tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 6

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 6

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 6 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This is a really deep cut but Mark Walton is one heartbeat away from lead back duties for the tanking Dolphins. The value of that role is, of course,  debatable. There's been discussion here of Drake being traded...

• Like 3

I have Danny Dimes and Baker Mayfield.... starting to think Cam Newton is a good pick up......

Edited by jeremyt7
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Look who you are playing against, if their only TE is on a bye (Waller, Doyle), go and dump some FAB on Everett or even Henry if he's available. Might win you the week. At worst, it could put you in a great position for a trade even before Sunday.

Great advice. I have a few teams in my league with TEs on byes, or just terrible TEs in general. No way I was letting them get Everett for a free agent dollar or two. Could the last two weeks have been a fluke? Sure. But I didn't wanna risk it. 

2 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

I have Danny Dimes and Baker Mayfield.... starting to think Cam Newton is a good pick up......

Cam should be ready after bye week

• Like 1

Niners possibly a freebie right now as some might shy away with the rams matchup on tap.

They look legit, have a beastly line and as another poster pointed out have a very favorable schedule after this week. I’d even say they should be a safe play this week with how they get to the qb and the rams line not being as good as years past 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Niners possibly a freebie right now as some might shy away with the rams matchup on tap.

They look legit, have a beastly line and as another poster pointed out have a very favorable schedule after this week. I’d even say they should be a safe play this week with how they get to the qb and the rams line not being as good as years past 

Picked them up last week. I'm going to ride them out because they do look legit and no bye to worry about now. Regardless of the points they may give up they will still get sacks and takeaways. Their special teams looks pretty legit too. People need to get in on this D/ST before it is too late.

• Like 2

For deeper leagues where it may be common practice to roster two defenses (thus greatly limiting waiver options) 49ers defense could prove to be an incredibly valuable waiver pickup.

I rarely ever use claims on defenses unless I’m desperate toward the end of the year, but already got a claim in on San Fran in the one league they were available. I really think they could finish as a top 8-10 defense.

My only other claim this week is for Chase Edmonds in one of my DJ leagues.

Also considering stashing Minshew or Cousins as a QB3, but only if they clear waivers and fall into free agency.

I'm enjoying all the defense discussion, but per the pinned note, the mods want all of that to occur in the team defense thread here

I posted how I think Steelers is a great defense add.  They are however on bye next week 7.  But get the Dolphins in a juicy match-up week 8.  If you wait until after week 7, surely somebody will go after them during that week's waiver run.  There also is the possibility that a forward thinking owner would roster in week 7 to avoid having to deal with waivers.  So beat them to the punch by getting rid of some dumpster fire and pick them up now. 

Preston Williams and Devante Parker haven't been mentioned much.  Wondering if they're worth the trouble.  Playing against Skins.  This might be their best shot to make some noise this year.  Only question is whether you'd ever feel comfortable starting them again for the rest of the season.

Byron Pringle is intriguing.  Hill does look like he's coming back though.  But maybe Watkins with the hamstring does what Sammy does best and sits out a while?   Still would be competing for looks with Hill, Robinson, Hardman, and Damien Williams though.

2 hours ago, JDE said:

For deeper leagues where it may be common practice to roster two defenses (thus greatly limiting waiver options) 49ers defense could prove to be an incredibly valuable waiver pickup.

I rarely ever use claims on defenses unless I’m desperate toward the end of the year, but already got a claim in on San Fran in the one league they were available. I really think they could finish as a top 8-10 defense.

Also considering stashing Minshew or Cousins as a QB3, but only if they clear waivers and fall into free agency.

Dropped quite a bit of faab for them...considering they are startable for the forseeable future...they are legit difference makers / last year bear's lite

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JDE said:

I’ll do you one further on San Fran and predict they finish as a top 3 fantasy defense, that should be rostered in all leagues. They have the best pass rush in the league imo so even if they give up points, they are still a great bet for sacks, ints, forced fumbles, and TDs. They haven’t even been giving up many points either, albeit to weaker opponents. They have given up 11 to TB, 17 to Cincy (final TD was a fluke 66 yarder with 30 seconds left when they were up 31), 20 to Pitt, and 3 to Cleveland. A floor of 7 points with a ceiling of 25-30 is exactly what you want in a defense. I also love that they are great at running the ball and are committed to being run heavy. They will be controlling time of possession and limiting the number of opportunities that opposing offenses have. Bye week being over with is one more reason I’m big on them. 

Edited by mattman444
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, collucho said:

I'd steer clear of Dallas. With Sammy D back, I can see NYJ rebounding at home after a dreadful start.

Unless Sammy D brings a new O-Line with him DAL is going to have a good game. 

Will they be AS GOOD?....no

40 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I didn't even say that bro lmao. Never said Sammy D in my life! 

4 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

I'd steer clear of Dallas. With Sammy D back, I can see NYJ rebounding at home after a dreadful start.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Plug and play of the week. Darius Slayton get some Thursday night garbage action

You'd have to be pretty desperate to play ANY Giants

If someone got tired of stashing Malcom Brown, snag him now. 

Gurley DNP thigh bruise. Played last Thursday and still DNP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

Something tells me Malcom Brown's time is coming real soon.   

• Like 1

Oh snap! 

I find this article kind of interesting with McVeighs comment on the RB and Darrell Henderson and the comment the injury caught McVeigh off guard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064033/article/rams-rb-todd-gurley-daytoday-with-thigh-contusion%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dla%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dncw%3Bplyr%3Daqib_talib%3Bplyr%3Dwilliam_matthews%3Bplyr%3Dbryce_hager&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Plug and play of the week. Darius Slayton get some Thursday night garbage action

I like Slayton but the Pats D have give up two TD's all year, both rushing but I do like his chances after this week.

Deep, Deep leagues

The return of Darrell Henderson..

" There’s going to be a time that we’re going to rely on Darrell Henderson, it might end up being this week."

• Like 1