Sign in to follow this  
hlin8821

Dwayne Bacon 2019-2020 Outlook

just wanna know if he starts killing it, can we all agree to call him the "Baconator"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fantasm said:

just wanna know if he starts killing it, can we all agree to call him the "Baconator"?

no

2 hours ago, fantasm said:

Sounds good! All aboard the Baconator Train! 

• Thanks 3

Big fan of this guy. Everything I read says he’s a 2 way player. Shud avg a 3 per game with 1 steal and good ft%. Grabbing em in the last rd of my 14 rd $ drafts

I think if Batum bumps someone out of the starting five it's Baconbits. That doesn't mean he won't have value.

12 hours ago, phantomfred said:

Big fan of this guy. Everything I read says he’s a 2 way player. Shud avg a 3 per game with 1 steal and good ft%. Grabbing em in the last rd of my 14 rd $ drafts

Right now none of us can be confident in a steal per, this guy has horrendous steal rates in the NBA. This preseason he’s had 0 steals, it’s the same issue as last year, he would be a way sexier sleeper if he could even get 1 per, it’s what kills his value.

He’s a cheap points threes and FT guy off the wire with occasional dime games, I personally put him in my desperation sleeper category, there are so many pickups available currently that he’s on the lower end of the totem pole.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Hes getting minutes and hea not shy at shooting. Must own??

I think so. I can't figure out who to drop for him... between Anunoby, Mikal Bridges and Bojan.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Hes getting minutes and hea not shy at shooting. Must own??

Not must own. But If you got an open spot I’d grab. 

Just now, lilremix328 said:

I think so. I can't figure out who to drop for him... between Anunoby, Mikal Bridges and Bojan.

For you bojan im thinking of dropping dario saric for him thoughts?

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Not must own. But If you got an open spot I’d grab. 

Does dario saric sound like an open spot or dwyane dedmond?

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

For you bojan im thinking of dropping dario saric for him thoughts?

Yeah, either Dario or Dedmon for you.

3 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

Yeah, either Dario or Dedmon for you.

Done even if bacon is trash from here on out saric has no upside anyway.

• Like 1

I am in a points league and this guy intrigues me. What's his outlook relative to guys like NAW, Fultz or Dwight Powell?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Done even if bacon is trash from here on out saric has no upside anyway.

Welp, I was a second late..  I did scoop up PJ. 

1 minute ago, lilremix328 said:

Welp, I was a second late..  I did scoop up PJ. 

Nice i was lucky enough to scoop PJ 5 mins before the game started so i go his amazing stats today. 

He faced a really bad Bulls team, teams are going to eat against the Bulls and Wizards this year, as well as Charlotte. It is completely foreseeable that he goes another 10 games without a steal, that's just how it is, but he's definitely worth a flier for scoring and 3's. 

The intriguing stat to me is the 21 shot attempts. I checked the game log, six of those misses were three point attempts. He could’ve had high points if even three of those went in.

You guys think he’ll have the green light to fire away like this on a consistent basis? If so, I’m grabbing him ASAP. PJ had 17 shot attempts.

12 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

The intriguing stat to me is the 21 shot attempts. I checked the game log, six of those misses were three point attempts. He could’ve had high points if even three of those went in.

You guys think he’ll have the green light to fire away like this on a consistent basis? If so, I’m grabbing him ASAP. PJ had 17 shot attempts.

He shot a tasty 43.7% from deep last season. On low volume, sure, but he seems to be one of their most reliable options there which suddenly makes him a high-volume candidate. Tempted to grab him but he absolutely needs heavy usage to be useful.