Flamez

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24.  That would mean he is leading the team in scoring or close to it.  He is not going to lead this team in scoring.  They have too many scoring options and he is at the very best the third option in the pecking order with two good veterans in Favors and Redick that I am sure will get their touches.

I honestly have never gotten Ingram's appeal in fantasy once it became known what he is.  Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more.  Doesn't provide steals.  Not a great rebounder.  Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league.  So he scores and...? 

So unless he improves his FT% by a lot (maybe) and improves his stocks substantially (unlikely), I just don't get it.  So many better options to draft, particularly where he had been going the past few years.

Lol

• Haha 2

Honestly, even though I disagreed with him since before the season started, I could see why he thought what he did about the FT%. The part that really gets me is him saying JJ Reddick and Derrick Favors were going to compete with him for touches and he'd be the 3rd option, AT BEST. Only Lord Covington can forgive such a folly 

This guy was on my DND list and I can't say I'm mad, but he sure is going on my target list depending on my draft strategies for next year

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

Lol

Hahaha.  I guess I am going to have to breakdown my preseason comment again:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24 - And?  What is so egregious about this?  I said unlkely based on Holiday (who Griffin called the best player on the team), Zion (still hasn't played, preseason scoring leader for them btw), Favors (solid vet, very important to their team - check their record with and without him), and Redick (solid vet).  Also, Lonzo and Hart.  They have talent so it was not guaranteed prior to the season starting he was going to score more than Zion and Holiday.  Check the preseason stats.

Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more - For three years (and in college), unequivocally a fact.  Not too many guys in the history of this league improve their free throw percentage this drastically.  So again, prior to the season, what is wrong about this?

Doesn't provide steals - Fact then and fact now.  He still really doesn't.

Not a great rebounder - Fact then and fact now.  He improved a little, but still isn't wowing anyone despite his height and length

Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league - For three years (and in college), unequivocally a fact.  He improved on this dramatically.  So I again say, what is so wrong about my preseason take based on three plus years of factual information?

So he scores and...?  - check his ranking for three years.  How many statistics besides scoring did he actually help you in for three years?

The fact was for 3 years he was a horrible fantasy option. There was nothing infactual or insane about saying that, so not sure why this is brought up again like it is so crazy.  It was a fact for three years. 

He improved on his deficiencies more than I and most suspected he would, and enough of the season has gone by (Zion still hasn't come back yet, but I digress) to say I was wrong on that.  No problem.  Most were wrong.  I'll take that hit.  

Btw, its easy to take victory laps on him now.  But how many actually thought he was going to be a top 10 fantasy player?  Or even top 30 or 40?  I would say none because we saw where was he ranked in drafts.  And where was he selected in drafts.  Nowhere near that.  The Pelicans didn't think he was this either.  They didn't even extend him before the season.  So I sleep well at night.  Hahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Hahaha.  I guess I am going to have to breakdown my preseason comment again:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24 - And?  What is so egregious about this?  I said unlkely based on Holiday (who Griffin called the best player on the team), Zion (still hasn't played, preseason scoring leader for them btw), Favors (solid vet, very important to their team - check their record with and without him), and Redick (solid vet).  Also, Lonzo and Hart.  They have talent so it was not guaranteed prior to the season starting he was going to score more than Zion and Holiday.  Check the preseason stats.

Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more - For three years (and in college), unequivocally a fact.  Not too many guys in the history of this league improve their free throw percentage this drastically.  So again, prior to the season, what is wrong about this?

Doesn't provide steals - Fact then and fact now.  He still really doesn't.

Not a great rebounder - Fact then and fact now.  He improved a little, but still isn't wowing anyone despite his height and length

Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league - For three years (and in college), unequivocally a fact.  He improved on this dramatically.  So I again say, what is so wrong about my preseason take based on three plus years of factual information?

So he scores and...?  - check his ranking for three years.  How many statistics besides scoring did he actually help you in for three years?

The fact was for 3 years he was a horrible fantasy option. There was nothing infactual or insane about saying that, so not sure why this is brought up again like it is so crazy.  It was a fact for three years. 

He improved on his deficiencies more than I and most suspected he would, and enough of the season has gone by (Zion still hasn't come back yet, but I digress) to say I was wrong on that.  No problem.  Most were wrong.  I'll take that hit.  

Btw, its easy to take victory laps on him now.  But how many actually thought he was going to be a top 10 fantasy player?  Or even top 30 or 40?  I would say none because we saw where was he ranked in drafts.  And where was he selected in drafts.  Nowhere near that.  The Pelicans didn't think he was this either.  They didn't even extend him before the season.  So I sleep well at night.  Hahahaha.

It was a good prediction, but the trajectory he was on was much more encouraging and led me to believe he was capabale of 22/6/3 on decent shooting. Certainly did not expect 26-7-4 lol. 

It's just the way you wrote everything on that post. Everything ended literally the opposite lol. 

Edited by Travis Burten

13 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

It's just the way you wrote everything on that post. Everything ended literally the opposite lol. 

spacer.png

It’s what happens when someone improves on basically every statistical category like this. Hahaha.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
Typo
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Thank you, some people seem to disagree with me. Glad you’re on the same page as me.

People still continue to be so slow coming around to the fact that this guy is elite. The offense is going to continue running through BI for the foreseeable future. BI and Zion will be a 1-2 punch for years to come as opposed to BI being Zion’s robin like some believe. If anything Zion is more likely to be a clear #2 or #3 guy this season as a rookie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samer42 said:

People still continue to be so slow coming around to the fact that this guy is elite. The offense is going to continue running through BI for the foreseeable future. BI and Zion will be a 1-2 punch for years to come as opposed to BI being Zion’s robin like some believe. If anything Zion is more likely to be a clear #2 or #3 guy this season as a rookie 

if anything, BI can score in a variety of ways, Zion has ways to go so for now, BI is as much of a franchise guy as Zion is to the Pels, his contract is gonna show that this summer

Edited by L3onD

44 minutes ago, L3onD said:

if anything, BI can score in a variety of ways, Zion has ways to go so for now, BI is as much of a franchise guy as Zion is to the Pels, his contract is gonna show that this summer

have to think ingram has shown he is ahead of zion and more valuable than zion. (not taking contract into account.)

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Btw, its easy to take victory laps on him now.  But how many actually thought he was going to be a top 10 fantasy player?  Or even top 30 or 40?  I would say none because we saw where was he ranked in drafts.  And where was he selected in drafts.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:03 PM, LuSamSiam said:

Brandon Ingram top 30

Wrong yet again.

3 hours ago, samer42 said:

As much as this pains my little heart to say.  those two dont seem to have the body types to sustain a "1-2 punch for years to come".

BI looks as brittle as a cigarette ash and Zion has too much gumbo on his frame.  We cant forget that zion is human and throwing that amount of weight around at such force has to be brutal on his infrastructure.

I hope that I am wrong. I hope that i am very wrong. Just like Tekno Team 2000 lmao

8 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Wrong yet again.

spacer.png

Whoa.  Wow.  Ok.  So there was one. 

Just be safe since I definitely don't want to be wrong again - I will say its you and two others that thought he was going to be top 30.  I assume you reached a little in the draft to ensure you had him, right?

• Haha 1

i took eg over you. I took eg over you. I took eg over you. I took eg over. I took FUKIN EG OVER YOU. I wanna cry and die and throw up out of my a**hole. Every game I watch I feel like my heart is gonna drop out of my a**hole. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Flamez said:

i took eg over you. I took eg over you. I took eg over you. I took eg over. I took FUKIN EG OVER YOU. I wanna cry and die and throw up out of my a**hole. Every game I watch I feel like my heart is gonna drop out of my a**hole. 

He had not looked great prior to season and now all of a sudden he turned into Kevin Durant?  No one would have predicted that. I took Taurean Prince over him lol

5 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

He had not looked great prior to season and now all of a sudden he turned into Kevin Durant?  No one would have predicted that. I took Taurean Prince over him lol

He looked great for a long stretch leading up to the blood clot injury that ended his 2018-2019 season and had shown flashes before that. He also just turned 22 a few months ago. It's really not that shocking.

3 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

He looked great for a long stretch leading up to the blood clot injury that ended his 2018-2019 season and had shown flashes before that. He also just turned 22 a few months ago. It's really not that shocking.

It's pretty shocking to me that a career 67% ft shooter can go 86% out of nowhere.  A guy who only made 0.6 threes turn into a 2.5, 40% shooter.  Rebounding better, passing it better.  It's night and day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

It's pretty shocking to me that a career 67% ft shooter can go 86% out of nowhere.  A guy who only made 0.6 threes turn into a 2.5, 40% shooter.  Rebounding better, passing it better.  It's night and day.

Development, new system, new team, lead role 

What will his numbers look like now with Zion back in the mix?

I could see his rbs go down, but maybe his assists rise, thoughts?

1 hour ago, davidhammer said:

im thinking a more efficient wiggins

2 hours ago, davidhammer said:

Better percentages. Rebounds with Zion and Favors will go down, assists with a healthy Ball and Lonzo will go down.

12 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Better percentages. Rebounds with Zion and Favors will go down, assists with a healthy Ball and Lonzo will go down.

Lavar or Lamelo Ball? ;)

Edited by Pumbaa

3 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

Lavar or Lamelo Ball? ;)

Lol I meant to say Jrue and Ball.

• Thanks 1