PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted on Saturday. Hard not to get excited. But don't get too excited... Because although he looks good, from what I've researched, a key part in recovering from broken hand injuries is the strengthening phase, to minimize risk of re-injury. And also, of course we know the Warriors org wants to play it as safe as possible. So he still might be a ways away, especially if we believe Kerr's recent comments

But just wanted to share because his shooting looks as great as ever

5 minutes ago, hoop said:

Posted on Saturday. Hard not to get excited. But don't get too excited... Because although he looks good, from what I've researched, a key part in recovering from broken hand injuries is the strengthening phase, to minimize risk of re-injury. And also, of course we know the Warriors org wants to play it as safe as possible. So he still might be a ways away, especially if we believe Kerr's recent comments

But just wanted to share because his shooting looks as great as ever

Definitely agree with the strengthening phase being the main recovering part of the injury. Had the same thing when I broke my hand.

He looks really good and cant wait until he returns. 

• Like 1

I heard once you break your hand then you can never regain 100% pre injury hand strength. Not saying this will affect his shooting as its his non shooting hand but is thia true for those whose hand has been fractured?

6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I heard once you break your hand then you can never regain 100% pre injury hand strength. Not saying this will affect his shooting as its his non shooting hand but is thia true for those whose hand has been fractured?

I'm not sure about that. I feel like I still have the same amount of hand strength after my surgery. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Broken bones don't affect strength unless you let your hand muscles get severely atrophied. Its like not going to the gym for a couple of months. Sure you'll lose strength, but ofcourse you can regain it. 

5 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I'm not sure about that. I feel like I still have the same amount of hand strength after my surgery. 

I thought bones heal back even stronger than before? 

The Claim: After Being Broken, Bones Can Become Even Stronger. THE FACTS Just like muscle, human bone grows and strengthens under pressure, and weakens when barely put to use. This concept — that bone adapts to pressure, or a lack of it — is known as Wolff's law.

8 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I thought bones heal back even stronger than before? 

The Claim: After Being Broken, Bones Can Become Even Stronger. THE FACTS Just like muscle, human bone grows and strengthens under pressure, and weakens when barely put to use. This concept — that bone adapts to pressure, or a lack of it — is known as Wolff's law.

Well I have a plate in my hand because I had a spiral break (bone got broken in two places) - so they had to remove the bone.

But I understand your point. Could be right. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk

2 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Well I have a plate in my hand because I had a spiral break (bone got broken in two places) - so they had to remove the bone.

Damn broke in 2? What caused your injury? And does your hand hurt when it gets cold outside?

• Like 1

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

Bro for you, I fully believe your experience.  I just found that off Google.  Fractures and bone removals are two different things.  Worst i had is ACL.  It's never the same but still works lol. 

That said, I don't think Curry will need much time to build back that strength.  It's not like he was out there shooting airballs from NBA 3 range like I would. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Damn broke in 2? What caused your injury? And does your hand hurt when it gets cold outside?

There's probably a little lever that extrudes a pointy blade when the situation asks for it. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Cricket injury when I was fielding. Funnily enough the Dr asked if I punched someone/a wall because normally boxers get that injury.

Haha nah it doesn't hurt when it gets cold. Then again where I am (Sydney, Australia), it doesn't get too cold. 

5 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Bro for you, I fully believe your experience.  I just found that off Google.  Fractures and bone removals are two different things.  Worst i had is ACL.  It's never the same but still works lol. 

That said, I don't think Curry will need much time to build back that strength.  It's not like he was out there shooting airballs from NBA 3 range like I would. 

They are different but not sure with Curry's injury if its similar to mine? 

36 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Broke my hand after HBP in high school baseball.  I can assure you with 100% authority I came back better than ever....while watching limewire vids.  Didn’t see any regression.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He is available in my league. 12 team category. right now my only injured guy is embiid and im sitting in 4th. but not comfortably in fourth.  Do i pick him up?

Nice to have a date but goodness I thought he was coming back in February....oh well I guess we have to make it into the fantasy playoffs and hope he goes off and takes us to a title. 

Still a hold.

If that indeed is the return date, he’ll be back towards the end of week 19. 2 weeks prior to the start of fantasy playoffs, depending on your league settings of course.

• Thanks 1

Own him in 2 weeks but as a Warriors fan, just sit this one out my man's ❤️

16 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

if you're expecting Curry to save your season, you already lost your league

Why? This ain't true. It depends. In my league we play semi and final (2 weeks each) from March 1 to March 29. I'm sitting at the top of the league with a good margin and with curry in my IR atm. if I manage to pass the first round of playoff in February, then he can definitely help. I am expecting Curry to help my season and I'm sure a lot of fantasy players are in the same situation 🤗

1 minute ago, Z_D said:

Why? This ain't true. It depends. In my league we play semi and final (2 weeks each) from March 1 to March 29. I'm sitting at the top of the league with a good margin and with curry in my IR atm. if I manage to pass the first round of playoff in February, then he can definitely help. I am expecting Curry to help my season and I'm sure a lot of fantasy players are in the same situation 🤗

If you're sitting at the top of your league then you are not "expecting Curry to save your season."

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

If you're sitting at the top of your league then you are not "expecting Curry to save your season."

He can make a difference. He's not Jesus so he's not saving anything. C'mon

3 minutes ago, Z_D said:

He can make a difference. He's not Jesus so he's not saving anything. C'mon

Debatable. I would ask Lord Covington.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

Debatable. I would ask Lord Covington.

Cast a Doumbouya and ask Satan