sjm76

Mark Walton 2019 Outlook

drake trade talks.  drake will probably get traded

grab walton while you can 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

They need to get to the goaline lol

Ballage got a goal line plunge. I mean that’s 15 points standard if Walton gets it. 

Limited practice yesterday, also known as a maintenance day for the Dolphins' lead back.  He's getting the white glove treatment now that he's their franchise player.  "Thumb" was the excuse they made up yesterday.  I heard he drank a lot of Gatorade at the practice facility.

• Haha 2

Lol... I heard its cause hes soft

Edited by hard1

Might as well pick him up.  I like what I've seen so far.  If Drake gets traded and he gets more opportunity he could be a back end RB2.  Dropping Minshew for him. I'll probably drop Walton in another week or two but ya never know

I'm quite shocked that people are still debating if to pick him up and how he is possibly on the waiver wire.

If you are in a 12 team league what options do you have? There's rumblings of Drake leaving, his workload is increasing, and he already got the start. This point of the season any RB with a pulse is worth an add and Walton has a pulse as if he just finished running a marathon. There's a solid chance after this week you'll have to blow your entire budget to own him if he plays well. 

• Like 4

Looks great to me moving forward.  Good hands and seems to move the chains when given opportunities to run the ball.  If he gets 10-12 carries per game and 6-8 targets in the passing game this guy has great value.  

Edited by dorsett33
  • Like 1

The Miami Herald reports Kenyan Drake is "available for a draft pick."

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

“A draft pick” not even a specific round or ball park. They really want the calls to come in lol.

That's because they'll really give him away for free in a week.

2 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

If Drake gets traded and he gets more opportunity he could be a back end RB2. 

Drake is far superior and didn’t sniff being an RB2 this year FWIW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

Drake is far superior and didn’t sniff being an RB2 this year FWIW.

But Drake is not far superior...that is the interesting take.  Drake is fantastic at the art of dancing behind the line of scrimmage.  Drake's career thus far is the story of huge amounts of talent being wasted on a guy who, for argument sake, is deemed soft.  

If Walton runs downhill and charges on inside runs - he should be better than Drake ever was.  How much better...?? who knows.  

IMO...I do think Drake is soft.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I'm quite shocked that people are still debating if to pick him up and how he is possibly on the waiver wire.

If you are in a 12 team league what options do you have? There's rumblings of Drake leaving, his workload is increasing, and he already got the start. This point of the season any RB with a pulse is worth an add and Walton has a pulse as if he just finished running a marathon. There's a solid chance after this week you'll have to blow your entire budget to own him if he plays well. 

only 10% in cbs leagues.  doesnt make much sense...

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

only 10% in cbs leagues.  doesnt make much sense...

It makes sense. There are many teams that have a full roster and don't need a JAG. Teams in need of one or maybe a bye week fill will pick him up. That's probably only 10% of the teams. Many teams already have multiple RBs who are better and they can rotate in. They also have way better flex options. He's 20% owned right now in Yahoo.

Edited by FitzMagic

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Dolphins @ Buf yea owners wont have to worry with a good game this week IMO haha Bills D is legit and they are at home

Edited by kmoore1521

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Dolphins @ Buf yea owners wont have to worry with a good game this week IMO haha Bills D is legit and they are at home

he's set up to catch short dump offs and probably split carries w/ drake. bye week filler this week and possibly more in future weeks if drake is shipped.

@NYJ, @NYG, CIN in $$$ weeks.

unga bunga...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

But Drake is not far superior...that is the interesting take.  Drake is fantastic at the art of dancing behind the line of scrimmage.  Drake's career thus far is the story of huge amounts of talent being wasted on a guy who, for argument sake, is deemed soft.  

If Walton runs downhill and charges on inside runs - he should be better than Drake ever was.  How much better...?? who knows.  

IMO...I do think Drake is soft.  

Without getting too much into the details/statistics, I’ll counter with these few simple facts:

1)   Drake has actually had success in his NFL career at some point. Drake was very good the last two years when the Dolphins weren’t a complete dumpster fire.

2)   Drake has trade value and some team will actually give something up for him.

3)   The only team to give Walton consideration after he was waived was the tanking Dolphins and it took him this long to leap the worst RB in the NFL on the depth chart.

Like I said, without getting too much into it, the Dolphins clearly disagree with you and only one NFL team thought he was worth even having on their roster (yes I understand he had arrests, but talent wins out).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Without getting too much into the details/statistics, I’ll counter with these few simple facts:

1)   Drake has actually had success in his NFL career at some point. Drake was very good the last two years when the Dolphins weren’t a complete dumpster fire.

2)   Drake has trade value and some team will actually give something up for him.

3)   The only team to give Walton consideration after he was waived was the tanking Dolphins and it took him this long to leap the worst RB in the NFL on the depth chart.

Like I said, without getting too much into it, the Dolphins clearly disagree with you and only one NFL team thought he was worth even having on their roster (yes I understand he had arrests, but talent wins out).

Kurt Warner was stocking grocery shelves.  What is your point?  Anyways, I will play ball and disagree with a bro for ***** and giggles. The counter point, to whatever point you are making, is that the Dolphins find way more value with Walton at the price they are paying him.  Drake's contract isn't astronomical but obviously is deemed as non-useful because Walton provides more for less.  Plus, we haven't even seen what the market value is for Drake.  I'm going with a 4th round pick.  

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 2

"He's really done a good job. He's a guy who does a lot. [Walton can] play in the kicking game, he's good out of the backfield catching the football, he's a good runner inside and outside," 

-  head coach Brian Flores 

"He's got a really good skill set -- a three-down skill set. He made some plays last week. He really did. If he continues to do that and he's productive, then we'll leave him in there. We've got some other backs who have been productive as well. I like them all.”

-  head coach Brian Flores

"Mark, leading up to the decision to start him, has really impressed us with both his work ethic at practice [and] his production on the field when he has been in there”

- offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea

"He's a great example of a player who has taken great advantage of his opportunities... He was very deserving to go out there and start for us. I'm glad he's on our football team. I think he can make some very positive contributions moving forward."

- offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Kurt Warner was stocking grocery shelves.  What is your point?  Anyways, I will play ball and disagree with a bro for ***** and giggles. The counter point, to whatever point you are making, is that the Dolphins find way more value with Walton at the price they are paying him.  Drake's contract isn't astronomical but obviously is deemed as non-useful because Walton provides more for less.  Plus, we haven't even seen what the market value is for Drake.  I'm going with a 4th round pick.  

That’s my point.

To the NFL, pending UFA Drake is worth a 4th round pick while Mark Walton isn’t even worth a waiver claim.

8 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

That’s my point.

To the NFL, pending UFA Drake is worth a 4th round pick while Mark Walton isn’t even worth a waiver claim.

Drake is definitely not worth a 4th round pick. He's a replacement level talent at the most devalued position in the NFL. Hell, he was drafted coming out of school in the third round and hasn't done much to raise his stock since then. He's worth a 6th or 7th to a team that desperately needs a body at the position, at best. Drake is much more likely to be totally benched in favor of Walton than be traded.

Edited by MJJ28

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

That’s my point.

I disagree.  I don't think that is the case at all with Walton. 

1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

Drake is definitely not worth a 4th round pick. He's a replacement level talent at the most devalued position in the NFL. Hell, he was drafted coming out of school in the third round and hasn't done much to raise his stock since then. He's worth a 6th or 7th to a team that desperately needs a body at the position, at best. Drake is much more likely to be totally benched in favor of Walton than be traded.

touche. 

Come up with all the reasons/excuses you want why Walton is this and Walton is that meanwhile he's getting me 10+ points at a thin position in a deep league.  Picked up off the wavier wire he seems to be a steal to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1