E-A-G-L-E-S

Antonio Callaway 2019 Outlook

With Landry in concussion protocols and Rashard Higgins hurt since week 1, yes.

Baker Peterman can barley support 1 WR at a time each game. If he can’t even consistently connect with the OBJ and Landry during the same game I have a hard time seeing Callaway having any value/impact. 

If I had the room I’d rather take Cole Beasley who’s still criminally under-owned or a flyer on of the Niners receivers between Pettis/Samuel/Goodwin/Hurd. I think one of them will separate from the pack and emerge as a consistent contributor ROS. All of the guys I listed are less than 20% owned so most if not all should be available in 12 teams or less. 

Big time speed but route tree is limited and had the major case of the dropsies last year.  Has some upside but a zero floor.

The guy is definitely special. Throughout his college career he just seemed to make big plays when they were needed and was arguably one of the best at his position in the country but fell due to off the field issues. Not sure how much he has matured. But, with Njoku out, Higgins hurt, there could be targets as the WR3 in this offense. He had troubles with drops last year but could be worth a stash to wait and see. Just have a bad feeling that the volume will not be there and he will end up a wasted talent.

For reference:https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/antonio-callaway/

He was viable this week if Landry was out with a concussion; thats no longer the case. Landry cleared all protocols.

Edited by Gryfter

Landry is a JAG who thinks he's on OBJ level

The younger AC is better.  Hopefully he can stay off the weed.

48 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Landry is a JAG who thinks he's on OBJ level

The younger AC is better.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

I completely forgot about this guy.  Where is he if everyone was healthy?  Behind Landry, or behind Higgins?

Sat, Oct 5 at 7:37am

Callaway expects to receive work on special teams as a returner on kicks and punts, Andrew Gribble of the Browns' official site reports.

Analysis: Callaway is expected to make his season debut Monday against the 49ers after serving a four-game suspension. Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer wants to use him as a returner but wants to see Callaway absorb some hits first. "He has so much talent," Priefer said. "You have to be able to trust him back there. He has not been hit this year, but if he protects the ball like we have preaching to him since Day 1, then we would have a chance." As a rookie in 2018, Callaway returned five punts (12.2 YPR) and eight kicks (17.9).

A lot of mouths to feed in a very unproductive offense from a passing standpoint. Doesn't look that appealing outside of deeper leagues.

I wouldn't say unproductive, but after facing Baltimore the offense may finally be kicking into gear. However, with the recent blurb stating Callaway's snaps will be limited, combined with an upcoming stretch of games (and a bye for weeks 7-10) facing NE, Denver and Buffalo, which has me holding on picking him up for now. Wake me up in week 11.

5 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Eagles signing incoming?

I must have missed something. Did he get cut?

5 minutes ago, nromn said:

I must have missed something. Did he get cut?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Yeah seen this afterwards. Won't help this year. I'd stash him for the future still if possible. Not sure on his contract

Bum. Writing has been on the wall since his NFL draft stock plummeted from 1st round to 4th for character issues. Just watch 2018 Hard Knocks on HBO

Does he not realize that he needs to have an All-pro caliber season before taking the Josh Gordon career path?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Bum. Writing has been on the wall since his NFL draft stock plummeted from 1st round to 4th for character issues. Just watch 2018 Hard Knocks on HBO

Fantastic player. Bum of a person. He's Justin Blackmon/Martavis Bryant. You hate to see it.