PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

Sure is hard to shoot 30-footers and dance when your team is down 10 instead of up 10 all the time... 

• Haha 1

dude in my league just offered me curry for kyrie. this is a classic situation of an owner freaking out and over reacting to the first few games of the season right? but now I'm suffering from the endowment effect - so would someone please assure me that I need to immediately take his money and run 

5 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

dude in my league just offered me curry for kyrie. this is a classic situation of an owner freaking out and over reacting to the first few games of the season right? but now I'm suffering from the endowment effect - so would someone please assure me that I need to immediately take his money and run 

You better take that. 

• Thanks 1

Curry is being double and triple teamed all game every game. He’s forced to pass to a bunch of G leaguers all game..all/most teams will deploy this strategy every game since it’s pretty easy to execute and most likely will yield great results on most nights....

Not gonna be close to the season from him we all expected. Sucks to those who drafted him top 5.

Sell while you still can.

11 minutes ago, crocp said:

Curry is being double and triple teamed all game every game. He’s forced to pass to a bunch of G leaguers all game..all/most teams will deploy this strategy every game since it’s pretty easy to execute and most likely will yield great results on most nights....

Not gonna be close to the season from him we all expected. Sucks to those who drafted him top 5.

Sell while you still can.

This take is far too simplistic. Nothing about Curry's situation is a surprise. Your theory could be applied to Kemba and Beal last season but the extra defensive attention didn't slow them down any and their efficiency barely suffered either. Neither of them had a player like DLO as a secondary option and neither of them are the calibre of player Curry is. 

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

This take is far too simplistic. Nothing about Curry's situation is a surprise. Your theory could be applied to Kemba and Beal last season but the extra defensive attention didn't slow them down any and their efficiency barely suffered either. Neither of them had a player like DLO as a secondary option and neither of them are the calibre of player Curry is. 

Dude...after Dlo no one on that team (including draymond) is capable of scoring 10 points a game.

Going to be a very ugly season for Steph.

Well he gets a matchup with the 0-3 Pelicans tomorrow. I would love nothing more than to see vintage Curry sink 7 threes so we can all calm down.

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

I would take that now and either reap the rewards or at the very least have a Curry that’s still ranked in top ten.

naruto-1077023-1280x0.thumb.jpeg.08a9c13425f807af8b8f3f55bbc4ef7e.jpeg

3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Run with it.

Edited by tifaes

What is it about the play of the Warriors that are giving you all hope in Curry? Perhaps historical performance? His team now is just a travesty and it's sad to see.

Of course he is going to get it going, but he is going to have to work really hard all season to do it and its going to be a long year for him and the team.  MVP efficient Steph is not happening this year.

The pressure for him to score and score consistently to even keep them in the game is at an all-time high because like many have said besides Dlo, no one else on the team can really score.  And their defense is beyond atrocious.  Yes its only been two games, but sorry to say this is not a fluke with them.  I watched both games in full.  OKC is not a great team and they could get whatever they wanted.  Unless a third scorer emerges that can create shots (that is not Dray's game - maybe Alec Burks) and the defense gets better, this team is going to continue to struggle.

Curry is the one of the most unselfish superstars and could get away with it even back to the last good David Lee year because of the talent they had.  They have nothing close to that level of scoring and now he has to be the man at all times and he knows it. He is going to have to force shots in a way he has not been accustomed to on a regular basis. 

Sad to say, but Alec Burks is going to help them a lot!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Of course he is going to get it going, but he is going to have to work really hard all season to do it and its going to be a long year for him and the team.  MVP efficient Steph is not happening this year.

The pressure for him to score and score consistently to even keep them in the game is at an all-time high because like many have said besides Dlo, no one else on the team can really score.  And their defense is beyond atrocious.  Yes its only been two games, but sorry to say this is not a fluke with them.  I watched both games in full.  OKC is not a great team and they could get whatever they wanted.  Unless a third scorer emerges that can create shots (that is not Dray's game - maybe Alec Burks) and the defense gets better, this team is going to continue to struggle.

Curry is the one of the most unselfish superstars and could get away with it even back to the last good David Lee year because of the talent they had.  They have nothing close to that level of scoring and now he has to be the man at all times and he knows it. He is going to have to force shots in a way he has not been accustomed to on a regular basis. 

Nice. I just picked up Burks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Agreed with you. Curry is going to have to jack up like 30 shots a game every night to even keep them slightly competitive. It's literally just him and DLo who can score and no one else. So actually, they're both gonna have to heave a lot of shots lol

I’m still trying to figure this out. They went from:

Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond, Cousins.
livingston, Iguodala, and Quinn Cook

to

Steph, DLo, No Name, Draymond, No Name

D-Leaguer, D-Leaguer, G-Leaguer and Looney?

How did the office mess that up? 

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’m still trying to figure this out. They went from:

Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond, Cousins.
livingston, Iguodala, and Quinn Cook

to

Steph, DLo, No Name, Draymond, No Name

D-Leaguer, D-Leaguer, G-Leaguer and Looney?

How did the office mess that up? 

Retirement, injuries, and free agency

Now this feels much better:

26/3/11/3 4 3s 1 turnover and great efficiency. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ran into the wall known as Baynes, might have hurt his elbow. Damn no more injuries in the NBA plz

He fell on his wrist landing on it then Baynes fell on top

On 10/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, jbthebarber said:

Retirement, injuries, and free agency

Easy .. you max players.. no money left for bench... Shaun and David West left. Iggy was salary dump (see max). 

people forget bench was key .. now it shows. Plus Klay not available hurts too  

1 minute ago, IT2 said:

He fell on his wrist landing on it then Baynes fell on top

This is why Baynes was never allowed to be near Tim Duncan during practice or he was sent home by Pop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trade Monster said:

Too bad Quinn Cook is no longer on the Warriors 😢