Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Zach Lavine 2019-2020 Outlook

He had like 2 or 3 duds. The rest have been phenomenal. I don't know what some others are exactly looking for.

I keep making the same mistake drafting him.

1 made free throw in 50 minutes (so far this game, and last game combined)

7 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

i thought this was the year he will be an all-star..but looks like he is not talented enough to be one.

agree, not talented enough to make a leap to another level (more of a solid #3 option in a borderline playoff team)

Man this guy is so mediocre, he will never be an all star. From now on if Rotoworld hypes a guy I'm staying far away.

• Haha 1

Lmao. He's still close to the top 50. Rarely any praise, always negativity with this dude. If you don't want him, just get rid of him.

Pretty sure his ankle is bothering him. His shots were off as well in the last game.

Hopefully, its nothing major.

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Lmao. He's still close to the top 50. Rarely any praise, always negativity with this dude. If you don't want him, just get rid of him.

He's scoring 3 points less than last season while all his other stats have stayed the same. I for one didn't expect a 24 year old to regress when no big time players have been added to his team and he's healthy. It's not unreasonable for people to expect more out of an early mid round pick. He has performed below expectations so far no doubt. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

He's scoring 3 points less than last season while all his other stats have stayed the same. I for one didn't expect a 24 year old to regress when no big time players have been added to his team and he's healthy. It's not unreasonable for people to expect more out of an early mid round pick. He has performed below expectations so far no doubt. 

Agreed.  Slightly disappointed, but I think that's the biggest positive there - if he's healthy, at least we can say that about a player who's biggest hurdle was often just staying on the court.  If he's NOT healthy and the ankle's still bothering him, then he's somewhat vindicated for these few lackluster games against sorta meh opponents.

we thought we were getting a less expensive devin booker..

..so far we’ve gotten a more expensive evan fournier.. only worse 

smh him and markannen both been huge letdowns. time to fire the coach. 

• Like 1

I am wondering if him being told by the organization before the season to get rid of his mid range shots has had an negative effect on him mentally. Maybe he is thinking too much about it and that has contributed to the lack of consistency.

It’s November tho. Still plenty of time for him to start shooting better and to be more consistent. There were a lot of analysts (fantasy and non-fantasy) that believed he could and was going to take the next step this year so we are not alone in that. And I still think he can. So we will see.

The opportunity is there, but the shooting splits are ugly so far this season. Sitting at .409/.803/.356 with low stocks lately. 

Uh-oh. Hopefully Boylen gets fired soon if they keep getting beat down or this lights a fire in Zach so he can be more consistent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eh, reminds me of when the Bulls got trounced so badly last year that some of the players attempted to boycott practice ... Charles Barkley said it best when he suggested that (I'm paraphrasing), "kids these days don't have pride ... if you get beat by 50, you don't deserve to relax or complain."  I'd bet Zach was one of those kids.

Sure, Boylen's an absolute trash coach, and probably even worse than someone like Fizdale.  I think that's pretty much accepted by everyone.  But Zach looks super bored out there, and his shot really isn't falling.  Even those comments sound like he's listless and careless.  Pisses me off (not just because I burned early round picks on him in every league I'm in) because there's guys who have less talent and less athleticism on the bench, like Dunn, who are busting their butts out there.  It's absolutely pathetic that Zach, who was spouting all this "I'm gonna be an All-Star this year" nonsense, gets pulled 3 minutes into the first quarter and is playing more like a role player than a star.  Just incredible how much of an underachiever he is.

• Like 2

He's playing like 2 years ago when he only played 20 something games with even more turnovers this time instead of being good last year. 

Holy crap, monster game. Now fire the coach lol. Or he can trash talk the coach more to have more of these games haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XNW said:

Now fire the coach lol.

Dunn with less PT. Baby steps.

• Haha 1