Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Mark Walton 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, itschief33 said:

I hope the way you spelled sarcastic is sarcasm. The good ol’ “but take out the good runs and he’s a poor runner” argument. My work here is done..

Posting from my phone. I apologize. 

That's not my point. My point is that he's been consistently horrendous for his entire NFL career. He literally has an elevated ypc of a whopping 4 yards per carry in a tiny sample. If he averages 4+ ypc over a large sample, I'll happily come around. 

17 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

No Dolphin should ever be rostered in any format.

Parker? A lot of target with Fitz

9 minutes ago, austin316 said:

87% snaps on MNF sounds promising. Haven't felt comfortable starting him yet, but we shall see...

vs the jets is about as comfy as youll get 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Posting from my phone. I apologize. 

That's not my point. My point is that he's been consistently horrendous for his entire NFL career. He literally has an elevated ypc of a whopping 4 yards per carry in a tiny sample. If he averages 4+ ypc over a large sample, I'll happily come around. 

His “entire” career is a small sample size, though. I think his “upside” on this team is low end RB2 numbers. Not a lock for that. He’s a completely free waiver scoop at the end of the day. If you don’t see the value in a RB getting consistent touches to have on the end of your bench, idk man. He’s definitely no league winner, but he’s been far from terrible since joining the phins

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

His “entire” career is a small sample size, though. I think his “upside” on this team is low end RB2 numbers. Not a lock for that. He’s a completely free waiver scoop at the end of the day. If you don’t see the value in a RB getting consistent touches to have on the end of your bench, idk man. He’s definitely no league winner, but he’s been far from terrible since joining the phins

I agree on all counts. He's definitely worth rostering, and showed enough in college to still have theoretical upside as a slow developer in the NFL. I wouldn't be starting him this week if I had any other options though, as he hasn't figured it out yet, in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Have no other choice with bye weeks so getting a guy with 15 touches is worth using. 

I'm leaning towards starting Walton this week due to byes. I think the volume will be there but the question is will it result in any fantasy points. I'm not saying Walton is going to be an RB1 but he could be serviceable if he's playing 85% of the snaps.  If he falls forward a few times he could hit 10pts....

Looking back he also had 6 targets and with that you have to like the volume. Just try not to think about the team.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1

Anyone on the fence about starting Walton should know this si the week to actually do so facing the horrid Jets, we may end up getting a big week out of this guy!

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

Volume is king in Fantasy Football........volume ALWAYS has value in some way

He's gold in my points per carry league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

25 carry sample of 4 ypc, or previous 80 carries at 2 ypc. Which is more important. 

I'll take his latest three games (since the Dolphins began the obvious move away from Drake) as more telling of the immediate future than the games he played on a different team last season (when he admitted his head was in the wrong place) or what he did in the preseason. I care about as much about preseason football stats as I do spring training baseball stats. Jmho.

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'll take his latest three games (since the Dolphins began the obvious move away from Drake) as more telling of the immediate future than the games he played on a different team last season (when he admitted his head was in the wrong place) or what he did in the preseason. I care about as much about preseason football stats as I do spring training baseball stats. Jmho.

The matchup with the Jets is going to tell us all we need to know. If he shows well there I think he's a keeper. Because it would at least show me he's a pretty decent start against the bad teams. Then you can probably start him 14-16 with confidence, which I think would be worthy of a hold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The matchup with the Jets is going to tell us all we need to know. If he shows well there I think he's a keeper. Because it would at least show me he's a pretty decent start against the bad teams. Then you can probably start him 14-16 with confidence, which I think would be worthy of a hold.

I agree completely.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Agreed. I wouldn't judge him vs the Steelers but will vs the Jets.

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

The jets might suck, but they are 11th best team in rushing yards allowed per game. And they are the 9th worst team against the pass. But they just traded away Leo, so that may change things some. Just some more info to put things into context for using that game as a test. 

Jets are in shambles after the trade deadline I bet. I'm sure there are disgruntled players in the locker room. Given the volume and those factors, I think Walton is a great play this week. Assuming no injury happening, he has a very good chance to score a td this week and put up over 10 points. 

2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Jets are in shambles after the trade deadline I bet. I'm sure there are disgruntled players in the locker room. Given the volume and those factors, I think Walton is a great play this week. Assuming no injury happening, he has a very good chance to score a td this week and put up over 10 points. 

I agree.

i'm debating him and Breida and leaning toward Walton.

This just should be a game that the Dolphins actually stay in....And maybe even can win.  And they're at home.  And Ballage is just so bad that Walton should see plenty of touches if they keep the game close.  Walton would seem to be set up for a decent week.

Still tough trusting any Dolphins player but maybe the stars align and allow him to put up his best game of the season....Which wouldn't take too much lol.

• Like 1

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Walton is suddenly going to be an RB1.  If you have him on your team, you got him for free and he is now in a nice situation on a crappy team.  He's a guy you're happy to have on your bench.  You don't ever want to play him, but you plug him in as a bye week filler.  He's your break glass in case of emergency guy if one of your starters gets hurt.  This week is the exact reason I have a guy like this.  Kamara, Julio, and Kupp all on their byes.  Plugging him into my flex against a sad looking Jets team and feeling alright about it.  

• Like 5

The other thing going for him is the coaching staff loves him. I think we will definitely see some good games from him down the stretch. I think he is the perfect flex play. I definitely would take him over guys like Carlos Hyde or any Chiefs rb.  

[...]

Flex at best, and reminds me of a trap named Frank Gore

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

13 hours ago, Luxferro said:

The jets might suck, but they are 11th best team in rushing yards allowed per game.

Jets gives up the 8th most fantasy points to the RB position.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/pointsagainst?season=2019&pos=RB&mode=average&ntid=20

Edited by affliction

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

aaaand another lil' FYI nugget:

This is lining up to be Walton's best game of the year.  Of course the last time I said that was Evan Engram vs AZ and that didn't turn out well.

2 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

This is lining up to be Walton's best game of the year.  Of course the last time I said that was Evan Engram vs AZ and that didn't turn out well.

Yeah I get it but the difference is he will be getting the ball for sure. We also have Leonard Williams not on the team as well.