PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

21 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

if you're expecting Curry to save your season, you already lost your league

Lmao, I wasn't expecting to be attacked like that lol. 

I will barely make playoffs (hopefully). Here's to hoping Curry comes in clutch.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Lmao, I wasn't expecting to be attacked like that lol. 

I will barely make playoffs (hopefully). Here's to hoping Curry comes in clutch.

Haha agreed. Unfair attack. I will most likely make playoffs, but after dealing with injuries and losing Jon Isaac for the season. It's not wild to hope that Curry is the thing that helps you win the chip. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Z_D said:

He can make a difference. He's not Jesus so he's not saving anything. C'mon

Yeah I guess adding a guy to a playoff team that has #1 player in fantasy potential isn't relevant at all... the weeks he gives you 100+ points 15 3s 18 assist 4 steals with elite ft% and good fg% is totally nothing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m currently 4th in my league with Curry sitting in the IR and no one else injured atm. 

Playoffs start the date Curry is due back. 

To say you can’t expect him to win a season for people is completely naive imo.  

14 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

I’m currently 4th in my league with Curry sitting in the IR and no one else injured atm. 

Playoffs start the date Curry is due back. 

To say you can’t expect him to win a season for people is completely naive imo.  

Save your season vs win you the season are to very different things.Teams battling for a playoff spot need stats vs teams virtually locked in at this point can stash him.

The team in my league has him in the IR slot but also has been holding Dipo, Deandre Jordan, PG13, Adams and Lauri and is battling it out with 5 teams (all within 3 games of each other) for the last playoff spot right now. The top 5 teams are 9 games up on the pack. 

Ok guys, no panic. Let's sum it up. We've learned the difference between the verbs save and win. And that Steph could start walkin on water in a few weeks. I definitely hope he splashes. Peace! 

• Like 2

Want to take a flyer on Curry via trade but the B2Bs in weeks 23/24 really spooking me.

The last time I had Steph Curry, it was 2016 and dude won me the chip. This year, I Traded Gobert + Bledsoe for Love + Nunn + Curry lol, I probably lose maybe on value but I got serviceable guys back and I really wanted another juggernaut for the playoffs.

Just hopped on board , traded my Gordon Hayward for steph curry

my theory is 1 game of curry equals 2 games of hayward

im in all belief that curry will have top 10 per game value for the last 3-4 weeks of the season

15 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Just hopped on board , traded my Gordon Hayward for steph curry

my theory is 1 game of curry equals 2 games of hayward

im in all belief that curry will have top 10 per game value for the last 3-4 weeks of the season

Agreed. Hard to believe a hand injury will slow him down. They will probably rest him in b2bs, but it's not like he is coming back from a torn acl or having knee issues etc. I think curry wants to show the world GS is going to be a huge threat the following year, and showing they can win when he returns without klay will do a lot of good for the franchise and get them talked about a lot in the offseason. He probably doesn't want to lose the offseason spotlight.

He's going to be a game changer for the guys who trade low for him and make playoffs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Agreed. Hard to believe a hand injury will slow him down. They will probably rest him in b2bs, but it's not like he is coming back from a torn acl or having knee issues etc. I think curry wants to show the world GS is going to be a huge threat the following year, and showing they can win when he returns without klay will do a lot of good for the franchise and get them talked about a lot in the offseason. He probably doesn't want to lose the offseason spotlight.

He's going to be a game changer for the guys who trade low for him and make playoffs.

Yup I’m with you. Curry is a must own player for all playoff bound teams.

ill take 2 games a week of curry if he’s pouring out top 10 per game value 

I've kept him on in the one league I have him in which also happens to be the only one without an IR lol. I think he can be a huge difference maker in the playoffs 

Cruising in 2nd place right now so I stashed him in my main non-IR money league. I don't think he's going to be my savior but he could be the difference that wins me the chip. 

🤞

he's available in my league... i have an IR spot which is currently being used for Joel Embiid but he's about to return so idk if i should drop one of my other guards for him (Graham, Rozier, Brogdon or Lou William)

2nd week of playoffs (week of 23rd march), GS has a b2b sat/sun. so if he rests on one then he will just have 2 games that week

Yes the playoff schedule is rough, but even two games of peak Curry (or close to) would still be a major advantage.

16 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

2nd week of playoffs (week of 23rd march), GS has a b2b sat/sun. so if he rests on one then he will just have 2 games that week

2 games of top 10 value is about as good as 4 games of top 40 value

i wouldn’t worry about the dnp’s

aslong as you believe curry will play atleast 30mins a game I would consider him a must hold player in all H2H leagues no matter the format or league size 

Edited by Simsanityy179

Re-evaluated today to confirm that he’s gonna be re-evaluated in 4 weeks. 😑

I mean, I guess we always knew that he was targeting a March 1st return, but I was holding out for news that he’s ahead of schedule and might return earlier. Also, now he’s not necessarily returning March 1st, but being re-evaluated then. 

I feel like I made the wrong move trading for him lol. 

I can't help but feel disappointed by this news. Now there's ambiguity about his actual return date. If it's not March 1, I've miscalculated and the gamble could backfire.

Yeah the fact that there is still no hard return date is disappointing. Like if they reevaluate him and say his conditioning isn't there or some other BS then they could easily tank it out the rest of the way. 

10 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I can't help but feel disappointed by this news. Now there's ambiguity about his actual return date. If it's not March 1, I've miscalculated and the gamble could backfire.

Same. I'm just trying to re-assure myself that nothing's really changed, cause we weren't ever really expecting a return in February. But like you said, there's now ambiguity about even returning March 1st as that's now the new re-evaluation date. Just gotta weather the storm for another month as planned and hope for better news.