iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, blaze4g said:

lol I don't see why you think its a bad trade. With my punt categories and having no idea what Dipo will be like (him on minutes restriction, no b2b, etc), I don't see why it is bad. Rose provides similar numbers to Shai, except shai more steals but Rose more assist which I needed. Westbrook for Bryant and Dipo seems good to me.

Dipo should be good by the playoffs and hopefully Bryant doesn't get hurt. My concern is that Shai is arguably better than Westbrook on his own. Derrick Rose lacks 3s and stocks badly. Even if the rest of your team is a perfect fit for your new players, you just helped the other team immensely. I think it's almost veto-able.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Dipo should be good by the playoffs and hopefully Bryant doesn't get hurt. My concern is that Shai is arguably better than Westbrook on his own. Derrick Rose lacks 3s and stocks badly. Even if the rest of your team is a perfect fit for your new players, you just helped the other team immensely. I think it's almost veto-able.

Not vetoable, but a bad trade. Way prefer Shai/Bryant over Westbrook/Rose (with Dipo being a thrown-in).

Westbrook does fit the punt FG/TO build which keeps it closer.

1 minute ago, gooseball said:

Thanks for your response rather than a childish response lol.

I see what you mean. The other team is 4-7 and I am 9-2. I have steals, blocks, FT% and 3s locked. I needed mainly assist...points I am usually winning but close. Shai doesn't provide much assist at all nor 3s. The only unknown is Dipo. If he comes back great then for sure I lose the trade. But I am currently leading my league and thought if I can secure assist and points then I should win my league.

I can see why people think it is a bad trade in a vacuum. But me punting FG%, REB and TO make westbrook a 2nd rounder while Shai is a 6th rounder. Getting a 2nd rounder for a 6th rounder and Bryant a 15th rounder, Rose 5th rounder. Dipo unknown. 

• Like 1

I’d let SGA sleep with my wife and I’m not even married 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Not vetoable, but a bad trade. Way prefer Shai/Bryant over Westbrook/Rose (with Dipo being a thrown-in).

Westbrook does fit the punt FG/TO build which keeps it closer.

If you were punting FG%, TO and REB and with those cats punted someone offered you a 2nd and 5th rounder for a 6th, 15th rounder and a player that hasn't played the season what would you take?

Holy smokes that 20/20/10 ... how in the flying fook did this kid grab 20 boards . Studski , wrap it up , put a bow tie on it. 

In the last 20 years only 3 players listed as Guards have had a 20PT - 20RB game: Russel Westbrook, Ben Simmons, SGA.

SGA is the youngest to ever do that.

Haven't really checked before 1999, might even be just the three of them even before that, making SGA the youngest guard ever to record it.

Edited by doomz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, doomz said:

In the last 20 years only 3 players listed as Guards have had a 20PT - 20RB game: Russel Westbrook, Ben Simmons, SGA.

Haven't really checked before 1999, might even be just the three of them even before 1999, making SGA the youngest guard ever to get that.

Subscribed

26 minutes ago, doomz said:

Haven't really checked before 1999, might even be just the three of them even before that, making SGA the youngest guard ever to record it.

Not just guard but youngest player, he beat Shaq. 

Owned Shai last year as well, I'm so glad he's being UNLEASHED! 

I thought the was a glitch in the system ... what system? No clue. I saw his line tonight, and thought somebody hacked somethin. 

atty boy SGA 

2 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I thought the was a glitch in the system ... what system? No clue. I saw his line tonight, and thought somebody hacked somethin. 

atty boy SGA 

can't blame you, gilgeous-alexander sounds like a law firm

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Goku said:

Owned Shai last year as well, I'm so glad he's being UNLEASHED! 

I still think the Clippers gave up too much for PG.  Who were they bidding against anyway?  But good for Shai, he's now going to be the number 1 option, probably from this point on and also next season. 

55 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I still think the Clippers gave up too much for PG.  Who were they bidding against anyway?  But good for Shai, he's now going to be the number 1 option, probably from this point on and also next season. 

Of course they gave up too much. They had zero leverage. If the Clips had stuck it out with those assets, they would've missed out in Kawhi.

Edited by sharkpotato

23 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Of course they gave up too much. They had zero leverage. If the Clips had stuck it out with those assets, they would've missed out in Kawhi.

You think Kawhi really would have gone to the Lakers?  Just watching him and Lebron interact would be so awkward it would have been amazing.  Thunder didn't have anything close to what the Clips offered, and Kawhi wanted to go to the Clippers all along.  Ballmer just didn't care and just wanted these PG and Kawhi.  They did what they had to, and then some.  If they just kept Shai or Gallo I would still feel better about it.  Sam Presti earned his salary and then some with those two trades. 

I think both teams are satisfied with the trade. PG is still overcoming injuries and developing chemistry with his new team, but he's easily a top 10 player in the league. The early season flare surrounding the Clippers has died down a bit with their recent struggles, but they still have dynastic potential for the next 3 or so years IMO. 

Loving the assists. Hopefully they stay. Such a bonus because I didn’t draft SGA expecting them with Paul there. So glad Billy Donovan challenged him to fill the stat sheet right before his 20/20 game. Ever since he has.

Watched the game and felt like he didn’t play well at all. Then went to check his stats.

If this is his floor... 👀