Sign in to follow this  
Bowman

Sketchy trade or no?

Generally, I'm of the opinion that you don't veto a trade unless it's really questionable.  This one is on the line for me, but I may be biased. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Team Ditka (2-2) gives up: Ekeler, JuJu, Garoppolo

Team FNAH (0-4) gives up: Zeke, Brandin Cooks

2 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Generally, I'm of the opinion that you don't veto a trade unless it's really questionable.  This one is on the line for me, but I may be biased. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Team Ditka (2-2) gives up: Ekeler, JuJu, Garoppolo

Team FNAH (0-4) gives up: Zeke, Brandin Cooks

Seems legit.  I do think the 2-2 team is getting the better deal as Zeke is a top 5 RB while Ekeler will be losing more than half his touches to Melvin and JuJu has under performed on a bad Pittsburgh team.  Jimmy G is basically waiver wire material (not saying he isn't worth rostering but he's unowned in most leagues 12 teams or less).

The real question is, what is the relationship of these two teams?  Are they best friends?  Do they have a history of trading like this?  If the answer to either of these are maybe then you may want to voice your concern to the league.  Doesn't mean the trade has to be denied or anything but at least get a record of this on the books so the next time they pull this you can then shut it down.

So while the 2-2 team is winning the trade it almost makes sense the gamble for the 0-4 team as they need to start taking some chances (hard to make fantasy playoffs starting 0-4).

• Thanks 1

Team Ditka:
QB - Rivers, Garoppolo
WR - JuJu, Digs, J.Gordon, Gallup, Metcalf, AJ Green (IR)
RB - McCaffrey, Ingram, Ekeler, Mixon, Howard
TE - Walker

Team FNAH:
QB - Brissett, Cousins
WR - Julio, Cooks, Agholor, Jackson, Gabriel, Hill (IR)
RB - Zeke, Sony, Breida, Hyde, AP
TE - Davis, Cook

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

The real question is, what is the relationship of these two teams?  Are they best friends?  Do they have a history of trading like this?  If the answer to either of these are maybe then you may want to voice your concern to the league.  Doesn't mean the trade has to be denied or anything but at least get a record of this on the books so the next time they pull this you can then shut it down.

Appreciate the input guys.  As to their relationship, they are brothers in law.  I can't recall any history of odd trades between them in the past.

5 minutes ago, fillysfinest said:

You'll have to post both teams. Its not veto worthy but if I was the Zeke owner I wouldn't be doing this.

I'm assuming the Zeke owner has holes to fill being 0-4.

Also for Jimmy G to really warrant trade value right  now I am also assuming this is a 12 team or deeper league?  As he's only rostered in 34% of ESPN leagues but owned 55% of Yahoo! Leagues.  So while I will say I like Jimmy G a lot and think he's worth a gamble I'm sure there are comparable QBs on the waiver wire unless the league is at least 12 teams.  So why risk trading away who should be the 3rd most valuable player right now in most fantasy formats for Jimmy G?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

I'm assuming the Zeke owner has holes to fill being 0-4.

Also for Jimmy G to really warrant trade value right  now I am also assuming this is a 12 team or deeper league?  As he's only rostered in 34% of ESPN leagues but owned 55% of Yahoo! Leagues.  So while I will say I like Jimmy G a lot and think he's worth a gamble I'm sure there are comparable QBs on the waiver wire unless the league is at least 12 teams.  So why risk trading away who should be the 3rd most valuable player right now in most fantasy formats for Jimmy G?

It's a 10 team, but with a big bench. So there wasn't much on the wire.  Appreciate your input.

6 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Team Ditka:
QB - Rivers, Garoppolo
WR - JuJu, Digs, J.Gordon, Gallup, Metcalf, AJ Green (IR)
RB - McCaffrey, Ingram, Ekeler, Mixon, Howard
TE - Walker

Team FNAH:
QB - Brissett, Cousins
WR - Julio, Cooks, Agholor, Jackson, Gabriel, Hill (IR)
RB - Zeke, Sony, Breida, Hyde, AP
TE - Davis, Cook

Well honestly after seeing Team Ditka's roster he could have given up much better players really.  Again the trade is clearly being won by the 2-2 Team Ditka in my eyes but is it bad enough to call collusion?  I dunno you have to look at the history between these two teams and maybe you do just raise the question so it's on record in your league.  

How long has your league been running?  How many times have you questioned a trade?  Honestly trades in fantasy football are pretty rare so you don't want to snuff them all out with the call of collusion on every trade that isn't 100% equal.  But this guy has Ingram and Mixon who are going to rot on his bench and the throw in is Jimmy G and both of these teams are rostering 2x QBs is this a 2x QB league?

• Thanks 1

Yeah if you're honestly thinking it's collusion or something's up with the trade your best bet is to say something on the league.  Try to do it in a nice not so threatening way (like avoid name calling or directly accusing) just raise the questions or concerns that are making your "spidey sense" tingle.

Like how come the 2-2 team (who is really stacked honestly) gets to get a top 5 player and a top 5 WR for merely giving up bench players?  Is the 0-4 team that stupid to not realize Ekeler has Melvin Gordon coming back.  Because if Melvin wasn't coming back I'd still say the 2-2 team was winning this trade but there would be 0 question behind the trade's merit then.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the input. Much appreciated.  This league has been around for over ten years. There have been maybe one or two trades vetoed that I can recall.

Zeke's the RB9 1/4 through the season. Lots of 'top 5' player talk, not sure if that is accurate for this year.

• Thanks 1