mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

Scratch everything negative that was said, don't think, time for a pickup and see where this goes!

Oh boy....he's got the Wizards and Hawks to showcase himself...maybe that gets pushed to 27-28 in a couple games lol.

I missed out on guys like Holmes, please lets this be my gem....

Fuuuuuu***

We have a waiver bid system and I have $0 left after picking up Devonte and Bertans.

Someone will definitely take him. GAHDAYUM. He’s gonna crush it man!

Been on my watch list all year, then he gets grabbed by another guy in my league after his last game and now I'm sick #coolstory 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

f--- it. I'm 1st in my league. Gonna pick him up rn. I got nothing to lose.

I m 1st to,and drop Noel for fan))

18 hours ago, JP_Grizzly said:

Take McRae bud. Team is a mess. Beal is in risk of load management. He’ll have more chances than MPJ.

I think taking McRae over MPJ may end up being like a Nunn over DeVonte scenario earlier this season.

Lol man, imagine saying you'll get 25 minutes, and breaking your promise in the first game, I imagine because of the 3 TO's lol....thanks Malone.

• Haha 2

Feels like MPJ will only be a luxury player on this Nuggets team for this year. He'll show flashes but man, this team is just too deep for him to blossom any time soon.

It was a back to back for a young kid recovering from back issues. Everyone take a deep breathe. See what happens next game and then react. 

After last night I think this may just be the western conference version of Tyler Herro--a rookie who everyone knows is a stud and future star, who teases us with the occasional outburst, but ultimately is stuck fighting for minutes/touches on a deep playoff team.

The recipe is usually so simple, and it applies here - 

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a good team trying to win with vets in front of them = not good for fantasy (MPJ, Lonnie, I know, pseudo-rookies)

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a bad team not trying to win = great for fantasy  (PJ, Rui, Garland, Kevin Porter, etc...not that they're great options but you get the point)

12 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

The recipe is usually so simple, and it applies here - 

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a good team trying to win with vets in front of them = not good for fantasy (MPJ, Lonnie, I know, pseudo-rookies)

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a bad team not trying to win = great for fantasy  (PJ, Rui, Garland, Kevin Porter, etc...not that they're great options but you get the point)

The difference here is MPJ was with this group last season learning so while technically he’s a rookie he’s more advanced than those players. His value will show once he’s a full time starter but unfortunately won’t be this season 

Posted (edited)

That tweet was fake news, Malone didn't say that after all.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

That tweet was fake news, Malone didn't say that after all.

Thanks for clarifying - this news should make more drops from teams. However, I’m still holding strong for things to happen 😎

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gooseball said:

Thanks for clarifying - this news should make more drops from teams. However, I’m still holding strong for things to happen 😎

I’m holding as well. Even though I may loose this week if I do - could use his spot as another stream tonight, but the loss of one category doesn’t equal his potential going forward. 

Edit to add: cool story bro.

Edited by Ray Barboni

Why did I fall for this joke of a player. Cant trust denver rotations. Over hyped....easy drop

• Like 1

20mins yesterday is a good thing. Just dont know why he had only 3 fga...

2 blocks were nice tho

3 hours ago, Huk said:

20mins yesterday is a good thing. Just dont know why he had only 3 fga...

2 blocks were nice tho

Because it's the nuggets. They are hella deep 

Watching the game was a painful reminder that it'll take more time before MPJ becomes consistently relevant in fantasy. Malone often goes with the hot hand and the Nuggets are very deep. There were very few, if any, designed plays for MPJ last night, which is why the FGAs were so low. Usage will be a problem unless he gets hot early and others are cold.