tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 6

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 6

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 6 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

This and mainly because David Johnson has a hurt back. I saw a tweet saying he that he felt uncomfortable sitting at the post game conference. All DJ owners should get him

https://twitter.com/joshweinfuss/status/1181163725631492097?s=20

Man that doesn't look good at all.  WW pickup of the week for DJ and non DJ owners?

• Like 1

Hayden Hurst for desperate OJ Howard owners that miss Gerald Everett.  Hurst is TE2 for the raven 12 for 127 yards 1 TD on the year.  It will take OJ Howard 3 more games to get that many points. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Hayden Hurst for desperate OJ Howard owners that miss Gerald Everett.  Hurst is TE2 for the raven 12 for 127 yards 1 TD on the year.  It will take OJ Howard 3 more games to get that many points. 

::subscribe::

... factor in Andrews lingering foot issue, and ... well, we may have sumpin' here 👍

Sneaky pickup for those who play in Yahoo and have Waller (bye next week) as their only TE. Ricky Seal-Jones is currently a free pick-up until the start of tonight’s game, assuming you have someone on your bench that can be dropped. RSJ has taken over for Njoku as Cleveland’s starting TE. Currently only 4% owned.

Darius Slayton for those in deeper leagues who missed on golden. Looks like Shepard back in concussion protocol. His second this year. not good. Slayton has flashed a good connection with dimes

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

Darius Slayton for those in deeper leagues who missed on golden. Looks like Shepard back in concussion protocol. His second this year. not good. Slayton has flashed a good connection with dimes

was just coming to post slaytons name as well 

I mentioned this about Malcolm Brown before Thursday's game but the leagues I'm in allow players who haven't played yet in the Monday game to be picked up before the game, their stats count for the same week if you start them and you can cut players that have already played.  Dontrell Hilliard of Cleveland and Raheem Mostert of the 49ers are 2 backup rb speculative adds if your league works the same way.  If Nick Chubb or Matt Breida get injured, you might have something.  Pick em up before the game and then just drop them back to waivers if they don't do anything, tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I mentioned this about Malcolm Brown before Thursday's game but the leagues I'm in allow players who haven't played yet in the Monday game to be picked up before the game, their stats count for the same week if you start them and you can cut players that have already played.  Dontrell Hilliard of Cleveland and Raheem Mostert of the 49ers are 2 backup rb speculative adds if your league works the same way.  If Nick Chubb or Matt Breida get injured, you might have something.  Pick em up before the game and then just drop them back to waivers if they don't do anything, tomorrow.

Awesome looking out, added Hillard. I do this every Thursday night game and london game at 8:30, if it works just one time it was worth it. 

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Awesome looking out, added Hillard. I do this every Thursday night game and london game at 8:30, if it works just one time it was worth it. 

Yeah, some people call it cheating but who cares what they say.  lol.  Sometimes you have to pull out all the stops to win in fantasy football.  Use all the loopholes.

• Like 1

Hunter Henry if he hasn’t been held or scooped just yet. He’s looking close to a return.

Preston Williams probably dropped with the bye in most leagues. Safe floor with tons of upside.

Ito Smith- could do worse as a bye week filler or emergency flex. Has stand alone value already with lots of upside should freeman go down 

Gallup , he could be on your waivers. Burn your #1 or put in high FAAB for him !

If you are really desperate, Jon Hilliman can put up 6-7 points vs NE. They have nobody else at RB.

• Like 1

Darius Slayton?

I know they facing NE but somebody has to make some yards on this team right?

Benny Snells Like Teen Spirit

feeling ballsy? Samuels out at least a month - Conner been shown to get a wee hobbled evry now n' then. 

meh, worth keepin an eye on. 

though i would think that with Stillers bye coming up they'll hit the street for some relief. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

as to the above, which i can't edit for some reason ...

Joe Rutter (@tribjoerutter) Tweeted: Tomlin expects Benny Snell to get more "exposure" at running back in wake of Jaylen Samuels injury. Lauds Snell for the work done on special teams so far.

Auden Tate could be a decent flex this week vs porous Baltimore defense.

3 hours ago, dorwell said:

Darius Slayton?

I know they facing NE but somebody has to make some yards on this team right?

The big thing here is i think Shepherd might be out multiple weeks because this isnt his first concussion this year and also they play vs ARI next game and then @DET

Another possible TE flyer if you're desperate - Geoff Swaim for Jax. Should be starting now with O'Shaughnessy tearing his ACL. They've got 35 targets on the year between them, so Swaim should see some more.

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as to the above, which i can't edit for some reason ...

Joe Rutter (@tribjoerutter) Tweeted: Tomlin expects Benny Snell to get more "exposure" at running back in wake of Jaylen Samuels injury. Lauds Snell for the work done on special teams so far.

coach speak?

• Like 1

Just now, herschel said:

coach speak?

perhaps, but he's the only game in town atm, behind a starter who has been nicked quite a bit since his hot start last year.

3 minutes ago, Deke said:

Another possible TE flyer if you're desperate - Geoff Swaim for Jax. Should be starting now with O'Shaughnessy tearing his ACL. They've got 35 targets on the year between them, so Swaim should see some more.

there's also the Sprinkle kid from the Washington Indigenous Peoples ... not for the faint of heart, for sure - but he draws Miami this week 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, herschel said:

coach speak?

100%. What's he gonna say, that he's not an NFL caliber RB but we're so desperate we have no choice? Conner will get 90% of the work now.