Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

ROS id expect 12-13ppg with 4.7 assists per and ill go with 1.4 steals per on 46% FG and 72%FT

solid end of bench PG in 12 teamers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Not that I'm unhappy about picking up Fultz, but I had really high hopes for his steals. I really though he was going to flirt with 2 a game. 

13 points 5 rebounds 9 assists 1 steal, he's heating up nicely, his steals are nice too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

13 points 5 rebounds 9 assists 1 steal, he's heating up nicely, his steals are nice too

Yeah I like what he's producing. It's exactly what I expected picking him up except his steals trended down with more minutes. 

1 hour ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Not that I'm unhappy about picking up Fultz, but I had really high hopes for his steals. I really though he was going to flirt with 2 a game. 

Give him time, he's about to blow up. I'm honestly surprised he has been allowed to float around on waivers 

So someone may have to put me in my place here, but do you all really expect Fultz to be doing much better ROS than he has been? It's been a pretty fun ride so far but it seems like he hovers around top 100 pretty consistently - sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less - even with the added playing time. And ultimately his production just seems a bit capped, which puts him pretty close to cut territory if someone else more seemingly appealing comes along (i.e., Hart, Rondo, etc.).  Please, someone, quick, put me in my place.

9 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Please, someone, quick, put me in my place.

Doesn't work like that 😂

People are quick to comment when they disagree, but not if you're asking for it. It defeats their purpose.

• Like 1

I agree. I thought he would've taken the next step by now but it seems like his upside had a hard cap. Tough to drop off you believe he has elite potential though. Hopefully the magic make some trades and it works out better for him.

If you watch Magic games, the one limiting Fultz upside is the offensive system Clifford runs with the team. Everything is centered around Fournier and Vuc that it becomes borderline disgusting lol. If you put Fultz in a run and gun system I’m sure he would blossom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nica4two said:

So someone may have to put me in my place here, but do you all really expect Fultz to be doing much better ROS than he has been? It's been a pretty fun ride so far but it seems like he hovers around top 100 pretty consistently - sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less - even with the added playing time. And ultimately his production just seems a bit capped, which puts him pretty close to cut territory if someone else more seemingly appealing comes along (i.e., Hart, Rondo, etc.).  Please, someone, quick, put me in my place.

I'm holding. I picked him up off the wire and he's my #4 PG so he works as an end of the bench guy. Anything more is gravy.

Fultz just isn't that great yet. He's been a wonderful pick up, but the team doesn't operate around him and probably will not the rest of this season. It's too early to do that. Fultz has his flaws and one of the biggest ones is his lack of outside shooting. Someone mentioned above that the offense revolves around Fournier and Vuc which is so true. If you go back and look at Fultz's 7 and 9 assist games, he wasn't the one to run most of those plays. He rarely ever play pick and roll/pop. It's understandable as well because it makes more sense giving Fournier the ball to do that with Vuc since he's a 3pt threat. In addition to that, when DJ Augustin has good games, he'll play more minutes and sometimes share the floor with Fultz. When they do that, Fultz plays a lot off ball which doesn't make sense given Fultz lack of outside shooting. Either bench him or give him the ball to run point. Steve Clifford seems to do all he can to give him 30mins a game, but this team is definitely not ready to let Fultz facilitate the offense yet. He's great for defensive stats for now.

• Like 1

Holding in a very deep 10 man league. But he’s now become droppable if the next hot FA pops up.

hes just not producing 

Whenever you have to switch the BBM button from "Top players" to "All players" to see a guy's ranking, that isn't a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Whenever you have to switch the BBM button from "Top players" to "All players" to see a guy's ranking, that isn't a good thing. 

Yikes, and just to put it into perspective for those who do not know, "Top Players" cut off is rank 202.

Probably dropping in my 10 teamer, after this 4 game week is over with. 

8 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

You can complain about his lack of production only if you drafted him.  Did you?

I don’t even own him and he’s still disappointing 

• Haha 3