Trench Mob

Zach Lavine 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, MWon said:

I didn't know you could say that here.

Grab Kobe and go out in style.  At least you know that Kobe would've had a better chance of playing than these guys.  God, I miss the days when players had pride and passion in being out there and fighting through injuries.  Nowadays we've got all these divas who just see basketball as a meal ticket.  Too bad they don't know what it's like to miss a few days at an actual 9-6 job and end up getting fired ...

I wouldn't even blame Zach tho, it's just the landscape of the league now and teams prioritizing future over everything else. It's just such a bummer because I loved fantasy hoops so much but it's now just a matter of who's stars have the least amount of random missed games. In the past you could atleast pick the ultra durable guys (like a Kat or a giannis or a Lillard) but now no player is safe from random days off except maybe a really small handful of guys (harden, Tobias, and not many others off the top of my head). I honestly don't know if there's a solution for fantasy (maybe getting rid of playoffs and just doing best regular season record but I doubt people would get on board with that)

• Like 1

Yeah, y'all are right.  Guess I'm more frustrated with the lack of competition in the league and my own fantasy injuries.

I do agree that it's probably incredibly annoying to have such an awful coach and injured/underperforming teammates; Lavine's been a trooper fighting through minor ailments and a terrible situation so I guess I should be more grateful to him for sticking it through at times.

10 hours ago, stay_woke said:

I wouldn't even blame Zach tho, it's just the landscape of the league now and teams prioritizing future over everything else. It's just such a bummer because I loved fantasy hoops so much but it's now just a matter of who's stars have the least amount of random missed games. In the past you could atleast pick the ultra durable guys (like a Kat or a giannis or a Lillard) but now no player is safe from random days off except maybe a really small handful of guys (harden, Tobias, and not many others off the top of my head). I honestly don't know if there's a solution for fantasy (maybe getting rid of playoffs and just doing best regular season record but I doubt people would get on board with that)

Fantasy sports in general should be like that. Just a long regular season with no playoffs. I don't know, I feel like being the best team over a 4 month period should weigh more than being the best team over a 3 week period 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Fantasy sports in general should be like that. Just a long regular season with no playoffs. I don't know, I feel like being the best team over a 4 month period should weigh more than being the best team over a 3 week period 

Not so sure about that. I sure wouldn't want real sports to be like that.

• Like 1

Really hoping its actually one week....guy has been a GEM all season long...Would suck to have to drop for playoffs...

Is this guy playing? What do his owners think?

Thinking hard if I can pickup D Valentine

2 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Is this guy playing? What do his owners think?

Thinking hard if I can pickup D Valentine

Considering he was questionable yesterday, it's a good chance he plays tomorrow. If he's healthy enough, he'll play. He doesn't come across as a p*ssy.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:38 AM, Dominator83 said:

Then teams with easy schedules over that four month period could win it all. I have seen mediocre teams near the top of the regular season rankings get stomped by lower seeds with regularity.  

Playoffs force the cream to rise to the top. 

Posted (edited)

Jinxed again. Out tomorrow.

Edited by Trench Mob

LaVine’s absence has presented more opportunity for Shaq Harrison as well, who has been a great source of stocks out of the PG spot lately. 

He's close though.  I've grabbed Shaq in all my Lavine leagues (3) as a handcuff and at least he'll have tomorrow's game to give some stocks without Lavine.

Looks like Lavine will have 3 games this week.  Hopefully.  :/

And he goes from potentially having 3 remaining games this week to 0, likely.

Geez, I guess "soon" meant "I need sleep".  Damn, why couldn't you rest when you didn't have 4 games on the week?!  Bulls' schedule is the worst remaining, with a 3-3-3 for the playoffs.  Sorta tough to hold him if you need games, since we don't even know what the hell he's talking about by "sometime next week".

very vague and not a very promising quote from mr Zach. im in the second week of my first round playoff, all I can hope is I sneak over the line and have him back for round 2. this year has certainly shown no-one is safe, not even the iron men of the league 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 12:37 PM, Eltoro said:

Then teams with easy schedules over that four month period could win it all. I have seen mediocre teams near the top of the regular season rankings get stomped by lower seeds with regularity.  

Playoffs force the cream to rise to the top. 

Not always true. Like this week I'm in the playoffs and I gotta do battle without:

Lavine- injured

Booker- 2 games

Siakam- 2 games

Wood - 2 games 

So after 4 months of hard dedication and being in 1st wire to wire, all may get thrown in the trash because of one week where I had multiple studs without games. If someone beats me it's not because the cream rose to the top, it's because they had a better schedule. 

Playoffs make more sense in football because every player has the same amount of games (1) per week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

Not always true. Like this week I'm in the playoffs and I gotta do battle without:

Lavine- injured

Booker- 2 games

Siakam- 2 games

Wood - 2 games 

So after 4 months of hard dedication and being in 1st wire to wire, all may get thrown in the trash because of one week where I had multiple studs without games. If someone beats me it's not because the cream rose to the top, it's because they had a better schedule. 

Playoffs make more sense in football because every player has the same amount of games (1) per week. 

Except for Lavine, that is entirely your fault. Not planning for playoff schedules is a total rookie move.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Except for Lavine, that is entirely your fault. Not planning for playoff schedules is a total rookie move.

You gotta get there first. Am I supposed to not draft Devin Booker in the middle of the 2nd round to take a less reliable Kyrie Irving just because his playoff schedule was better? Or not draft Siakam in the 4th round? Those guys were great picks. 

The one year I did nothing but draft for playoff schedules, all 3 guys (Curry, Gasol, Lawson) ended up getting a rest day anyway. So it didn't even matter. A few years back when Mudiay was a hot rookie and looked great in preseason atleast in my points league format, I was close between him and Reggie Jackson. Went with mudiay due to better playoff schedule. Oops. Another year went Brook Lopez over Melo due to playoff schedule. They were about the same thru the RS, and Lopez got a rest day anyway. This year, 5th round, I'm on the fence between Rozier and Sabonis. Figured I needed to balance out my playoff schedule, so went Rozier. Now after last night, that might actually turn out to work out in the end. But this entire RS, that was another oops. 

So every time I've done that it's backfired. Gotta draft the best players. You shouldn't have to draft or not draft guys based on their schedule 4 months later. Injuries and trades happen too. 

Disclaimer:  I only play in points leagues. I'm sure all those aforementioned guys have much different values and outlooks than in category 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Like 2

You gotta get there first. Am I supposed to not draft Devin Booker in the middle of the 2nd round to take a less reliable Kyrie Irving just because his playoff schedule was better? Or not draft Siakam in the 4th round? Those guys were great picks. 

The one year I did nothing but draft for playoff schedules, all 3 guys (Curry, Gasol, Lawson) ended up getting a rest day anyway. So it didn't even matter. A few years back when Mudiay was a hot rookie and looked great in preseason atleast in my points league format, I was close between him and Reggie Jackson. Went with mudiay due to better playoff schedule. Oops. Another year went Brook Lopez over Melo due to playoff schedule. They were about the same thru the RS, and Lopez got a rest day anyway. This year, 5th round, I'm on the fence between Rozier and Sabonis. Figured I needed to balance out my playoff schedule, so went Rozier. Now after last night, that might actually turn out to work out in the end. But this entire RS, that was another oops. 

So every time I've done that it's backfired. Gotta draft the best players. You shouldn't have to draft or not draft guys based on their schedule 4 months later. Injuries and trades happen too. 

Disclaimer:  I only play in points leagues. I'm sure all those aforementioned guys have much different values and outlooks than in category 

Yes, you have to take into account playoff schedules when drafting because the whole point of the game is to look ahead to the playoffs. It's not the only factor but it is a factor. And even if you don't draft for playoff schedule you can always make trades during the season with teams who are just scrambling to get there.  

Not to mention that if you have bad playoff schedules you may have benefited from more games played during the regular season. By the end of this week Chicago will have played 3 more games than the Lakers or Raptors. That's three matchups in which you would have had an edge, and now you have to pay for it. 

No offense but I just see a bunch of excuses. Other players face the exact same decisions as you. Having three main guys with 2-game weeks in the first week of the playoffs is on you, not on the system. 

If you're so upset then why are you even playing H2H then lmao. The luck factor along with the variance is a feature of the game. And it's good for banter between friends. There's a reason why roto exists. 

And eltoro isn't even talking about just drafting for schedule. You can always make trades during the season to get players with better playoffs schedules. 

At the end of the day, everyone who's played fantasy for a long enough time knows that **** HAPPENS.