Sign in to follow this  
danp

K Allen for Thielen and Waller

I’m desperate for a TE and hoping to sell high on Allen and buy low on Thielen.

No way, unless you're absolutley stacked at WR. There's little reason to expect Allen's targets to drop, especially with all of the other WRs around him dealing with injuries.

Meanwhile, the passing game situation in MIN is horrific! I wouldn't be trying to trade into that. Sure, it could be a squeaky wheel situation, but the offensive scheme that MIN runs is built around the run game. I'd stay clear of that passing game, personally, unless you're paying close to nothing.

General trading tip: the side that gets the best player overall is usually the winner. I would actually try pairing two lesser players and trade up for a TE that way rather than trading down from Allen to two lesser players.

2 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

I'd probably do this. KA will regress very slightly with Gordon back. 

I'm not so sure. Ekeler was already very much involved in the passing game, and Allen was still getting a huge target share. I don't see Gordon getting much more passing game work than Ekeler was getting.

I don't mind this.  Allen is great but Melvin Gordon's return and Mike Williams getting healthier are going to effect his production.  On top of that Henry will be back.  I think Minnesota is gonna start throwing the ball more given the displeasure both Diggs and Thielen have shown.  We're 1/4 through the season and Waller is on pace to break the NFL record for receptions by a TE.  

2 minutes ago, ImaginarySam said:

I'm not so sure. Ekeler was already very much involved in the passing game, and Allen was still getting a huge target share. I don't see Gordon getting much more passing game work than Ekeler was getting.

Gordon got 50 catches last year and that was with Ekeler playing so it's going to be similar to last year and it will slightly effect him like I said. Slightly less touchdown opportunities for him too.

I would probably make the deal. Take a hit right now at WR & hope MIN starts throwing more again, & you get an upgrade at TE.

This isn't a terrible deal. If Theilen turns it on, it would be a very good deal. That is a very big IF though.  While I expect

Theilen to improve, I don't see any way he approaches what he did at the beginning of last year.

Who else do you have on your roster? I'd bet you could get a different TE at a cheaper price or pick up Herndon if available.

Keenan's value is sky high right now. You should command top dollar for him right now (ie a top 10 rb)

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/768531-whir-upgrade-wrs-or-stay-put/

I think the drop off from Keenan Allen to Thielen is bigger than the drop off from Waller to Streaming TE. I wouldn't do it. Thielen is as talented as Keenan Allen but there's not much floor or ceiling in an offense that wants to throw less than 20 times a game as long as gamescript allows it (which with their defense usually does). Allen is getting 2 to 3 times the targets per game that Thielen is. 

2 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

I think the drop off from Keenan Allen to Thielen is bigger than the drop off from Waller to Streaming TE. I wouldn't do it. Thielen is as talented as Keenan Allen but there's not much floor or ceiling in an offense that wants to throw less than 20 times a game as long as gamescript allows it (which with their defense usually does). Allen is getting 2 to 3 times the targets per game that Thielen is. 

This, unless your streaming options are down to like Noah Fant 

I would definitely not do this! Studs win you games in fantasy and you would be trading one away. The drop off from Allen to Thielen will handicap your team. 

I would be ecstatic if I was on the other end of this trade.