mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Hes getting annoying to own. I feel like dropping him for melton of course depending how melton does tonight.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Hes getting annoying to own. I feel like dropping him for melton of course depending how melton does tonight.

Well Melton is trash so I wouldn’t be hasty to make that move

51 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Well Melton is trash so I wouldn’t be hasty to make that move

Nope with all the hype i tuned into the game. Not getting him at all.

i have barton but i kinda prefer MPJ more even though he's not starting and playing 25 mins. some crazy numbers and efficiency with reb's

Anyone holding through the All-Star break? I wonder how this kid will play after all the roster changes. What does everyone think his ROS outlook will be?

Just now, NoahsArc said:

Anyone holding through the All-Star break? I wonder how this kid will play after all the roster changes. What does everyone think his ROS outlook will be?

im def holding ... as long as he can stay healthy, I think the kid is going to be a stud the rest of the way. Solid Double-double with stocks sprinkled in. High FG%

lots to like here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

Solid Double-double with stocks sprinkled in. 

I love it when he splashes us with some of those sprinkles. #moresplashes #sprinkleme

• Haha 1

Been incredibly consistent in that 6th man role. It'd be foolish to drop him. His minutes may reduce to 20-22 when Millsap returns, but still a solid end of bench guy ROS. Basically he's good in every cat in ROTO sans assists. I'm holding here. 

Seems will out through allstar break

He's not going to play before AS break is he...

I'm worried about his production post ASB.  He's a franchise piece for Denver yadda yadda yadda but the fact is he's 3rd in line behind Millsap and Grant and since Denver are in win-now mode Denver have little incentive to forcefeed mins to MPJ in the 2nd half of the season.  I'm really skeptical of MPJ consistently getting enough mins and shots to be rosterable in most leagues as long as Denver are back to full health.

7 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

fact is he's 3rd in line behind Millsap and Grant and since Denver are in win-now mode Denver have little incentive to forcefeed mins to MPJ in the 2nd half of the season. 

IMO this is the exact reason why he should play! Coach Malone knows what this kid offers and MPJ is what's going to put that team over that hump! 

Really not optimistic about his outlook with Milsap back and J Grant playing so well. The duo takes bulk of the time at the PF spot and Grant can even rotate to SF from time to time. We do have IL spots but I need to think ahead about the playoff lineup. 

Anyone share the same thought?

This is like Larry Nance situation in Cavs. It may take an injury for him to have 12-team value. Sadly, fantasy losers. 

• Like 1

Just lost P. George. Not sure of MPJ role after the ASB, even if he is ready to play. So I dropped for J. Henangomez who should have a guaranteed role and minutes until KAT returns.

I wanted to see how this kid is used with everybody healthy. But we have no IR and I could not field a team.

I'm keeping faith from the encouraging statements the coach made earlier in the year saying he's the future of the team and they're excited to use him (I'm paraphrasing here). 

Talent wise he looks like the 2nd best player on the team. He's missed so much time that they need him to play him so he can develop into the star that everyone knows he is.

They needed his scoring and he did a lot of damage when Murray was out.  But with everyone back I think he still has value as someone who can carry the offense on the 2nd unit and carve out some value ROS in about 20 min / night or so...esp considering his sky high rebounding rate and ability to chip in stocks and 3's...

• Like 1

Just got him off of waivers in a 16-team league...burned my No. 1 waiver on him though.

Praying for the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Just got him off of waivers in a 16-team league...burned my No. 1 waiver on him though.

Praying for the best.

Nice work. That’s a fantastic pull in most leagues, 16 teamer makes it even better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Praying for the best.

Keeper league?

So what’s his ROS outlook after the break? Is he a possible difference maker or JAG?