mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Either getting a ticket here again or time for the Unikornet Express. Choices, man. Who does the Blue Arrow injury help most?

Morris or dozier. Not porter jr. honestly though Jokic will probably take over full time point guard responsibility I imagine. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Morris or dozier. Not porter jr. honestly though Jokic will probably take over full time point guard responsibility I imagine. 

Gary Harris is out as well , that should definitely help our boy out . But for how long.. is anyone's guess . He's been dealing with minor injuries left and right , so maybe they play it safe this time around. 

34 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

This kid needs to be starting 

gary harris is still out, hopefully malone will start him this time. he's earned it.

Edited by simon

7 minutes ago, simon said:

gary harris is still out, hopefully malone will start him this time. he's earned it.

if he starts him is he a must own player?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Starting and getting consistent minutes I would say yes 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

for me he is in 10-teams and up. but only until gary harris is back.

1 minute ago, simon said:

for me he is in 10-teams and up. but only until gary harris is back.

I so regret dropping him , but with the Teague news I just had to pickup Culver  . Playing that long game . (better playoff schedule too) . Michael Porter Jr is going to ball out man , atleast in the short term (with Denver banged up) & hopefully that sticks ROS.  Enjoy the ride fellas , it's gonna be sweet . 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

I so regret dropping him , but with the Teague news I just had to pickup Culver  . Playing that long game . (better playoff schedule too) . Michael Porter Jr is going to ball out man , atleast in the short term (with Denver banged up) & hopefully that sticks ROS.  Enjoy the ride fellas , it's gonna be sweet . 

culver's path to minutes is just wide open right now, MPJ is more of a streamer at this point. his potential tho is so immense. def on my radar as a mid-rounder next season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Murray is likely out weeks with an ankle sprain.  We know Morris will start, but more run for MPJ?

4 hours ago, Lob City99 said:

Murray, Harris & Millsap out tonight. More mins for MPJ?

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Possibly but if he f-s up he'll get pulled quick.  BUT...he is an elite offensive pairing with Jokic, and if he gets minutes he can do some popcorn stuff with the reb/stl/blk.  

19 hours ago, Huk said:

If he gets b2b 20+ minutes, i'll be a happy man

Yep, i'm a happy man!

B2B 2 stl, 1blk. Awesome fg%. 5 dimes. 3/3FT. What a night.

And so fun to watch him play.

I'm absolutely in love.

Edited by Huk
  • Like 2

Dude is the Real Deal.  And to think he's doing this pretty much as a rookie out of high school having not played in 2 years (a slight exaggeration).  He's probably moved into a "must start" while Murray is out.  So glad I took a chance and drafted him in a startup dynasty.  He just has to stop being a sieve and not F-up on defense as much, and Malone would play him 30+ min/night.   

• Like 1

not sure why other teams 1-13 couldn't get him. clippers woulda been scary if they grabbed him even though their rotation is full. Would've been on a faster path to stardom on Knicks or Suns.

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

not sure why other teams 1-13 couldn't get him. clippers woulda been scary if they grabbed him even though their rotation is full. Would've been on a faster path to stardom on Knicks or Suns.

From all reports, there were major red flags about his long term health. Or else he would've been a top 5 pick. 

Specifically injured back twice. He came to the draft injured. Otherwise, he was projected top3, might even be 1st. He was avoided in the draft because bad teams that tanked the year before did not want to take a risk of an empty pick. A contenting team like Denver made more sense to take the high risk high reward pick. 

The best thing to happen to this guy is not get drafted by the Knicks.

Knicks have no clue how to develop young players. The careers of Knox, Ntilikina, MitchRob and now Barrett will just head straight to the dump.

MPJ landing on the Nuggets will be good for his long term development.

Red shirt rookie season to get healthy

Slow integration into the system for the 2nd season

He'll be a bona fide breakout candidate next season kinda like Adebayo this year or Siakam last year.

• Like 7

Bad FG%, but still got 10 points, 8 boards and 2 steals. FT trending up, hit 10 out of the last 12, which is nice.

Hope the minutes stays like this.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:08 AM, brosephd said:

Yeah that was stupid. Who’s Jerome Robinson?  End of lottery is when you go for the fences, not to bunt. 

11/10/3 at half after playing 16 minutes, keep doing work young fella 🙌

• Like 1