brickcitymamba

Justise Winslow 2019-2020 Outlook

Heat are crowded. JW killed it with Butler sitting out and have been waiting for 2 months to see what kinda role he has on a full strength Heat. I'll be watching closely. 

Yup, picked him up just now too. Not expecting anything too spectacular, any decent numbers for an end of bench guy will do, anything more is a bonus

Active but out? This is advanced mathematics if I say so myself. I still can't figure out how that's possible. Just list him as OUT then. Complicated injury report. Either that or he's getting traded like Clarkson soon. Nonetheless, Justise will just stay nice and cozy on my IR for now.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Active but out? This is advanced mathematics if I say so myself. I still can't figure out how that's possible. Just list him as OUT then. Complicated injury report. Either that or he's getting traded like Clarkson soon. Nonetheless, Justise will just stay nice and cozy on my IR for now.

Yeah but he's in the way of the next hot streamer. 

BTW I prefer active and out to INJ.  At least he has a chance to do something or I could move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he comes back healthy this week I’m curious how Point Winslow will fit into this blazing hot Miami squad. I don’t think he’s played more than 7 games this year. I would say give him about a month or so to feel out his role on the team before making a true evaluation on him.

7 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

If he comes back healthy this week I’m curious how Point Winslow will fit into this blazing hot Miami squad. I don’t think he’s played more than 7 games this year. I would say give him about a month or so to feel out his role on the team before making a true evaluation on him.

It's point butler now lol. They can't really take Duncan out of the starting lineup because the spacing he provides. Winslow imo will be coming off the bench with dragic where he can play more point with shooters like hero

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's point butler now lol. They can't really take Duncan out of the starting lineup because the spacing he provides. Winslow imo will be coming off the bench with dragic where he can play more point with shooters like hero

What do you think his minutes will look like when he comes back? Spo loves this guy for some reason and I think he’s itching to get Justise back in the rotation.

Edited by NoahsArc

Yeah, in my opinion, Justise takes most of DJJ’s minutes and some of Nunn’s already dwindling minutes. He likes Winslow so much, along with Dragic. Basically almost all of DJJ and Nunn’s value will get sapped out with everyone healthy imo. He’ll probably close out with Butler, Dragic, Winslow, Bam, and 1 of either Robinson, Herro or Nunn (whoever is hot that day). DJJ and Winslow are basically used the same way by Spo (can switch multiple positions on defense), so I think DJJ gets affected the most.

10 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

What do you think his minutes will look like when he comes back? Spo loves this guy for some reason and I think he’s itching to get Justise back in the rotation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lockdown said:

Yeah, in my opinion, Justise takes most of DJJ’s minutes and some of Nunn’s already dwindling minutes. He likes Winslow so much, along with Dragic. Basically almost all of DJJ and Nunn’s value will get sapped out with everyone healthy imo. He’ll probably close out with Butler, Dragic, Winslow, Bam, and 1 of either Robinson, Herro or Nunn (whoever is hot that day). DJJ and Winslow are basically used the same way by Spo (can switch multiple positions on defense), so I think DJJ gets affected the most.

It's gonna be based on matchups and gameflow. The DJJ and Butler combo for their backline zone defense when they use it has been pretty effective and DJJ doesn't need the ball on offense (hustle player) which suits that lineup better. The problem with having Butler and Winslow in the lineup at the same time for long stretches is the spacing. Butler and Winslow are pretty bad outside shooters, which is why they are using both Duncan and Leonard in the starting lineup. 

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's gonna be based on matchups and gameflow. The DJJ and Butler combo for their backline zone defense when they use it has been pretty effective and DJJ doesn't need the ball on offense (hustle player) which suits that lineup better. The problem with having Butler and Winslow in the lineup at the same time for long stretches is the spacing. Butler and Winslow are pretty bad outside shooters, which is why they are using both Duncan and Leonard in the starting lineup. 

So are you saying Winslow won’t close? Are you saying DJJ gets same or more mins or what? I’m not sure im getting your point. Anyway if you are, I think you’re misjudging how much Spo loves Winslow. He always gushes about him in interviews and it shows with the minutes he gives him as well. 

Check that vid out. This is before he got injured recently. Take note DJJ was also in this game and played quite a bit. He’s even in this vid. Now check the 4th quarter closing lineup and the entire OT. He basically was the secondary playmaker next to Jimmy. Basically Winslow has more playmaking tools than DJJ, that’s why Spo prefers him. He also can switch any position, and play good d, which makes DJJ a redundancy. He even blocked Ibaka this game. Anyway, i’m pretty sure him coming back will make DJJ close to irrelevant. You can quote back at me if it doesn’t happen, and ill be happy to say im wrong, but im pretty sure it will, because minutes are tough to come by with this very deep miami team. Winslow has always been a Spo fav, and always gets heavy minutes when he plays and is 100% healthy.

Fwiw, I watch a lot of Miami games and study their rotations very meticulously, as i own Jimmy B, and own Bam in another league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Lockdown said:

So are you saying Winslow won’t close? Are you saying DJJ gets same or more mins or what? I’m not sure im getting your point. Anyway if you are, I think you’re misjudging how much Spo loves Winslow. He always gushes about him in interviews and it shows with the minutes he gives him as well. 

Check that vid out. This is before he got injured recently. Take note DJJ was also in this game and played quite a bit. He’s even in this vid. Now check the 4th quarter closing lineup and the entire OT. He basically was the secondary playmaker next to Jimmy. Basically Winslow has more playmaking tools than DJJ, that’s why Spo prefers him. He also can switch any position, and play good d, which makes DJJ a redundancy. He even blocked Ibaka this game. Anyway, i’m pretty sure him coming back will make DJJ close to irrelevant. You can quote back at me if it doesn’t happen, and ill be happy to say im wrong, but im pretty sure it will, because minutes are tough to come by with this very deep miami team. Winslow has always been a Spo fav, and always gets heavy minutes when he plays and is 100% healthy.

Fwiw, I watch a lot of Miami games and study their rotations very meticulously, as i own Jimmy B, and own Bam in another league. 

Never said he won't close, just saying it's gonna be based on matchups and gameflow. FWIW I think KO's role may decrease. Also basically Jimmy does the same things WInslow does but better, I can't see WInslow starting alongside Butler at least in the immediate future.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Never said he won't close, just saying it's gonna be based on matchups and gameflow. FWIW I think KO's role may decrease. Also basically Jimmy does the same things WInslow does but better, I can't see WInslow starting alongside Butler at least in the immediate future.

I don’t know about starting either because hell even Meyers Leonard starts but plays only miniscule minutes when Heat are fully healthy. All i know is Winslow is a lock for 30+ minutes. And DJJ probably is lucky to sniff 20. And his usage will go down extremely, which will decrease his value. Especially if he and Winslow stay on the court together in the 2nd unit together with Dragic (he was also not starting in that vid against Toronto i just posted before this, and winslow played 34 mins). Basically winslow is secondary playmaker with Dragic and both have the ball in their hands quite often. They will close together with Jimmy too. My only point is DJJ will be close to irrelevant when Winslow is 100%. Gameflow or not. Winslow is a huge usage sapper. This yr he’s been attempting 12.7 shots a game. It’s no wonder DJJ suddenly became relevant when Winslow was down. He’ll be part of the guys that get tinkered around by Spo often, because as ive said, Winslow being there, makes him a redundancy now. Winslow is averaging 33 minutes a game this yr, and i don’t see that changing anytime soon, once any minute restrictions are lifted/he’s 100%.

7 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I don’t know about starting either because hell even Meyers Leonard starts but plays only miniscule minutes when Heat are fully healthy. All i know is Winslow is a lock for 30+ minutes. And DJJ probably is lucky to sniff 20. And his usage will go down extremely, which will decrease his value. Especially if he and Winslow stay on the court together in the 2nd unit together with Dragic (he was also not starting in that vid against Toronto i just posted before this, and winslow played 34 mins). Basically winslow is secondary playmaker with Dragic and both have the ball in their hands quite often. They will close together with Jimmy too. My only point is DJJ will be close to irrelevant when Winslow is 100%. Gameflow or not. Winslow is a huge usage sapper. This yr he’s been attempting 12.7 shots a game. It’s no wonder DJJ suddenly became relevant when Winslow was down. He’ll be part of the guys that get tinkered around by Spo often, because as ive said, Winslow being there, makes him a redundancy now. Winslow is averaging 33 minutes a game this yr, and i don’t see that changing anytime soon, once any minute restrictions are lifted/he’s 100%.

Yeah that's my point, Winslow will not average what he was to start the season without Jimmy. Factor that with his poor efficiency and lack of stocks and fairly high TOs, he's not really worth it in 9 cat leagues but whatever fits a team's build I guess. Both Butler and Winslow are shooting sub 30% from 3 for the season which is why I say it's gonna be gameflow based on who closes the game. If they need offense, it's gonna be a combo of Butler,Nunn,Herro,Duncan,Bam. If they need defense Winslow will replace Duncan. We'll see though the Heat have not had a full healthy roster at any point in the season.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Lol. 2020 “my back”... still hurts. 

7 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Showing questionable for tomorrow.

Is this the moment, we Winslow fans, have been waiting for?!?

If he plays Sunday and someone in my league picks him up I’m gonna be pissed. Used all my adds for the week already and had to drop this guy out of my IR spot because Brogdon is made out of paper. 🤦🏽‍♂️

On 1/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Showing questionable for tomorrow.

Is this the moment, we Winslow fans, have been waiting for?!?

Maybe he makes a return this week. The questionable tag is definitely a step in the right direction. It’s really funny how many people are stashing him in Yahoo! leagues. That means we aren’t the only Winslow stans in the world.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2020 at 10:40 AM, smeeze said:

Premature ebackulation

Time to get Justise backtivated.