Sign in to follow this  
andy1234

Can only keep 3. WHIR

Hi all, in my league, we can only keep 3 you lose the pick you drafted that player for the upcoming draft. My biggest dilemma is that I can’t keep both AD and Jokic because I don’t have 2 firsts and no one is willing to deal. I’m working on a deal for one of them for either PG or Embiid. Here’s who I got:

AD (1st round)

Jokic (1st)

Siakam (13th)

MRob (undrafted)

JJJ (8th)

OPJ (4th)

Like I said, I’m gonna move AD or Jokic for Embiid or PG. What deal would you rather have and who would your 3rd keeper be?

also might have a deal for Tobias Harris (4th round) for a 6th round pick. Thoughts?

First off, crazy good problem to have... you mustve done well with that lineup last year.

In terms of who to keep as your third out of that list it's hard. I love JJJ, but he's out. So is Porter. How deep is your draft? I like that you could keep Mitch Rob without losing a draft pick, but if the draft isn't that deep, keeping Siakim is a great option too. 

In a vacuum I'd keep AD and Siakim, but there's a lot of moving parts here that would change my mind.

As for the trade, I'd look for a better option than those two, but if they're your only choice, Embid if you keep Siakim and PG if you keep Mitch Rob.

Thanks for the help with mine.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

First off, crazy good problem to have... you mustve done well with that lineup last year.

In terms of who to keep as your third out of that list it's hard. I love JJJ, but he's out. So is Porter. How deep is your draft? I like that you could keep Mitch Rob without losing a draft pick, but if the draft isn't that deep, keeping Siakim is a great option too. 

In a vacuum I'd keep AD and Siakim, but there's a lot of moving parts here that would change my mind.

As for the trade, I'd look for a better option than those two, but if they're your only choice, Embid if you keep Siakim and PG if you keep Mitch Rob.

Thanks for the help with mine.

Don’t mention it! The draft is 13 rounds standard 9-cat H2H

I love JJJ’s ceiling. So much so that I overdrafted him last season lmao. Siakam makes the most sense on paper but I’m a bit scared of how he handles the increased usage and his FG% is bound to dip. But at the cost of a 13th pick, it feels like a no brainer.

As for the trades, it was hard finding someone because most are keeping their 1st round pick so no one is willing to take on another 1st rounder. So I’m looking or 2nd/3rd round draftees that played at a 1st round talent. which would be guys like Embiid or PG. I’m all ears as to potential other targets though.

Phew, that selection is like coming across a batch of original Wild Pitch releases in a vinyl store. I'm leaning towards the Brow, JJJ, and, relative to his drafting position, Pascal.

12 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Phew, that selection is like coming across a batch of original Wild Pitch releases in a vinyl store. I'm leaning towards the Brow, JJJ, and, relative to his drafting position, Pascal.

so you don’t think trading Jokic for Embiid or PG is worth it? Both would take a 2nd round pick to keep.

27 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

so you don’t think trading Jokic for Embiid or PG is worth it? Both would take a 2nd round pick to keep.

I think either one of those would also be solid. Depends on your build but maybe leaning towards PG

I'd take AD M ROB and Pascal tbh. No need to trade as I think the value vs where they drafted will be worth it.

I would go AD and Siakam for sure. Jokic for Embid also makes sense I assume no one left in 2nd round will be as good as Embid and great pairing with AD

Although I do not know what other options would be available for a second, i think that siakam for 13th and Robinson with no pick are values that you can not find in those picks

So I would definitely keep those 2 plus AD 

Keep AD and then Siakam

Assuming you keep those two trade for Embiid (good pairing with the above two).

Hard to give up Robinson though - but to get Embiid locked in, it is likely worth it, depending who else hits the 2nd Round and where you would pick in the 2nd round.

Thoughts: