23_gaby_23

Best Combo Pick after Pick #8

9 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Top 5 should be Harden, Giannis, AD, Curry and Towns (In any order based on what you punt). Anyone else should be after the top 5, Getting KAT at number 8 is a joke.

As I clarified above, I play in counting stats leagues. So it's a little different 

I have 11 in a 12 team 9 cat with DD, would going Drummond and Gobert to start be too much? Or is it better to grab two different positions. 

4 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Yea i probably should've clarified that i play in counting stats leagues, not category. For the last 3-4 years, Harden/westbrook have gone #1 and #2, and they were absolutely the right picks. This year, maybe westbrook falls a couple spots, but it wont be far.

Westbrook wont be a top 10 pick even in points league. He is a mid secound round these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay2491 said:

I have 11 in a 12 team 9 cat with DD, would going Drummond and Gobert to start be too much? Or is it better to grab two different positions. 

I contemplated this at 12 when Drum was still available but ended up going Beal with Vuc (which im happy with )

• Like 1

I've got Drummond and Whiteside (I really hope that he still got it). Rebs and blocks combo (and technical lol).

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Westbrook wont be a top 10 pick even in points league. He is a mid secound round these days.

My points league is on cbssportsline. I just checked the rankings in the mock draft room. They have Westbrook at 4 and KAT at 12. Now that could be based on my leagues settings and scoring, BUT it also has Westbrooks current ADP at 6.25, and KAT at 10

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

My points league is on cbssportsline. I just checked the rankings in the mock draft room. They have Westbrook at 4 and KAT at 12. Now that could be based on my leagues settings and scoring, BUT it also has Westbrooks current ADP at 6.25, and KAT at 10

It just shows how bad CBS has ranked the two. There is no way that KAT should be ranked around the 10-12 range, and Westbrook in the top 6. Just ridiculous.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
zz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

It just shows how bad CBS has ranked the two. There is no way that KAT should be ranked around the 10-12 range, and Westbrook in the top 6. Just ridiculous.

By my leagues scoring system, Westbrook last year averaged 65 fantasy pts per game. KAT averaged 53. That's a big difference. Now I agree that this year that gap comes down a little, but not as much as everybody thinks. I bet Russ still averages 5 more fpts a night 

1 minute ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

For now...

we have LBJ + Drummond

or Drummond + Gobert

Drummond + Jimmy Butler? 

3 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Drummond + Jimmy Butler? 

Honestly, I do not know but I prefer to select two elite players in at least one category like Drummond for Reb & STL for a Center ..instead of 2 all around players..that’s just my point of view..

I think LBJ will be strong this year like he said himself after the Perkins tweet 

4 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Honestly, I do not know but I prefer to select two elite players in at least one category like Drummond for Reb & STL for a Center ..instead of 2 all around players..that’s just my point of view..

I think LBJ will be strong this year like he said himself after the Perkins tweet 

LBJ may say whatever he want, but he wont play as much as Jimmy, thats for sure. With that core you are basicly punting FT% and turnovers.

Jimmy butler is not a punt FT% player, you would be throwing away most of his value. The only thing he helps that build in is STL. I prefer Lebron/Gobert instead of Drummond if the option is there which it will be about 50% of the time based on my mocks this year. The bigger FG/BLK boosts from Gobert become easier to build around when drafting a bunch of guards to get PTS/3/STL for the punt FT build. Plus if Gobert plays all of his playoff games in H2H you will be very tough to beat in FG% and BLK. 

I like beal and jrue pairing. any downside im not seeing? t/o high sure maybe not great ft% for 2 guards. both are going to be usage monsters with track record and upside.

1 hour ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Nobody thinks to Leonard?

If yes...Leonard + ??

I like Leonard.  I think he will play 70 games of top 6 value.  

But if it’s H2H I’d prefer punting FT.  LeBron is similar but better when punting FT.  That opens you up to Drummond who was first overall when punting FT down the stretch.  His stats during the last two months were silly: 17 points/17 boards/4 combined stocks (I’m rounding).  Or even Stifle if Drummond is gone (who I think is much worse than Drummond in per game) and make use of Utah’s schedule. 

But if it’s roto I’d pick Kawhi as early as 6th.  Top 6 in per game, good fit for roto, and you can absorb his missed games. 

• Like 1

I like the Jrue/Beal combo as well. Theres a ton of quality bigs when its time to pick 3rd and 4th round (Collins, JJJ, Capela, etc) or even in the 5th/6th turn ( WCJ, Jval, Bam, Favors, etc) to balance out the team and I think those two are going to be fringe first rounders this year.

I need help/opinion who to Pair Lebron with on a 14 Team?Who is out there realistically i can pair him up with?Btw this is on espn..any suggestions/help/opinion is appreciated thank you

to finish my last post after a couple more mocks I really like the 2 guard pairing. as mentioned above you could very easily get jjj late 3rd and lma early 4th which I find as best case possible front 4. or you could go capela and another guard (russell and go full punt ft and get adams and Harrell ect with ur next 2 picks. or could go zion capela in the 3/4. lots of different routes to take after beal jrue pairing. also depends on other owners builds. you might luck into simmons capela 3/4 if you pick 8-10 and where the punt ft teams are.

Edited by colepenhagen

17 hours ago, boytoy said:

I like the Jrue/Beal combo as well. Theres a ton of quality bigs when its time to pick 3rd and 4th round (Collins, JJJ, Capela, etc) or even in the 5th/6th turn ( WCJ, Jval, Bam, Favors, etc) to balance out the team and I think those two are going to be fringe first rounders this year.

Collins and JJJ are not quality bigs and Capela is long gone by then.

11 hours ago, Snatch said:

Collins and JJJ are not quality bigs and Capela is long gone by then.

Capela is being drafted around mid 3rd to early 4th, even in 14teamers if you luck out and he drops a few picks. Hardly long gone.

And I don’t even know what you meant with your Collins/JJJ statement. 

• Like 3

With a pick after #7,

Which combo do u take with your 2 first pick?

First target:

2 C/PF + 2 PG/SF with your pick #3+4

Embiid + Drummond or Gobert

Lebron + Drummond or Gobert

Ayton + Drummond or Gobert 

2nd Target:

2 PG/SF + 2 PF/C with your pick #3+4

Kyrie + Trae or Jrue or Fox 

Kemba + Trae or Jrue or Fox

Beal + Trae or Jrue or Fox

My brain tell me to go with the first target and specially Lebron + Drummond or Gobert

On 10/8/2019 at 7:24 PM, colepenhagen said:

to finish my last post after a couple more mocks I really like the 2 guard pairing. as mentioned above you could very easily get jjj late 3rd and lma early 4th which I find as best case possible front 4. or you could go capela and another guard (russell and go full punt ft and get adams and Harrell ect with ur next 2 picks. or could go zion capela in the 3/4. lots of different routes to take after beal jrue pairing. also depends on other owners builds. you might luck into simmons capela 3/4 if you pick 8-10 and where the punt ft teams are.

You might have something there. I'll try it out through some mock drafts

2 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

With a pick after #7,

Which combo do u take with your 2 first pick?

First target:

2 C/PF + 2 PG/SF with your pick #3+4

Embiid + Drummond or Gobert

Lebron + Drummond or Gobert

Ayton + Drummond or Gobert 

2nd Target:

2 PG/SF + 2 PF/C with your pick #3+4

Kyrie + Trae or Jrue or Fox 

Kemba + Trae or Jrue or Fox

Beal + Trae or Jrue or Fox

My brain tell me to go with the first target and specially Lebron + Drummond or Gobert

I would not pick Kyrie, Kemba, or Beal with a 7th pick.  Nor would I pick Ayton or Embiid with a 7th pick.  Nor would I pick Fox with my 18th pick.  So of your options that just leaves LeBron plus a punt FT big.  I'd also consider LeBron plus Jrue as Jrue is one of the best punt FT guards (high FG/TO and gets the cats typically scarce in punt FT).

5 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I would not pick Kyrie, Kemba, or Beal with a 7th pick.  Nor would I pick Ayton or Embiid with a 7th pick.  Nor would I pick Fox with my 18th pick.  So of your options that just leaves LeBron plus a punt FT big.  I'd also consider LeBron plus Jrue as Jrue is one of the best punt FT guards (high FG/TO and gets the cats typically scarce in punt FT).

Considering the Pick #7 will be Dame...

After the Pick #7..the best choice will be a combo like LBJ + Drummond or Gobert

Is it not too high for LBJ?

If I have to punt %FT, I will prefer to take Doncic or Trae with my 2nd pick instead of Jrue (I don’t like the combo Jrue-LZBall)

PS: My league is 8 Cat (no TO)