Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Zach Lavine 2019-2020 Outlook

spacer.png

He's setting up for a monster season for the Bulls. I think he might push up towards 25 ppg average. Elite efficiency, high free throw rate. The only weaknesses he has really are low peripherals and turnovers but no one cares about turnovers. He's like a discount Lillard and you can get him later than Lillard.

5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

spacer.png

He's setting up for a monster season for the Bulls. I think he might push up towards 25 ppg average. Elite efficiency, high free throw rate. The only weaknesses he has really are low peripherals and turnovers but no one cares about turnovers. He's like a discount Lillard and you can get him later than Lillard.

I'm a believer as well. Hope he stays healthy. As mentioned, it's Lillard followed by Booker a round later and then Lavine 2/3 Rds later

Always scoop Lavine when I see him. Got him last year and this year too. Expecting a big season

5 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Always scoop Lavine when I see him. Got him last year and this year too. Expecting a big season

what did it cost you? a 3rd or 4th?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

what did it cost you? a 3rd or 4th?

Got him at 6th. But I’m in a keeper league and 2 people missed the draft 

7 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Got him at 6th. But I’m in a keeper league and 2 people missed the draft 

Nice! I'm in a points league with alot of sharks. Im pretty sure if i want him i'm gonna have to take him in the 3rd

I didn't follow him really close last year. I watched him a lot when he was with the wolves. Seems like his game has improved a bit since then. But it seems he really runs hot and cold for a period of time.

When he is on, everything he throws up goes in and when he is struggling, it single digit scoring. 1 for 11 shooting, 3 for 15.  Then he comes out of it and has some games where his FG% is 50-60% and drops 30-40. 

If he was there in the 4th, I would look at him pretty hard in a points league. It's been so long since I've played Roto, I have no idea of how he looks for categories.

Ripping it up right now. Stock going up as we speak!

On 10/8/2019 at 8:31 PM, rabaak said:

I didn't follow him really close last year. I watched him a lot when he was with the wolves. Seems like his game has improved a bit since then. But it seems he really runs hot and cold for a period of time.

When he is on, everything he throws up goes in and when he is struggling, it single digit scoring. 1 for 11 shooting, 3 for 15.  Then he comes out of it and has some games where his FG% is 50-60% and drops 30-40. 

If he was there in the 4th, I would look at him pretty hard in a points league. It's been so long since I've played Roto, I have no idea of how he looks for categories.

He was pretty consistent last year, loved owning him last year as he made me elite in points and FTs

He’s so smooth! Love watching him play, but he never falls to me in drafts. He should be an allstar this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boytoy said:

He should be an allstar this year.

100% agree.  I will admit before last year I was not that big of a fan of his.  But he really improved his game, particularly getting to the line more.  I am definitely a believer that he will be an all-star this year especially since he is in the East and because the Bulls are going to surprise people too.  I think this will be his true breakout year.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, fabrar said:

Ripping it up right now. Stock going up as we speak!

Biggest thing to me, more than anything else, is reports indicated that he was reading the defense really really well in his last pre-season game. Was able to disrupt the passing lanes multiple times.

He's always been a middle-class Devin Booker, but if he improves his defense and consistency? I thought his stock was going slightly down because of Lauri, but if he asserts himself as the #1 guy I'm not worried anymore. Should be Booker-lite again for a much cheaper price tag. 

Edited by s-kayos

I don't think people are adjusting enough for how good he is in 8 cat.  He's top 30 in 8 cat which means $30 in auctions, but he isn't going that high.  25/5/5 with 2 threes, 1 steal on 47/83 shooting.  You can't really hope for better for this type of player.  The only downside is 3.5 TO, which is negated by 8 cat, or punting TO.  Still has a little room for upside as well.   

On 10/8/2019 at 8:31 PM, rabaak said:

His game has improved quite a bit, having drafting him last year and watching him.

He actually goes to the basket a lot more now, and has really improved his 3-point shooting.

If you can snag him around Pick 50 or higher, I realllly like him this year.

There's a little injury concern, but overall, I think he's a great pick and will be a lock for 20 PPG / 4 REB / 3 AST

2 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

His game has improved quite a bit, having drafting him last year and watching him.

He actually goes to the basket a lot more now, and has really improved his 3-point shooting.

There's a little injury concern, but overall, I think he's a great pick and will be a lock for 20 PPG / 4 REB / 3 AST

He's a lock for 25/5/5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Those numbers would be a dissapointment and drop from last year 

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Those numbers would be a dissapointment and drop from last year 

3 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

He's a lock for 25/5/5.

Let's not forget that Carter Jr. will be back healthy, as well as Otto Porter, as well as Markkanen, and Thad Young..

I think maybeeee, the 5/5 might be a lock, but not the 25 PPG. 

16 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Let's not forget that Carter Jr. will be back healthy, as well as Otto Porter, as well as Markkanen, and Thad Young..

I think maybeeee, the 5/5 might be a lock, but not the 25 PPG. 

Apart from Lauri those guys you mentioned aren’t night volume scorers. 25 should be very attainable. 

Just now, Pirate said:

Apart from Lauri those guys you mentioned aren’t night volume scorers. 25 should be very attainable. 

Agree that it is attainable, but i believe he'll probably be around 22-23 PPG again with all those people there.

We'll see what happens :D

6 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Agree that it is attainable, but i believe he'll probably be around 22-23 PPG again with all those people there.

We'll see what happens :D

I can see where your coming from and think it’s possible he doesn’t reach 25. Floor for me would be 23 n ceiling 27. I highly doubt he scores under 23. 

2 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

100% agree.  I will admit before last year I was not that big of a fan of his.  But he really improved his game, particularly getting to the line more.  I am definitely a believer that he will be an all-star this year especially since he is in the East and because the Bulls are going to surprise people too.  I think this will be his true breakout year.

It feels to me that you are trying to convince yourself that you did well by picking him lol. Don't worry, he should be good

12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

It feels to me that you are trying to convince yourself that you did well by picking him lol. Don't worry, he should be good

Haha. I haven’t even drafted yet. My draft is this week.

But if I am able to get him, I will feel good about it.

Yeah, he's one of the reasons I usually pass on Booker in the 3rd round and look for Lavine in the 5th or so.  Similar stats, if you're willing to give up a few of the popcorn ones.

But it shouldn't be understated that health is a primary concern.  Last 3 years, he's AVERAGED 45 games, and a very real reason why he often drops in drafts.  Don't let that deter you from drafting him (I grabbed him, White, Lowry, and AD in a draft, heh), but just be cautious, and to be prepared to free your IL spot for him.

• Like 1