Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Mark Walton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'm almost always a volume guy but this team is so bad even with that volume he's a RB3. One thing that hurts is even though he's a proficient pass catcher Fitz is a bit of a gunslinger so a dumpoff is beyond a last resort. Having TDs vultured hurts as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm almost always a volume guy but this team is so bad even with that volume he's a RB3. One thing that hurts is even though he's a proficient pass catcher Fitz is a bit of a gunslinger so a dumpoff is beyond a last resort. Having TDs vultured hurts as well. 

 

All valid points.

That said, things are getting a bit tough for some teams with bye weeks and injury issues.  Tough to find RB's playing 80+% of the snaps. Agree he's a RB3/RB4. 

Hoping Walton scores his first TD of the season this week as I'm rolling with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree he's a RB3/RB4. 

I very much disagree with this statement.  He's probably a high RB3 but possibly a low RB2 going forward which is ranking him somewhere between RB22-RB28 overall ROS.  Putting him at the turn of 3/4 is putting him RB34-RB40 overall ROS.  A guy getting the snap count and touches he is getting even on a bad team like Miami isn't going to fall that low.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I very much disagree with this statement.  He's probably a high RB3 but possibly a low RB2 going forward which is ranking him somewhere between RB22-RB28 overall ROS.  Putting him at the turn of 3/4 is putting him RB34-RB40 overall ROS.  A guy getting the snap count and touches he is getting even on a bad team like Miami isn't going to fall that low.  

 

Well....I just have a tough time ranking a guy who has zero TD's on the season and hasn't eclipsed 75 total yards in a game much higher.  And that's before factoring in just how awful the Dolphins offense has been.  There just hasn't been much RB production at all in that offense.

To me, "potential" volume is nice but he's done nothing on the field to instill much confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being about an even split with Kalen Ballage moving forward if Walton doesn't have a good game this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being about an even split with Kalen Ballage moving forward if Walton doesn't have a good game this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ballage gets passed up by both Gaskins and Laird soon, but you are right that Walton needs to put some good stuff on film this week or be rendered a bit part quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are really banged up in the front seven.  Mosely is out, they just put Cashman on IR, and they traded Leonard Williams to the Giants.  Their once formidable Run-D may not be so hot any more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

Well....I just have a tough time ranking a guy who has zero TD's on the season and hasn't eclipsed 75 total yards in a game much higher.  And that's before factoring in just how awful the Dolphins offense has been.  There just hasn't been much RB production at all in that offense.

To me, "potential" volume is nice but he's done nothing on the field to instill much confidence.

Neither did Derrick Henry the 1st half of last year.  If you had a hard time ranking him much higher the 2nd half of last season you missed out.  Ya gotta read the tea leaves.  Miami hadn't given anyone all year the amount of run they're giving Walton now.  The coach likes the kid and is using him constantly.  Again, not saying he's suddenly an RB1, but he's much better than an RB4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick with him. He could end up being a league winner later in the season. The snap count is outrageous, and it's probably more important in factoring in his ROS outlook than whether or not he scored a two yard TD last week.

I have him on my roster and he'll stay there because his week 12-16 is Browns, Eagles, Jets, Giants, Bengals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say it again. Stop over thinking this!!! He is going to help us out starting this week!!! Jets in shambles yo. The swiss cheese defense they now have just got even cheesier after their recent moves. We gonna waltz on to victories with this dude in our lineups!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I will say it again. Stop over thinking this!!! He is going to help us out starting this week!!! Jets in shambles yo. The swiss cheese defense they now have just got even cheesier after their recent moves. We gonna waltz on to victories with this dude in our lineups!!

 

This week will tell a lot.  If he can't have a solid game this week then he probably never will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was high on him but I was able to flip him in a trade. I would felt a lot better the dolphins drafted him or if he was signed “long term.” The coaching staff seems to prefer him but if he struggles. He’ll have a shorter leash. I still feel he’s a volume based RB3 if he stays the number 1 option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if there will be some extra motivation to perform given that Drake balled out...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I wonder if there will be some extra motivation to perform given that Drake balled out...

There will be extra motivation by the front office and the coaching staff to ensure Walton has a good performance, to prove to the world that they traded Drake because they had a solid option in Walton at hand.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There will be extra motivation by the front office and the coaching staff to ensure Walton has a good performance, to prove to the world that they traded Drake because they had a solid option in Walton at hand.

It's now or never.  They need to give Walton 20+ carries this week and see if he can be the guy moving forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Walton is that he needs to get his yards and catches in between the 20's because once they get inside the 20, Kalen Ballage will likely be in to vulture any touchdowns.  I liken Walton to Matt Breida's situation.  I think he's a poor man's Breida in that he has similar talent but there is another rb (in Breida's case, Tevin Coleman) to vulture any possible short distance touchdowns.  Until/if he has a breakout game, I view Walton as a mid to low end rb3.

If Walton doesn't show out against the Jets, I can see more of a 50/50 split with Kalen Ballage moving forward.

Edited by sjm76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sjm76 said:

The thing with Walton is that he needs to get his yards and catches all over the field, but once they get inside the 5, Kalen Ballage will likely be in to vulture any touchdowns. 

Fixed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Neither did Derrick Henry the 1st half of last year.  If you had a hard time ranking him much higher the 2nd half of last season you missed out.  Ya gotta read the tea leaves.  Miami hadn't given anyone all year the amount of run they're giving Walton now.  The coach likes the kid and is using him constantly.  Again, not saying he's suddenly an RB1, but he's much better than an RB4. 

 

Henry's team wasn't running cover 0 blitzes and trying as hard as possible to lose games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punched my ticket on this train. After watching Brad Evans from yahoo touting  Walton for weeks 15 and 16.

then he started talking bout how you can get Mark Walton for a fun size snickers I got onboard hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sjm76 said:

The thing with Walton is that he needs to get his yards and catches in between the 20's because once they get inside the 20, Kalen Ballage will likely be in to vulture any touchdowns.  I liken Walton to Matt Breida's situation.  I think he's a poor man's Breida in that he has similar talent but there is another rb (in Breida's case, Tevin Coleman) to vulture any possible short distance touchdowns.  Until/if he has a breakout game, I view Walton as a mid to low end rb3.

If Walton doesn't show out against the Jets, I can see more of a 50/50 split with Kalen Ballage moving forward.


Walton was in on the goalline last week so I don’t believe this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

There will be extra motivation by the front office and the coaching staff to ensure Walton has a good performance, to prove to the world that they traded Drake because they had a solid option in Walton at hand.

 

 

This makes zero sense.☝️

Miami  is tanking and has shown their intent to rebuild through the draft by gutting their current team for draft picks.

They now have 13 of them.

The Dolphins traded Drake for a 5th/6th rd pick for Drake after 50% of the season is complete and he will be a UFA.

So there is no motivation to prove to the world that Walton was better. They traded Drake because they had zero intent to resign him and they got a solid draft pick for him.

The onus is on the Cardinals to validate they  gave up a draft pick to rent a rb with 8 games left in the season  who will be a UFA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami still has some pride, bud.  Nothing would show their cleverness, even during a supposed tank season, like rescuing a young running back from the Bengal's discard bin, trading away the guys ahead of him on the depth chart, then using him to bludgeon the hated Jets for their first win of the season.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garbage

 

Started him over Devin Singletary today because everyone said this was gonna be a Gore game because Buffalo would be up big and pound the rock. I knew damn well Miami was going to win today and even still Walton gets me a measly 5 points. Unbelievable.

Dropping this guy the first chance I get.  If he can’t give me a good game when Miami has a positive game script all game then it’s never going to happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this