mightyjett

Michael Porter, Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

15 hours ago, Nomorebulls said:

Next season concern:

Is he worth be drafted around ~60th

I'll be surprised he's available around 60th in competitive leagues. He should smash the top 50. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'll be surprised he's available around 60th in competitive leagues. He should smash the top 50. 

lol not if Harris, Barton, Millsap, Grant and Craig are all still there.

Surprised with his stocks lately, he’s showing his efforts on D.

Damn I'm pissed at myself for dropping him too quickly...

• Like 1

He is really forcing Malone's hand even if his starters return....

In dynasty,will he be starting PF next season?🙄(assume barton still their SF)

5 hours ago, JStyles said:

lol not if Harris, Barton, Millsap, Grant and Craig are all still there.

What does a 2 guard like Harris have to do with MPJ? Millsap is older than dirt, Grant is meh and Craig is a backup. Barton is the only real hurdle at the 3 and I'm sure the Nuggets brass sees what everyone else does, so MPJ will either start at the 3 or more likely the 4.

The faster MPJ gets up the curve, the better the Nuggets' title chances. Just have to make sure he stays healthy. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

What does a 2 guard like Harris have to do with MPJ? Millsap is older than dirt, Grant is meh and Craig is a backup. Barton is the only real hurdle at the 3 and I'm sure the Nuggets brass sees what everyone else does, so MPJ will either start at the 3 or more likely the 4.

The faster MPJ gets up the curve, the better the Nuggets' title chances. Just have to make sure he stays healthy. 

Millsap is a underrated savvy vet.  Yeah he's getting older though.  I wonder if MPJ is strong enough to play PF.  If yes that's optimal since Barton at 3 is best, with Murray and Harris at the guard spots.  Grant is a good player but for a contending team like the nuggets best served as a solid bench big.  MPJ is going to have a big role, and I think this year Millsap still starts in the playoffs, but next year, its the MPJ show. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Millsap is a underrated savvy vet.  Yeah he's getting older though.  I wonder if MPJ is strong enough to play PF.  If yes that's optimal since Barton at 3 is best, with Murray and Harris at the guard spots.  Grant is a good player but for a contending team like the nuggets best served as a solid bench big.  MPJ is going to have a big role, and I think this year Millsap still starts in the playoffs, but next year, its the MPJ show. 

I'm with you. This year he may lead the 2nd unit for ROS, but next year will be the MPJ show indeed.

And boy, he is good crashing the glass, on both ends of the floor. With his wingspan and athleticism, he can really be an elite rebounder at SF.

putting fantasy aside, hes gonna force malone to play him big minutes which he needs to do seriously if Denver wants to enter the race for the title this year...dude is ready to be the main guy next to Jokara, just hope Murray can get with the program

1 hour ago, Huk said:

I'm with you. This year he may lead the 2nd unit for ROS, but next year will be the MPJ show indeed.

And boy, he is good crashing the glass, on both ends of the floor. With his wingspan and athleticism, he can really be an elite rebounder at SF.

Im probably getting ahead of myself with this, but i can imagine mpj producing kd-lite stats next year. 20+pts, elite sf rebounds, 2+ stocks and 2+ treys on efficient shooting.

Yes, that is called getting way ahead of yourself. If Porter did that he would be a top 5 pick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know man. Well mpj was usually compared to kd back when he was high-rank recruit and watching him play now, his offense is really polished and efficient. The only real reach is the 2+stocks but isn’t impossible  with his physical tools.

Of course If I’m wrong with my prediction i will gladly eat my words, but if I’m right, well, you heard it here first.

1 hour ago, simon said:

Im probably getting ahead of myself with this, but i can imagine mpj producing kd-lite stats next year. 20+pts, elite sf rebounds, 2+ stocks and 2+ treys on efficient shooting.

Thats the avrg of his last 4 games.

Apart from points, is pretty much what you expect haha

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-21 at 9.34.31 AM.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Huk said:

Thats the avrg of his last 4 games.

Apart from points, is pretty much what you expect haha

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-21 at 9.34.31 AM.jpeg

So not too far ahead no?

1 hour ago, simon said:

So not too far ahead no?

It's not a lunatic expectation, in my opinion haha but of course it's not an easy one to accomplish either. 

As an MPJ owner In a large keeper format I hope you are right.  Would love to have snagged KD in the middle rounds this year. 

Must add with the Plumlee news? Millsap doesn’t seem near and they may just do a lot of small ball?

22 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Must add with the Plumlee news? Millsap doesn’t seem near and they may just do a lot of small ball?

Malone says he’ll be the first man off the bench rest of way. 24-28 minutes enough for him to have fantasy value. If he keeps this up I can see him steal many nuggets minutes as he can play 3 and 4.