Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing to happen to this guy is not get drafted by the Knicks. Knicks have no clue how to develop young players. The careers of Knox, Ntilikina, MitchRob and now Barrett will just head st

Yes, that is called getting way ahead of yourself. If Porter did that he would be a top 5 pick. 

He wast must add a week ago. Don't walk, don't run, TELEPORT

Posted Images

The recipe is usually so simple, and it applies here - 

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a good team trying to win with vets in front of them = not good for fantasy (MPJ, Lonnie, I know, pseudo-rookies)

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a bad team not trying to win = great for fantasy  (PJ, Rui, Garland, Kevin Porter, etc...not that they're great options but you get the point)

12 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

The recipe is usually so simple, and it applies here - 

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a good team trying to win with vets in front of them = not good for fantasy (MPJ, Lonnie, I know, pseudo-rookies)

Rookies who are talented but still suck in many ways, playing on a bad team not trying to win = great for fantasy  (PJ, Rui, Garland, Kevin Porter, etc...not that they're great options but you get the point)

The difference here is MPJ was with this group last season learning so while technically he’s a rookie he’s more advanced than those players. His value will show once he’s a full time starter but unfortunately won’t be this season 

2 hours ago, gooseball said:

Thanks for clarifying - this news should make more drops from teams. However, I’m still holding strong for things to happen 😎

I’m holding as well. Even though I may loose this week if I do - could use his spot as another stream tonight, but the loss of one category doesn’t equal his potential going forward. 

Edit to add: cool story bro.

Edited by Ray Barboni

Watching the game was a painful reminder that it'll take more time before MPJ becomes consistently relevant in fantasy. Malone often goes with the hot hand and the Nuggets are very deep. There were very few, if any, designed plays for MPJ last night, which is why the FGAs were so low. Usage will be a problem unless he gets hot early and others are cold.