PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

So who's going to get all the production now?

7 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

drop city. He ain't coming back, warriors going into tanking mode

I'm contemplating a drop as well w/ Bagley on my team too...

Just now, wisegeeks said:

I wanna say Russell but his efficiency is going to be a concern. He is going to get doubled so hard.

Also, his defense is going to be exploited and Kerr cant hide him in Warriors G leaguers' defense either. Warriors might as well be a seller and trade Dlo for picks/prospects.

Considering their cap situation, it wouldnt be the worst move. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

I am actually thinking Alec Burks. They need a player besides Russell who can dribble and create. Most of their wings are of the 3&D variety, Burks is the only player who has shown he can create on the NBA level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I am actually thinking Alec Burks. They need a player besides Russell who can dribble and create. Most of their wings are of the 3&D variety, Burks is the only player who has shown he can create on the NBA level.

Not to mention that Burks is a shoot-first guy.

But other than him, any early season crystall ball picks between Poole, Lee and the rest of the G-League Warriors?

11 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Same here...

He will receive at least 25/30 minutes each night...(Starter or not)..But nice combo with Russel with the ball..

If he stays heathy, he will be a nice bet for the next 3 months..

Low bet for good upside 

Edited by 23_gaby_23

29 minutes ago, heero78 said:

I wanna say Russell but his efficiency is going to be a concern. He is going to get doubled so hard.

Also, his defense is going to be exploited and Kerr cant hide him in Warriors G leaguers' defense either. Warriors might as well be a seller and trade Dlo for picks/prospects.

I actually would keep an eye on trade partners for prospects. If some young player gets shipped to the Ws for Russell it will be all the minutes/usage he can eat.

54 minutes ago, Febonacci said:

He will be back by week 16 at the earliest. Hes still a hold for me as he could be valuable by fantasy playoff time.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Not to mention that Burks is a shoot-first guy.

But other than him, any early season crystall ball picks between Poole, Lee and the rest of the G-League Warriors?

I think Poole is the one guy that has best chance to put up volume. He's really willing to shoot the ball 

spacer.png

Just now, bballshinobi said:

I think Poole is the one guy that has best chance to put up volume. He's really willing to shoot the ball 

I think no one on here is desperate enough to roster a dude from the YMCA.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, heero78 said:

Their cap situation is not as bad as it's cracked up to be.

They were/are hard-capped this year because of the DLo S&T. But after this season, they revert to having their MLE again and that will give them more flexibility to add to the roster.

For next season, the Warriors already have Curry, Klay, Draymond, Russell, Looney, Poole/Evans/Paschall under contract, plus they get a presumably high draft pick to use on a young player or as trade fodder. That plus the MLE should be able to round out their roster quite nicely.

I'm sort of agnostic as to whether DLo was acquired with the intent of trading him, but I don't think it will be strictly necessary. If they can use him and/or the pick to get a veteran stud swingman, that's probably a move they would be interested in, but they can probably make it work with him on the roster.

I sent out offers for (LordCov, D.Murray, Nance). Teams that are fairly healthy and could stash Curry. I don’t think a single one will accept. 😂😭

Fantasy is so fun, I’m so proud of all the free time I use up on this game that is pure skill and not luck-based at all 😀

13 minutes ago, atrium said:

Fantasy is so fun, I’m so proud of all the free time I use up on this game that is pure skill and not luck-based at all 😀

Steph always gets hurt... theres skill in assessing player value with injury risk that all the gamblers paying 70 for him took the risk on. Lebron going down last year was bad luck, steph was almost a given. Bookers next! 

Edited by johnval1362

49 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I think no one on here is desperate enough to roster a dude from the YMCA.

You might get some push back from the Michigan crowd on that one.

7 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Steph always gets hurt... theres skill in assessing player value with injury risk that all the gamblers paying 70 for him took the risk on. Lebron going down last year was bad luck, steph was almost a given. Bookers next! 

It was “almost a given” that Steph would break his hand and miss 3 months?

Idiotic post

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, atrium said:

Idiotic post

To be fair, it was a given that Warriors would suck and Steph couldn't handle the defensive pressure now he didn't have 4-5 allstar caliber teammates. He was either going to shut it down towards end of the season or shut it down now. You are just put out of your misery a lot sooner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atrium said:

Idiotic post

I didn't say he would break his hand, don't put words in my mouth. The forum has a quotes function if you want to quote me. I said he is injury prone, a thing that exists. Sorry you dont understand that, go draft gallinari or CP or kyrie and blame it on bad luck when you lose, whatever floats your boat. Ayton was bad luck. 

Edited by johnval1362

Expecting Curry to miss some games cause of injury was a reasonable assessment.

Expecting him to miss 3 months cause of a broken hand was a not predictable assessment. It was a fluke.

But go ahead and take some victory laps with your 20/20 hindsight analysis

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, atrium said:

Expecting him to miss 3 months cause of a broken hand was a not predictable assessment. It was a fluke.

Nobody expected him to miss 3 months, but I am sure a lot of people expected him to miss quite a few games and most likely rest when they are eliminated from the playoff race with 2 months left in the season. Maybe you thought the Warriors were gonna be competitive and Steph can put up a 30ppg season?

1 minute ago, atrium said:

It's called being preemptive. Good players know health often wins leagues and not to draft injury prone players. I have tons of lavine stock but i wont call it bad luck if he goes down, I'll call it taking a risk at a bargain price on an injury prone player. If you took steph with pick #10 or $50 it would be bad luck. 

I don't own Steph, but a broken hand is a broken hand. I expected him to miss 2-4 months (see what I did there?) somewhere towards the end of the season.

If he comes back in 3 months that would be Feb 2. I counted about 57 games missed with like 37 remaining. I have him with no ir spot. I think I will be dropping.