PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

48 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

Recently had the pins removed from his hand from the first surgery. This was to be expected. 

Any hope of him coming back sooner?

No

1 hour ago, gmoneyb said:

Recently had the pins removed from his hand from the first surgery. This was to be expected. 

Any hope of him coming back sooner?

Lol absolutely no chance. Given the Warriors record, the only thing that's more likely about his timeline is him coming back later than his timeline or being shut down. The worst thing about this situation for fantasy is that the warriors play only 3 games during semi-finals and finals and each week has a B2B. 

14 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Anyone stashing him? or that would be a bad move... assuming you play in a no IR league?

I am gonna consider stashing him at the start of January in my non-IR league if I am top 3. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Getting antsy seeing him on this waiver wire in my non-IR league and not doing so well in 3PTM. 

check how you match up the next couple of weeks. if you can still win during that time and maintain a good seeding stash him earlier than later. 

9 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

check how you match up the next couple of weeks. if you can still win during that time and maintain a good seeding stash him earlier than later. 

Yeah, my tentative plan was to stash after an important matchup mext week once my roid boys Ayton and Collins came back. But damn Bledsoe went down. Are you currently stashing him?

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

15 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Thought he was miraculously coming back soon, hence the bump lol. Damn it.

Wouldn't expect him back until late Feb at the earliest, and that would be a pleasant surprise. 

I know the argument can be made that they will keep him out all year in a lost season. But even if he plays, they still very likely will have the worst record in the league. I’m sure they want to roll him out there to please the fans who “have endured a lot” this season. Are you guys holding? Or if he was dropped is now the time to pick him up? He potentially could be back in a month,(after re-evaluation) and even in reduced minutes wouldn’t he be way more effective than streaming wire guys or end of bench guys? I’m considering picking him up now in a very competitive league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

I know the argument can be made that they will keep him out all year in a lost season. But even if he plays, they still very likely will have the worst record in the league. I’m sure they want to roll him out there to please the fans who “have endured a lot” this season. Are you guys holding? Or if he was dropped is now the time to pick him up? He potentially could be back in a month,(after re-evaluation) and even in reduced minutes wouldn’t he be way more effective than streaming wire guys or end of bench guys? I’m considering picking him up now in a very competitive league.

I traded for him not long after his injury, and am holding strong. I don't think they'll sit him ROS. My thoughts:

- He returned to practice several days ago. He can do basketball movements (lateral movements, jumping, etc) and one-handed shooting (source).

- It would be invaluable to build chemistry with the current players, since some of them will be part of the Warriors' core going forward, such as GRIII.

- You're not wrong about the Dubs org thinking about the fans. I get they sense they're excited to get Steph back out there, albeit with minutes and games restrictions.

Regarding those restrictions: I agree with you, regarding his high production despite a possible minutes and games restrictions. I think that even if he's capped at 27 mpg (Kerr's proposed cap for Draymond) and skips B2Bs, he'd still be able to produce early or early-mid round value on a week-to-week basis. And of course the ceiling is really high, due to an offensive explosion that could happen any time.

That's why I took a risk and traded for him. Signs point to him returning to the court. Could be a nice payoff

20 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

I'm holding in my cursed roto team featured in my sig, and also holding in another league where I picked him up. If your roster can weather the storm, I think he merits owning.

When do you guys expect a return? They said re-evaluation 3 months after the injury which would be late January. Isn’t it possible that he’s cleared immediately after the re-evaluation? I mean, if someone on Steph’s level, or even someone in a lower bracket like Bledsoe or Fox were injured for 4-8 weeks, everyone would hold wouldn’t they?

I picked him up just yesterday and decided to hold mainly because it's an injury to his non- shooting hand. If the injury was to any part of his back or lower body I would probably passed because they would be extremely cautious.

My guess is that he should be out there once cleared and his body would be ideally fresh. Steph still is a baller and wants to play. He can also be trade bait as a last option.

Stephen Bean Curry keeps saying he will play this season but honestly why should he? To play for what? The only thing hes going to play for is the chance to re-injury himself in meaningless games. Next year the Warriors will be a playoff team and who knows what the offseason will bring them. Why risk bringing Curry back?

15 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Those who are holding or picked him up recently 

(A) do you have an IR spot 

(B) what is your record 

Holding with no IR. I'm in 7th place right now but I've also had injuries to other players 

• Like 1

Seems like no reason to bring him back. I have 5 IL spots, so I'm definitely holding. Actually, I traded for him lol....Curry + Nunn + Love for Gobert + Bledsoe

4 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Those who are holding or picked him up recently 

(A) do you have an IR spot 

(B) what is your record 

I'm in 1st by a game with 2 IR spots.

Have had Curry on IL since he got Injured. I've also had Bagley in there and now Kyrie.

Harden Lillard Isaac have kept me afloat so far.

8 minutes ago, Febonacci said:

I'm in 1st by a game with 2 IR spots.

Have had Curry on IL since he got Injured. I've also had Bagley in there and now Kyrie.

Harden Lillard Isaac have kept me afloat so far.

These shallow leagues never cease to blow my got dam mind.

• Haha 1

I traded for Curry a couple days after he got hurt and then trade him and Ja Morant away for Jimmy Butler to a fringe playoff team. 

3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

These shallow leagues never cease to blow my got dam mind.

I'm in a 12 team.

Just made a bunch of trades.

Drummond for Lillard

Collins for Isaac

Trae for Lavine and Kyrie

Ayton and Galinari for Curry when he first got injured.

Just praying I get Kyrie and Curry after ASB.