From what you are asking though, I think the owner could have got something back for Curry if he shopped him around. But I don’t blame him for rage dropped. I was very close to doing that, even with IR spots. 

Just traded Curry/Oubre/Forbes for RoCo/Jabari. Had to since I now have 4 INJ players and will just ride Jabari until Bagley and Turner returns for me. What a sad day

No IR,  get rid of him! Preferably trade. Unless you maintain a commanding lead and definitely assume a top 6 standing. If you have a free IR spot absolutely no reason to drop him. Ive seen people drop draymond without even waiting for the INJ tag and that's just ridiculous. Don't be that guy. In the off chance you make playoffs without him and even get him for a 333 or 330 playoff appearance you're in great shape. You can always drop him during playoffs (assuming league allows it).

Its a hand injury after all so there won't be any need whatsoever to slowly bring him up to speed, or deal with risk re-injury, or have mins limits. Leg, shoulder, back injuries etc. are a different ball park than hand injuries. If hes back you will probably get a 333 or 343 out of him during playoffs given no further setbacks, although that depends on when your league playoffs are. He could be shut down, yeah... but it is what it is. If in a no IR league I'd drop and try to pick him up as soon as I knew I was near guaranteed a playoff spot, whether that's January, February, March is circumstantial. He has trade value as well if theres a team coasting in 1st place. You could probably trade curry to him for someone solid once they have their spot locked down although that may contribute to the creation of a near unbeatable playoff monster team. 

He's been dropped and sitting in my 12 teamer (no IR) ever since the surgery.  I don't think anyone is going to worry about picking him up until more news is given around Dec/Jan.  

2 hours ago, CrockPot said:

He's been dropped and sitting in my 12 teamer (no IR) ever since the surgery.  I don't think anyone is going to worry about picking him up until more news is given around Dec/Jan.  

Some dead**** in my league (no IR) who already has a losing record picked him up as soon as I dropped him smh 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Some dead**** in my league (no IR) who already has a losing record picked him up as soon as I dropped him smh 

Don't worry, he's gonna be dead last soon. There's still 2 months + change left before he even gets RE-EVALUATED. So basically 2.5 to 3 months minimum until he's productive. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1

Recently had the pins removed from his hand from the first surgery. This was to be expected. 

Any hope of him coming back sooner?