mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Huk said:

So, he got 13min (his 2nd highest in the year) in a really tough game, @76ers.

Any reason to get excited? 

Because i am (have him in a dynasty)

 

beasley is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Whispers of him getting traded.

even if/when Beasley is traded, how many minutes will MPJ get with Juancho also needing minutes and Barton/Harris/Grant playing well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Huk said:

So, he got 13min (his 2nd highest in the year) in a really tough game, @76ers.

Any reason to get excited? 

Because i am (have him in a dynasty)

 

40 minutes ago, chaiway said:

even if/when Beasley is traded, how many minutes will MPJ get with Juancho also needing minutes and Barton/Harris/Grant playing well?

 

I highly doubt he'll be relevant this year.  Probably 2-3 years away but you never know.  One Barton injury + Beasley trade (or at minimum he won't be re-signed), and he can get maybe 20 min / night.  Seems like they're gonna just take it slow with him no matter what.  Long term I can see him averaging 1+ block / game...its the passing / decision making / 3 point shooting that will determine his offensive ceiling...right now he likes the long / mid range 2...but i do like that it seems he can get his shot off with ease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

 

I highly doubt he'll be relevant this year.  Probably 2-3 years away but you never know.  One Barton injury + Beasley trade (or at minimum he won't be re-signed), and he can get maybe 20 min / night.  Seems like they're gonna just take it slow with him no matter what.  Long term I can see him averaging 1+ block / game...its the passing / decision making / 3 point shooting that will determine his offensive ceiling...right now he likes the long / mid range 2...but i do like that it seems he can get his shot off with ease

Agreed on all points. There's a lot of guys in front of him so there prob won't be crazy minutes for him this year, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. He looked pretty athletic and fluid yesterday- the potential is very visibly there. Plus the Nugs invested the 14th pick on him even though they knew his back was messed up. If injuries/trades open up any opportunities, I think they'll give him a shot over guys like Grant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Agreed on all points. There's a lot of guys in front of him so there prob won't be crazy minutes for him this year, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. He looked pretty athletic and fluid yesterday- the potential is very visibly there. Plus the Nugs invested the 14th pick on him even though they knew his back was messed up. If injuries/trades open up any opportunities, I think they'll give him a shot over guys like Grant.

 

The thing with Grant is that he's just a better NBA player at this point and Denver is still trying to win a championship this year, etc.  Idk how he's been shooting this year but he's shown to have an elite skill as a corner 3 specialist who can also create vertical spacing and block shots / protect the rim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast and 1 blk in 9 minutes. Imagine him with 25+mins every night next year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

in all seriousness, what needs to happen THIS year in order for him to slide into a 25+ minute role? 

Needs to start in place of Millsap, or Barton or Gary for whatever reasons...idk....prob takes an injury but no one wants to see that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

in all seriousness, what needs to happen THIS year in order for him to slide into a 25+ minute role? 

A trade to a rebuilding team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Huk said:

9 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast and 1 blk in 9 minutes. Imagine him with 25+mins every night next year...

 

 

This is obviously not sustainable over a whole game... but if he would get traded to a rebuilding team he might have some value this year. Otherwise I can't see it happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

in all seriousness, what needs to happen THIS year in order for him to slide into a 25+ minute role? 


The most likely path to minutes would be a Malik Beasley trade followed by the inevitable Gary Harris injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gooseball said:

This guy is oozing with potential along those like Wood, Wagner, A Holiday, etc. He is a stash in deep leagues already.

His real life basketball potential is way higher than all of those guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

His real life basketball potential is way higher than all of those guys. 

Sounds exciting! Please elaborate how his potential is higher. For his scoring ability? Wood would be as good as anyone imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Sounds exciting! Please elaborate how his potential is higher. For his scoring ability? Wood would be as good as anyone imo.

MPJ is a 6'10 wing that is very well rounded offensively and defensively - players like him are the most valuable in the league. If he didnt have his injury problems in college he probably would have been the #1 pick. He has all star level potential, the other guys dont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Sounds exciting! Please elaborate how his potential is higher. For his scoring ability? Wood would be as good as anyone imo.

I’m like 99% sure he was the #1 recruit coming out of high school. Dude has a monster ceiling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, people forget quickly how good he could have been without that injury.  Denver IMO made a great pick with him and bringing him along slowly.  He'll grow in to a winning player playing in a winning culture.  If they're lucky, he'll be the one to take the over their really good team hump!  He should improve second half, and also for sure next year.  Is he a real SF or PF though?  Gary Harris has his limits, and has clearly been outplayed by Barton.  I'd want to see a lineup of Murray, Barton, MPJ, Millsap, and Dokic.  G Harris, Grant, Morris and gang should be a real solid bench too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haven't been following much. Why the sudden uptick in minutes?

edit: just checked, Harris injury.

 

always been a fan of his game, hopefully they carve out some meaningful minutes for him

Edited by doomz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.