iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

He wasn't even hitting his shots tonight. If he can take 20 on the reg, peripheral stats will mount. A 22 / 3.5 / 4 / 1.4 / 0.7 line on strong PG averages clears his ADP no problem.

Don't forget that the Thunder's two best other scorers are old and injury prone, regardless of whether the team moves them.

Gilgeous is sittin' real pretty.

• Like 1

Kid's balling out. Who's paying close attention? Watching multiple games right now, don';t know whether his statline is sustainable compared to conservative/realistic projections.

Edited by MysticPeak

Just now, MysticPeak said:

Kid's balling out. Who's paying close attention? Watching multiple games right now, don';t know whether his statline is sustainable compared to conservative/realistic projections.

It’s sustainable. I have watched some of both his regular games and a little of his preseason. It’s his team. Nothing he can’t keep doing. He will be averaging 20 PPG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

He won't average multiple blocks, but it's sustainable (he averaged something like 1.2 stls / 0.5 blks in 26 mins as a rookie, which is an excellent baseline). OKC has nothing except him and a bunch of eventual trade assets, so as long as he keeps things in the ballpark of last year's efficiency, he's golden.

7 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Watching since this summer. I took him over other players with similar projected stats solely off the eye test - I just love his game. Just a pleasure to watch. I don’t think these first two games are a fluke it is very much sustainable.

Just watch the play he did just now in the third. A clean as f steal and then off to the races on the fast break, goes up for the layup, gets contested and finds cp3 for the dish just before he to lands on his feet. Love his energy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

stronger than he looks

float like a butterfly sting like a bee 

OKC on his back call him Muhammad Shai-li

Edited by KingDURANTULA
  • Haha 1

Kicking myself for not reaching in the draft. Other GMs had the same idea and took him before me in the 5th.

12 minutes ago, Bluo said:

Kicking myself for not reaching in the draft. Other GMs had the same idea and took him before me in the 5th.

It's crazy because in one of my leagues people were sleeping on him until I finally picked him 72nd overall in the 7th round. That was a bargain for SGA imo. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LW_00 said:

It's crazy because in one of my leagues people were sleeping on him until I finally picked him 72nd overall in the 7th round. That was a bargain for SGA imo. 

We drafted on 11 October in a 14 team league and at that point he was being drafted in the 70s everywhere. I thought I could reach in the 60s to get him and he got took before I could. 

1 hour ago, rfhamilton said:

got him at #92 and stoked. The kid has been given the full reigns of the offence. 

Bruh

I got the last pick of a 12-teamer. Been tough to pick the first 4. I had him ranked top 60 but picked bam and Tobias with #60 #61. He fell to me at #84. I didn’t hesitate to grab this second year young stud and felt it’s a steal.