PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

Steph has been falling in some money leagues I've drafted. I've seen him go #6 and #7 for some weird reason.

He's definitely a top 4 pick if not top 3. Great steal if he falls.

30 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

No

I didnt have to choose as Curry was chosen before me at #3 and I took Harden.

Love owning Curry though.  Will be interesting to see him without Klay and KD.

Edited by DLG10

1 minute ago, DLG10 said:

I didnt have to choose as Curry was chosen before me at #3 and I took Harden.

Love owning Curry though.  Will be interesting to see him without Klay and KD.

I own Curry in a dynasty league.  However, I'd much rather have Harden in H2H and just punt FG/TO.  In that build Harden is by far the best player and is more durable.  Though I think Curry is absolutely going off this year, and imo will produce 3rd per game value.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, StifleTower2 said:

I own Curry in a dynasty league.  However, I'd much rather have Harden in H2H and just punt FG/TO.  In that build Harden is by far the best player and is more durable.  Though I think Curry is absolutely going off this year, and imo will produce 3rd per game value.

I drafted Curry over Harden this year and kind of regret it right now lol...

I honestly thought curry was going to beast this year now i feel he will produce first round value but not top 5. The warriors are a really bad team and besides dlo and curry no one else can shoot. Hes been double teamed the entire game and the warriors have missed wide open 3s. If you spent a top 5 pick you wont get that production this season.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I honestly thought curry was going to beast this year now i feel he will produce first round value but not top 5. The warriors are a really bad team and besides dlo and curry no one else can shoot. Hes been double teamed the entire game and the warriors have missed wide open 3s. If you spent a top 5 pick you wont get that production this season.

Clippers made LeBron look horrible too. You might be right, but it's foolish to put stock in this game. The Clippers are insane this year dude. That team already looks like a well oiled machine even without Paul George

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidnightExpress said:

Clippers made LeBron look horrible too. You might be right, but it's foolish to put stock in this game. The Clippers are insane this year dude. That team already looks like a well oiled machine even without Paul George

I agree the clippers have to be considered the huge favorites to win the nba finals. Their defense has a lot to do with it but watching the game all you see is this supporting cast miss wide open 3s after double teaming curry as soon as he touches the ball. You cant blame defense when you are wide open. Maybe its nerves for some of these players with a new arena first game etc but it was embarrassing seeing this lol. Curry was on lockdown and no one stepped up besides DiAngelo Russell

The entire team was trash, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for Steph. Unless every game is this sort of blowout, it's clearer than ever that he and DLo will have to get hot as frequently as possible. It won't happen every night, but I'm sure there will be plenty of nights where his box score looks like playing 2K on Rookie.

• Thanks 1

Steph rarely plays that well against Pat Bev, doesn't help that they also have Kawhi. 

I knew it was foolish even at the time, but I"m experiencing some serious post-draft regret at taking him over KAT in a points league...

11 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

From MVP candidate to bust in two games, eh? That right?

If you watch the game, you know how brutal it is for curry out there. Defense can be focus on Curry. Wars have 9 players under 23 and none of them are starters talents. Most of the plays they run are broken and most of the open shots generate from success play was bricks.

14 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

At this pace he won't even finish top 10 and now he probably rests a ton. Backbreaking for anyone who drafted him.

This.. is a bad take. Great players on awful teams routinely put up monster, top 5 stats. 

Take a look at the fantasy landscape the past 2 decades. Just within the last 5 years, you have players on absolute bottom barrel, barren rosters like KAT in Minny, Cousins back in Sactown, Beal in Washington; the list goes on. And I'd argue Steph is in a different league talent wise than all of those first rounders on non-playoff, trash teams. It's been 3 games! 

Being down to 40 to OKC is a bad look 

I'm holding, but if warriors are getting blasted a week from now, I might try to unload him for somebody else in his range on a better team 

3 minutes ago, MidnightExpress said:

Being down to 40 to OKC is a bad look 

I'm holding, but if warriors are getting blasted a week from now, I might try to unload him for somebody else in his range on a better team 

Like who? Currently he is being blasted as being overrated by people. Do you think you can get 1st round value?

13 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Like who? Currently he is being blasted as being overrated by people. Do you think you can get 1st round value?

speaking of the trade, someone in my league traded curry for kemba walker and porzigis.

Ive seen every warriors game so far. Curry is getting hounded every time he has the ball. Hes gonna put up value just not top 3 let alone top 5 value. His team is trash and draymond green cant even shoot like he did before KD joined them. Curry will be good just not on the adp you drafted him in because of the double teams hes always getting. 

3 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

I have (had) Curry in one league only, yesterday I traded him for Trae Young. No regrets.

giphy.gif

Edited by DLG10

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

From MVP candidate to bust in two games, eh? That right?

These are the people in your leagues.  Be happy, take advantage.