iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

man another beast game with shroder and gallinari back... this dude is for reals and should post solid stats ROS. giddy up

6 hours ago, ThisIsSparta said:

How does Yahoo's position eligibility work? Give this man an SF position 💪💪💪

from a couple of pages back:

On 12/17/2019 at 4:27 AM, MysticPeak said:

Oh, guess what? YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR SGA’S SF ELIGIBILITY!

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35839780-shai-gilgeous-alexander-f-and-g-eligibily

Thank god to whoever started the thread. 

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Keep voting y’all. It’s a little frustrating that they still haven’t done anything about this.

I have SGA, so I wouldn't mind if he received the SF position eligibility.

...that being said, according to Basketball Reference (under Play-by-Play section), SGA only plays SF 17% of the time, and I assume this is how often CP3, Schroder, and SGA are on the floor at the same time. That's pretty damn low. There's probably a fair argument against adding the SF eligibility as well.

If you want to argue that Yahoo isn't clear or consistent about adding position eligibility, then you won't get any argument from me. Their official criteria is incredibly vague.

1 hour ago, darkyume said:

...that being said, according to Basketball Reference (under Play-by-Play section), SGA only plays SF 17% of the time, and I assume this is how often CP3, Schroder, and SGA are on the floor at the same time. That's pretty damn low. There's probably a fair argument against adding the SF eligibility as well.

If you want to argue that Yahoo isn't clear or consistent about adding position eligibility, then you won't get any argument from me. Their official criteria is incredibly vague.

Can never trust that. Brandon Clarke's C% was at 12% or something but it was far from the truth since he would check in for Valanciunas and would only check in for JJJ if he was in foul trouble. Then would play alongside JJJ for the majority of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkyume said:

Bojan plays 10% at SG, 75% at SF and 15% at PF and yet he's eligible for all 3 positions (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bogdabo02.html) in Yahoo. There's absolutely no reason why SGA shouldn't get SF eligibility.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Can never trust that. Brandon Clarke's C% was at 12% or something but it was far from the truth since he would check in for Valanciunas and would only check in for JJJ if he was in foul trouble. Then would play alongside JJJ for the majority of the game.

This is not true - I have Brandon Clarke and when I voted for his position eligibility, he was around 50/50 between PF/C on Basketball Reference, and I posted that as evidence on a voting thread.

3 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

Bojan plays 10% at SG, 75% at SF and 15% at PF and yet he's eligible for all 3 positions (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bogdabo02.html) in Yahoo. There's absolutely no reason why SGA shouldn't get SF eligibility.

Since I don’t follow Bojan, I’m not familiar with what positions he started off with, and what were added during the season (if any), but it does sound like Yahoo prefers to stay conservative with adding new positions during the season according to the link I posted earlier. If the complaint is that the official criteria is vague and inconsistently enforced, you won’t have any argument from me. In the ideal world, Yahoo’s criteria and decision process would be much more transparent, but we are in the mercy of using their free service.

Just wanted to provide my input that I wouldn’t be shocked if SGA doesn’t ever get the SF eligibility, and I think the rage towards Yahoo from users in the SGA positional eligibility is a bit unwarranted. If you want them to take action, calling them stupid and incompetent is probably not gonna help. I think the best course of action would be to just calmly provide evidence of SGA’s playing time at the SF position, and I also wouldn’t be terribly sad if he isn’t given the positional eligibility because he’s only there for 17% of the time.

What I think does help is to provide clear arguments. “SGA plays SF in 3-guard lineups with Schroder, CP3” is still a bit vague compared to “SGA plays SF 17% of the time according to Basketball Reference, and it occurs when Schroder, CP3, and SGA share the floor”. If I need further evidence, I’d check out what the substitution patterns are like with websites like popcornmachine.net. With Brandon Clarke the evidence is particularly easy because he pretty much exclusively subs in/out for Val or JJJ, and he’s considered the center when he’s on the floor together with JJJ (which occurs about 50% of the time he’s on the floor).

Edited by darkyume

4 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

Actually, I checked the link again and the %s are as you mentioned. I’m pretty sure when I checked it was around 50/50, so I’m not sure what changed. Maybe I asked at a good time :ph34r:

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, darkyume said:

This is not true - I have Brandon Clarke and when I voted for his position eligibility, he was around 50/50 between PF/C on Basketball Reference, and I posted that as evidence on a voting thread.

I was also one of the guys who voted for his pos eligibility and I think you got it mixed up. Clarke at the time was 12% C and it hasn't changed since. Many people pointed that out in I think here, and/or r/fantasybball. There are a lot of other players that they've gotten wrong as well when it comes to pos%, it wasn't just Clarke.

Edited by MysticPeak

Suns interested in acquiring Gallinari. 👀

1 hour ago, doomz said:

Suns interested in acquiring Gallinari. 👀

Link?

8 minutes ago, simon said:

Link?

• Thanks 1

Would Gallo leaving help him? I’m guessing usage would go up, but unsure outside of that.

2 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Would Gallo leaving help him? I’m guessing usage would go up, but unsure outside of that.

Usage, most definitely. His shot attempts spiked when gallo was out.

35 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

3 consecutive career highs with Gallo out. Enough said.

• Like 1

Best line he has ever put up for me. Just what I needed ❤️

Ok even i must admit hes a decent player. I reached in the draft to get him because i thought he would be decent but tonight he proved to me and more importantly himself that he is a decent player. I am satisfied for his rest of season outlook.