Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm hoping he really shows out this year, so we can know whether to draft him next year.  I love how the Magic have completely placed their trust in him, and he's rewarding them with improved play. 

12 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Fultz or Elfrid Payton 

I say, Assistant Coach Forum?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I say, Assistant Coach Forum?

I say asking about value compared to another player chill Karen 

• Like 1

What a line tonight. 22pts, 5 rebs, 10 assists, 1 three, and 2 steals. With no TO’s and good %’s. Beautiful, just beautiful. If he keeps this up he could be a difference maker after the break.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 2

& To think, I almost benched him tonight because I had a full slate of players with games. I’m relieved that I didn’t. Really happy for him and how well he’s been doing in Orlando. Philly didn’t have room for Markelle but I don’t think they believed in Fultz anymore either. They gave up on the #1 pick unfortunately. Sometimes you just need an opportunity and a little faith in anything you do in life, then it’ll all come together. 🙏🏽

• Like 1

I got him as well, let's see if he can continue this level of play 

Inching close to top 100 value, and in the right lineup, he already has that kind of value.  He is a valuable source of assists and has shown consistent improvement over the course of the season.

Month of February he is averaging:

FG: 51.5% (Helps)

FT: 89.5% !!! (Helps)

Pts: 13.3 (doesn't help or hurt as a waiver wire add or late pick)

Rb: 3.0 (not helpful, but he is a guard...think he should be closer to 4-5 

Ast: 7.3 (big help)

Stl: 1.6 (helps)

Blk: 0.0 (kind of surprising given his length)

3pt: 0.9 (doesn't help, but doesn't hurt either)

TO: 2.3 (respectable)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

All while DJ Augustin has been out. No offense.

DJ Augustin is pretty mediocre at this point.  I expect his role to continue to be minimized throughout the season regardless of his health.

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

All while DJ Augustin has been out. No offense.

Yea ... I’m pretty sure the Magic, the NBA, and the fantasy community all know about DJ Augustine. 

I’m not worried about him. Fultz is the future, and he’s progressing nicely. I don’t see that stopping 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

DJ Who? 🧐

exactly. Not sure why his name even came up. 

If the coach decreases Fultz's minutes when DJ comes back they should instantly fire him. He was a number one pick so he clearly has a talent what he MAYBE finally develops into something helpful for the team. He should get all the minutes his body can handle!

12 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

exactly. Not sure why his name even came up. 

I guess recency bias prevails here. We was just laughing about a month or 2 ago that Fultz wasn’t even top 150 on BBM roster worthy. If you paid attention, when Augustin was healthy Fultz was only getting mid 20 minutes per game and he was inconsistent. It was a time share between him and DJ and the coach usually rode the hot hand. Now that DJ has been hurt, Fultz minutes has been in the 30’s and of course his stats went up of course because the back up is McW.

but yes DJ who? Lol. 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, Apollo_87 said:

Lol, I had Fultz in my competitive 9-cat 12-teamer and dropped him last week for Melton. He’s still available - no one in my league is touching him.

He’s maybe a borderline 12-teamer but there’s likely folks with much better upside available. I know the freak scoring today is tempting, but avoid if you can tbh, cause his last 2 week’s stats are very telling. He’s really only helping you in 2 categories (asts and stls, and he’s not a HUGE boost in either to be worth the damage he does on your other categories).

just to add context this was just posted January 6th. 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh??

december 28th: 4/3/6

December 30th: 3/7/5

January 1st: 16/4/8

January 3rd: 6/1/3

January 4th: 6/3/7

Rank the Last 2 weeks: 217

Rank the Last Month: 232

Rank for the Season: 189

What are you in a 20 man league? 

And I posted this The same day. Let’s not act like DJ didn’t have any effect. 

Sidenote: before anyone comes in with the snark “sorry you missed out buddy” response. All I’m saying is enjoy the ride. I’m having a healthy discussion.

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

just to add context this was just posted January 6th. 

And I posted this The same day. Let’s not act like DJ didn’t have any effect. 

Sidenote: before anyone comes in with the snark “sorry you missed out buddy” response. All I’m saying is enjoy the ride. I’m having a healthy discussion.

The past is the past, if we assume rational coaching (it's the Magic, I know) then Fultz should be getting 30+ minutes per game. DJA is a suitcase.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

The past is the past, if we assume rational coaching (it's the Magic, I know) then Fultz should be getting 30+ minutes per game. DJA is a suitcase.

That’s why I’m saying Enjoy the ride. Fultz is killing it now. But I don’t know what to expect from a coach trying to secure the 8th seed spot.

It's kinda the same situation with the Knicks. They had a PG time share and now since Payton is doing everything he is locked for 30+ min. I don't see why this can't happen to Fultz as well when he continues his strong performance. I mean, in the end this is what Orlando was hoping for when they traded for him. DJ Augustin is 32 years old, they should know what the correct move is.

But you're right when you say that it's still Orlando, so you never know...

Magic is 5-10  since DJ went down. and it was against a very tough schedule (Clippers x2, OKC, Boston x2, Miami x2, Bucks).

Fultz is the future and will be fine.  IMO he is just playing better. Over the  last 2 month Fultz is at ~ 30 min/game

9-cat BBM rankings:

Last 2 months - 140th,  last month - 93th.

He is simply playing better and gaining  much needed experience and confidence. DJ Augustin  is not a threat to Fultz anymore

On 2/14/2020 at 9:52 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That’s why I’m saying Enjoy the ride. Fultz is killing it now. But I don’t know what to expect from a coach trying to secure the 8th seed spot.

Well a coach trying to secure the 8th spot should be playing him more, not less.  He's actually an OK defender, and way better than Augustin on defense.  Improving on offense too.  DJ is best as the bench PG, providing spark off the bench rather than getting burned by opposing starters.

Fournier likely to be out for an extended period. Gallagher posted a stat: "With Vooch and Gordon next to him and without Fournier, Markelle Fultz has a per-36 line of 21.1 points, 7.6 boards, 5.5 dimes, 1.7 steals and 0.7 treys (104-minute sample, T. Ross in that sample for 55 minutes)." Question is if Fultz can push for 30 mins with Augustin healthy. 

1 minute ago, orlgln said:

Fournier likely to be out for an extended period. Gallagher posted a stat: "With Vooch and Gordon next to him and without Fournier, Markelle Fultz has a per-36 line of 21.1 points, 7.6 boards, 5.5 dimes, 1.7 steals and 0.7 treys (104-minute sample, T. Ross in that sample for 55 minutes)." Question is if Fultz can push for 30 mins with Augustin healthy. 

Fultz has been averaging 30 mins for a while now, the only time he's not gotten 30 is when there's a blowout