Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

good post. he could have some mcw popcorn games if his usage was up. that would be a nice but im content with what he offers.

So am I. His assists and steals have been solid. His rebounds come and go but when he has a hot week, he becomes a triple double threat. I don’t get why anyone would drop him in 12 team when it’s pretty obvious he will only get better from here on out. If you can afford to have him sit in the wire for a later add maybe, but many fantasy teams end up starving for assists and Fultz is a good pick up for the end of your bench. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh??

december 28th: 4/3/6

December 30th: 3/7/5

January 1st: 16/4/8

January 3rd: 6/1/3

January 4th: 6/3/7

Rank the Last 2 weeks: 217

Rank the Last Month: 232

Rank for the Season: 189

What are you in a 20 man league? 

Fultz is top 25 in total steals and top 30 in assists. He’s a great end of the bench pick up. His rank is low due to lack of 3 and mediocre FT percentage. But if you have Fultz to boost you 3s and FT, idk what to tell you. Stop using his overall ranking as some crutch against him. People that are actually good at fantasy don’t care about rankings, we are building teams based on our own personal team builds. I’m punting FT% and 3 made and have been happy with this waiver wire add, I’ve been holding Fultz for several weeks now. I’m in 2nd place and haven’t lost assists match-up once. If you’re relying on Fultz it’s a different story, but he’s a solid end of the bench guy. 

• Like 3

On 1/6/2020 at 11:11 PM, Apollo_87 said:

Dude, have you even seen his stats?

Last month, he’s ranked 232 (avg 9-cat), with 39% FG, 67% FT. Even his value cats (5.5 Ast and 1.2 stls aren’t exactly great). Not sure if you’re related to him or got him in a trade and this is some sort of self justification for you, but he’s been bad, man.

Accept it and move on. If you need advice on who to pick instead, we’re here to help. 

Those assist and steals numbers aren’t good? Pretty sure he was in a slump then and not many people are averaging more assists and steals than that in the league. Seems like you have some lofty unrealistic expectations. Does your team suck? You are looking for someone to save you? Fultz isn’t that guy he’s an end of the bench player, but a serviceable one. 

• Like 1

@7614

Agree that 9-cat rankings can be bullshit, but you've used that many times yourself as a reasoning behind your arguments on why Huerter sucks vs other streamers. In Fultz's case, he's a hold if he can keep up with those assist and steals. If his steals fall off like it did in December, he's not a hold, even for a punt 3s and FT% build.

I don't know why you brought up Huerter in this thread. Maybe you have a personal vendetta against him or maybe dislike that he has performed way better than any of the other players you thought were better but, in response to that, Huerter is still the better player in most builds, just not yours. You've been wrong about Huerter, you're still wrong about him now, and I hope you're wrong about those injuries. Where do you come up with this stuff anyways?

If you're using injuries as a reasoning to compare Huerter vs. Fultz as a better pick up, is Fultz any more resistant to injuries than Huerter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

@7614

Agree that 9-cat rankings can be bullshit, but you've used that many times yourself as a reasoning behind your arguments on why Huerter sucks vs other streamers. In Fultz's case, he's a hold if he can keep up with those assist and steals. If his steals fall off like it did in December, he's not a hold, even for a punt 3s and FT% build.

I don't know why you brought up Huerter in this thread. Maybe you have a personal vendetta against him or maybe dislike that he has performed way better than any of the other players you thought were better but, in response to that, Huerter is still the better player in most builds, just not yours. You've been wrong about Huerter, you're still wrong about him now, and I hope you're wrong about those injuries. Where do you come up with this stuff anyways?

If you're using injuries as a reasoning to compare Huerter vs. Fultz as a better pick up, is Fultz any more resistant to injuries than Huerter?

Sorry but I don’t think you have any reading comprehension. I grew up playing basketball and I have never come onto this thread and called a player trash or garbage or say they suck. I have to much appreciation for the game to do that. I save that to the people who have never played on a team in their life. All I did was proclaim my belief that he is a 12 teamer and not a 10, but his fanboys felt a way about that. Then I listed players I’d rather have as assists and steals guys. Everyone speculates so I don’t get why you feel the need to message me that and try to take a dig at me for any of my takes. At least I’m on here speaking basketball and not just posting memes, asking for help like a vulture and calling players trash. Topic in the Huerter thread for me was always his steals and assists upside because aren’t those the 2 categories you holders were boosting up? Those are the only categories worth keeping in for. Huerter is just a high usage player in a bad team, he’s not actually that good atm and his percentages and 3 will take a dip as teams adjust to him more. 

Im done arguing with you about Huerter after this. He’s not in my foresight and my team is doing well. I could care less about getting into another text wall argument with you to feed your ego. 

Huerter is nowhere near top 25 in steals and top 30 in assists over the course of the season or even the last 30 days. Fultz is. His ranking is inflated due to FT percentage, but he doesn’t even take enough FT to shift the needle much in that category. He doesn’t score enough points and he’s fragile so to me he doesn’t warrant a spot over a streamer. So that December where Fultz wasn’t a hold apparently, how was Huerter a hold? When Fultz was still beating Huerter out in his strongest stats? Why would Fultz continue to slump when he’s shown consistent improvements? You don’t watch the games because even when he wasn’t putting up big numbers in that December, he was improving. So yes I think Fultz is more valuable overall because in fantasy I don’t ever see people with teams reliant on FT% unless they drafted someone like Lillard. I think more people value stocks and assists category in 12 teamers than FT% (which inflates Huerters ranking) and 3 (easiest thing to stream for). Most competitive leagues are starving for stocks and assists. 3 point streamers are the easiest thing to come by. 

At this point you’re just arguing with me for your ego, but I can almost guarantee you my team is better than yours and I will probably win more fantasy money than you. So you can brag about having Huerter and I will take my leave and brag when I win my whole fantasy. Have fun with Huerter and good luck. To me it seems like you are looking for someone to save your team through the waiver wire, when these guys are just end of the bench players for me. Maybe that’s why your expectations are so high. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, brickcitymamba said:

My starved-for-assists squad certainly could use some Triple-Dub Fultz.

Whoomp! There it is!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Sorry but I don’t think you have any reading comprehension. I grew up playing basketball and I have never come onto this thread and called a player trash or garbage or say they suck. I have to much appreciation for the game to do that. I save that to the people who have never played on a team in their life. All I did was proclaim my belief that he is a 12 teamer and not a 10, but his fanboys felt a way about that. Then I listed players I’d rather have as assists and steals guys. Everyone speculates so I don’t get why you feel the need to message me that and try to take a dig at me for any of my takes. At least I’m on here speaking basketball and not just posting memes, asking for help like a vulture and calling players trash. Topic in the Huerter thread for me was always his steals and assists upside because aren’t those the 2 categories you holders were boosting up? Those are the only categories worth keeping in for. Huerter is just a high usage player in a bad team, he’s not actually that good atm and his percentages and 3 will take a dip as teams adjust to him more. 

Im done arguing with you about Huerter after this. He’s not in my foresight and my team is doing well. I could care less about getting into another text wall argument with you to feed your ego. 

Huerter is nowhere near top 25 in steals and top 30 in assists over the course of the season or even the last 30 days. Fultz is. His ranking is inflated due to FT percentage, but he doesn’t even take enough FT to shift the needle much in that category. He doesn’t score enough points and he’s fragile so to me he doesn’t warrant a spot over a streamer. So that December where Fultz wasn’t a hold apparently, how was Huerter a hold? When Fultz was still beating Huerter out in his strongest stats? Why would Fultz continue to slump when he’s shown consistent improvements? You don’t watch the games because even when he wasn’t putting up big numbers in that December, he was improving. So yes I think Fultz is more valuable overall because in fantasy I don’t ever see people with teams reliant on FT% unless they drafted someone like Lillard. I think more people value stocks and assists category in 12 teamers than FT% (which inflates Huerters ranking) and 3 (easiest thing to stream for). Most competitive leagues are starving for stocks and assists. 3 point streamers are the easiest thing to come by. 

At this point you’re just arguing with me for your ego, but I can almost guarantee you my team is better than yours and I will probably win more fantasy money than you. So you can brag about having Huerter and I will take my leave and brag when I win my whole fantasy. Have fun with Huerter and good luck. To me it seems like you are looking for someone to save your team through the waiver wire, when these guys are just end of the bench players for me. Maybe that’s why your expectations are so high. 

Bet you used to get dunked on religiously 

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Bet you used to get dunked on religiously 

I bet you’re not even tall enough to make my teams. Key thing in your post is that the people were dunking. You’d be the water boy. Only someone who has never played basketball in their life would use getting dunked on as some insult. 

Edited by 7614

@7614 I'm not sure if you understood what I'm saying. I'm not claiming you called any one a trash player. I'm saying you claimed Huerter wasn't as good of a pick up compared to other players and you used rankings as a reasoning. You're guilty of using it yourself. In fact, you claimed that people in here are calling Fultz trash but no one has said that. You're attacking a strawman again. People are simply showing his stats and how poorly he was playing at the time. He didn't pass the eye test either. Those are facts. I had him throughout Novemeber when he was pretty good and part of December when he started falling off.

None of what I'm saying is a personal attack towards you or to boost my ego so please don't reply with things like my team is better than yours, I won more $$, etc. I really couldn't care less whether it's true or made up. I'm simply puzzled by your takes and find it biased so I comment on it. You use the injury-prone argument when it benefits your argument but you disregard it when you like a player. You say high FT% is inflating Huerter's rankings yet you also used Melton's inflated rankings at the time when he shot ~100% FT for a stretch of games to back up one of your arguments. It screams bias.

As of now, Huerter is the better pick up. Eye test, stats, rankings, team situation all back it up. It's not a question. You can argue that Fultz is a better fit for particular teams but that's the minority.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

@7614 I'm not sure if you understood what I'm saying. I'm not claiming you called any one a trash player. I'm saying you claimed Huerter wasn't as good of a pick up compared to other players and you used rankings as a reasoning. You're guilty of using it yourself. In fact, you claimed that people in here are calling Fultz trash but no one has said that. You attacking a strawman again. People are simply showing his stats and how poorly he was playing at the time. He didn't pass the eye test either. Those are facts. I had him throughout Novemeber when he was pretty good and part of December when he started falling off.

None of what I'm saying is a personal attack towards you or to boost my ego. I'm simply puzzled by your takes and find it biased so I comment on it. You use the injury-prone argument when it benefits your argument but you disregard it when you like a player. As of now, Huerter is the better pick up. Eye test, stats, rankings, team situation all back it up. It's not a question. You can argue that Fultz is a better fit for particular teams but that's the minority.

You just told me I claimed he sucked, when I never did. The players I placed above him, I admit I related it a lot to my own personal team build. But most of them are actually better players and valid arguments could be made, even if my take was arguable, nothing I posted was outrageous. Please tell me which take was so puzzling? End of the day Huerters value will take a dip if the Hawks make a trade for a high usage big man or a trade for more talent in general. Someone like Drummond or Adams will eat his rebounds. Drummond will eat a lot of his assists because Huerter gets most of his assists on hand offs from screens. Drummond likes to make plays off screens and can pull off a decent amount of assists for a big. 

I don’t speak about injuries, only when the concern is applicable. It’s a realistic concern for Huerter but you can continue to be ignorant to the fact. Just a few days ago he was questionable with back pain. The guy is fragile and won’t play if he’s not 100 when the Hawks are playing for nothing. It’s standard practice in the NBA to do that. End of the day a lot of people thought the Hawks would at least compete for playoffs and the way their coach was handling the team at the beginning was much more strict. The young guys have no leash anymore and can chuck bricks freely. 

Hilarious that you claim Huerter is the better player. Fantasy aside. Fultz is actually leading his team in the toughest position in the NBA, fighting for a playoff spot and building a winning culture. Huerter plays on one of the worst teams in the league, gets to play freelance style offensive game where he chucks up bricks and doesn’t have to worry about being benched. He has the offence ran through him at times because their team sucks and has nobody else. I didn’t realize the Hawks were so bad till I actually watched a few games. Other then Carter, their next vet is 25 year old Bembry. If Fultz played on  one of the bottom dwellers in the NBA and didn’t have to play with ball hogs like Gordon and Fournier, he’d be putting up near triple doubles nightly. 
Huerter is no better than guys like Donte, Melton, Aaron Holiday. But they actually play for winning teams, they don’t get huge usage like Huerter. Only reason why it seems like I’m biased is because I don’t get why someone would come into this thread and claim Fultz or Smart (In another thread) is a drop but Huerter is a 10 teamer and the next Klay. I have no issues with him, we are similar age and I like to watch videos about vertical leaps and training exercise, I was looking at video on his vertical and hoop mixtapes. I’m actually a fan of his, but he’s overrated around the league since Wade gave him a jersey. 

Edited by 7614

4 minutes ago, 7614 said:

You just told me I claimed he sucked, when I never did.

Bad word choice, but reread the entire sentence. What I meant is you said he isn't as good vs other potential pick ups. 

--

I'm not saying Huerter isn't injury prone. He might miss more games this season, but so can Fultz. Nobody can tell. If you think Huerter is fragile, do you think Fultz is too? I'm puzzled by how you conclude things like that. You used rankings against Huerter but, to defend Fultz's bad rankings, you say people shouldn't care about rankings. You're saying Huerter's rankings are inflated by FT% but you also used Melton's rankings which were also inflated by FT% to back up your arguments. You hold players to different standards. It's a bit biased.

FYI, rankings can't be inflated by FT%. Rankings use FT%V where both FT% and FTA are factors. So if a player has 100% FT with 0.1 attempts a game, it has very little effect to their rankings.

I'm not going to go on about whose the better player with fantasy aside. That's a never-ending argument and is very subjective for 2 standard players. 

Did he get injured in the last seconds of the game or just a cramp?  Didn’t see the game, just the highlights. 

42 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Did he get injured in the last seconds of the game or just a cramp?  Didn’t see the game, just the highlights. 

Cramp, I believe. Announcers initially said he tweaked his ankle which is probably what you can hear slightly in the highlights but they corrected themselves afterwards. Fultz's teammates were helping him stretch and were feeling his calves. Pause. 

Any chance he gets to improve his ranking? He is within the top 100 these past two weeks. Either way, he's a great end-of-bench option.

Edited by ThisIsSparta

@7614 

Now I remember you, coincidentally you disappeared soon as Red Velvet started going off . Not trying to de-rail this thread . But Fultz couldn’t hold that kid’s joke strap . Heurter is downright balling.. in real life , in fantasy, in rankings , in any team build . It’s idiotic to even compare the two. And to think I complimented you on a pretty good post you made in the Christian Wood thread. You and stay un woke will get along just fine in this thread . 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 2

I’m just happy Fultz is playing and playing well. Go Huskies!!

12 hours ago, stay_woke said:

If you need advice on who to pick up, let me know I'm here to help

The Fultz breakout is happening fellas, hope you all grabbed him while he was free.

Guys, did I miss a memo or something? Fultz is ranked 134th in 9-cat over the last week. And that's despite having a trip-dub in there. If that's your definition of a 'Fultz breakout', good luck, buddy. Seriously.

4 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Guys, did I miss a memo or something? Fultz is ranked 134th in 9-cat over the last week. And that's despite having a trip-dub in there. If that's your definition of a 'Fultz breakout', good luck, buddy. Seriously.

Not all about ranking. His ft% and 3s hold his rank back. You’re an amateur if you only go by yahoo rankings in Nba fantasy 

31 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Not all about ranking. His ft% and 3s hold his rank back. You’re an amateur if you only go by yahoo rankings in Nba fantasy 

And his combined 0.7 stls and blks don't help either. He's averaging a whopping 1.0 combined stls/blks/3s (in 32 mpg) over the past week while also hurting your FT%. In 9-cat, that is what gets you ranked as 134.

Folks need to get over pop-corn stat trip-dubs thinking that's the secret to fantasy success. That's what makes you an amateur in Nba fantasy.

Fultz ceiling for this season is around current-state Derrick Rose imo. Top-100 range.

Edited by Apollo_87
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, 7614 said:

I bet you’re not even tall enough to make my teams. 

I'm 7'2 

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

I'm 7'2 

And that’s two separate measurements 

🔬

Fultz delivers another gem. Top 100 player the past 2 weeks. Happy for him.  Sometimes it’s easy to forget that he is a 21 year old kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GJDHouse said:

Fultz delivers another gem. Top 100 player the past 2 weeks. Happy for him.  Sometimes it’s easy to forget that he is a 21 year old kid.

Same, glad for the kid. He's playing some very good ball , I was wrong about him.  I should've held onto to him longer , knowing he would get better the more he played. 

Edited by RunCMC

Could he potentially become a keeper level player by seasons end or does full strength magic take some value away