mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Nuggets franchise has to know that the only shot they have to become true contenders vs the pretenders they are now is for MPJ to develop. Would make no sense to me for them to relegate him back to a reserve role once the team is healthy knowing damn well they’re destined for a 1st-2nd round exit 

• Like 1

Another double double. 3 in his last 4 games. Amazing.

He's getting good FT numbers. Hit 14 of the last 16, and  11 of the last 11 he took. He started the season poorly on FT.

Not very concerned about the poor fg% this game, he usually hits ~50%. But the 15 shots is a good sign, in my opinion. His career high in FGA.

His rebounding is out of this world. And he continues to hit 3 pointers, averaging 2.4 in his last 5 games.

What a player, what a talent

8 hours ago, samer42 said:

Nuggets franchise has to know that the only shot they have to become true contenders vs the pretenders they are now is for MPJ to develop. Would make no sense to me for them to relegate him back to a reserve role once the team is healthy knowing damn well they’re destined for a 1st-2nd round exit 

I think they’ll ‘Spurs’ it like Kawhi. His minutes will be in the 20~ range when folks are healthy. But in the playoffs, they slowly ramp it up. He helps them wins the title and becomes Finals MVP. I mean, that’s going to happen, right?

Just now, Apollo_87 said:

I think they’ll ‘Spurs’ it like Kawhi. His minutes will be in the 20~ range when folks are healthy. But in the playoffs, they slowly ramp it up. He helps them wins the title and becomes Finals MVP. I mean, that’s going to happen, right?

Maybe in the next year or 2. This season is the Battle of LA. It's already pre-determined. 

He was just dropped in my league. Is there too much concern around his health to stay away from burning a waiver on him?

38 minutes ago, reverb said:

He was just dropped in my league. Is there too much concern around his health to stay away from burning a waiver on him?

Watch highlights. The kid is a special kind of talent. I wouldn’t worry much about his health. The only thing that stops him from becoming a force is opportunity.

With each passing day he seems to get more minutes & plays well.

Take the risk, it might pay off plentiful. He’s a great guy to have towards the end of your bench.

• Like 1

His number looks good.  However he is not even on basketballmonster.com.  How is he ranked?

10 minutes ago, NashNoTrash said:

His number looks good.  However he is not even on basketballmonster.com.  How is he ranked?

based on yahoo, last 30 days, 14 GP, top 75. 12/6/1 with 1.4 3pt, FG 57%(!) which is not gonna sustain. The bad news is Grant is playing so well. Just ride MPJ until Millsap returns. 

5 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

based on yahoo, last 30 days, 14 GP, top 75. 12/6/1 with 1.4 3pt, FG 57%(!) which is not gonna sustain. The bad news is Grant is playing so well. Just ride MPJ until Millsap returns. 

Yea I think I can ride him for next week for all 4 games *prayer*

On 1/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, reverb said:

What a weird time to drop him. He's in the middle of a great stretch. Only concern is the low minutes. I understand that Denver's deep, but he's way better than guys like Craig, Morris, Beasley. He should be logging more minutes than those guys every night 

Edited by Dominator83

No reason to drop him so far. Lets wait to see when everybody is healthy, but i doubt he will be back to his numbers of the start of the season

10 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

What a weird time to drop him. He's in the middle of a great stretch. Only concern is the low minutes. I understand that Denver's deep, but he's way better than guys like Craig, Morris, Beasley. He should be logging more minutes than those guys every night 

Yeah I thought it was strange when I saw he was on the wire. But, the owner had to drop MPJ to activate Zion.

15 hours ago, NashNoTrash said:

BBmonster has him #21 in past 2 weeks.

Over the whole season so far he is way way down, he had multiple games with single digit minutes, that affects his ranks.

7 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Anyone watch the game? Stocks were nice, but this dude has spoiled me now.

Mike Malone needs to quit playing pocket pool and play this man more. 

8 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Anyone watch the game? Stocks were nice, but this dude has spoiled me now.

Seems like Jerami Grant is getting most of the minutes which is capping MPJs productivity.

Grant has been balling though so can’t fault Malone there.

He didnt play well yesterday, but so did the entire Nuggets team apart from Joker. Memphis dominated.

Even so, he got 3 steals and 2 triples, which is nice.

Damn, I can't tell who's going to stay relevant once Denver's frontcourt is back and fully healthy. Lines like this from MPJ make me want to drop Grant and grab MPJ off waivers, but they're both playing extremely well until Millsap and Plumlee come back into the rotation...who do you guys see keeping value ROS? 

What a rebounder. 

And very good line last night, 12/12/2/1/1/2. Thats nice to see.

He returned to the bench without a limp and had the ankle taped up. He didn’t need to sub back into the game so it’s unknown if he would have been able to play or not.

• Like 1