Trench Mob

Tyler Herro 2019-2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

When he saw NUNN go off he realized that his role would eventually diminish through the season...  I hope this gives HERRO a clear path for 25 + MPG. What ya'll think?

25 minutes per seems about right.

First Whiteside, now Waiters. That feeling of not having to babysit these average players since we're getting actual talent around now is a good feeling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

First Whiteside, now Waiters. That feeling of not having to babysit these average players since we're getting actual talent around now is a good feeling.

Also James Johnson out of rotation, maybe won't even suit up.

24 mpg is realistic and I imagine he will be top 100, draftable/worthy of pickup.  The only downside is that his skill set is pretty replicable.

I hope that Herro makes the most of this game without Waiters. Give Coach Spo a reason to start the rookie moving forward. This is great news! 

9 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

As a Heat fan, I can imagine you are pretty excited.  Butler give you the killer player who can force the issue on offense and defense.  If Bam and Justice continue to develop and Herro continues to show he belongs in the rotation, the Heat can make some noise in the East.  Nunn, Robinson and KZ also look like interesting prospects.

Not wishing Dion loses his roster spot, but he seems like a guy who could just as easily get jettisoned as kept.

• Like 1

Dion Waiters may not be in Miami's rotation to begin the 2019-20 season.

Waiters cut 15 pounds this summer as he envisioned himself in a starting role with the Heat this season, but with Tyler Herro's impressive Summer League and preseason, he appears to be behind the rookie on the depth chart. After Waiters was suspended by the Heat for "conduct detrimental to the team" he went on Instagram and implied that Erik Spoelstra's championships weren't earned due to the roster, laughed at the idea of Herro being better than him and liked comments about the team waiving or trading him. This is fine.

Image result for oh yeah.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Waiters cut 15 pounds this summer as he envisioned himself in a starting role with the Heat this season, but with Tyler Herro's impressive Summer League and preseason, he appears to be behind the rookie on the depth chart. After Waiters was suspended by the Heat for "conduct detrimental to the team" he went on Instagram and implied that Erik Spoelstra's championships weren't earned due to the roster, laughed at the idea of Herro being better than him and liked comments about the team waiving or trading him. This is fine.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Based on what I've seen from nunn in the preseason, he might be a bigger threat than people think. Personally nunn looks like a better player than herro or waiters but sample size is too small at this point. 

With Waiters acting like a baby and being told hes coming off the bench while the Heat organization being fully behind herro, I see him ending up being the starter and play 30 mins. Defense might limit his MPG but this guy can shoot. If somehow he can learn from Butler and not be a revolving door on defense, he can definitely average at least 18 ppg on 2 threes.

What a head case... good for NUNN and HERRO owners!

I'm excited to own this guy.  Seems like he's going to get minutes.  I just hope he can add in some stocks or go volume heavy on three because as noted he has a pretty generic skill set.  The over 90% from the line is pretty rare tho.  Hopefully he can shoot 4-5 a game on average.

Jimmy Butler said that Tyler Herro will be "special for a very long time."

"He’s confident because he works on his game. He listens. He asks all the right questions," said Butler, heaping praise on his rookie. "At 19, [if] you’ve already got that mindset, you can only get better, especially in this organization. He’s going to be special for a very long time." For a guy like Butler to speak this glowingly of a rookie says a lot, and we've been nothing but impressed with Herro this summer. He'll be in the rotation from the jump and should see his minutes trend up throughout the year.

• Like 1

It's great to see him play without Butler or Waiters in the first game. It just gives coach Spo a better look at him so he gets more minutes when the team is healthy.

He did quite well for his first ever NBA game.  It was no PJ Washington performance, but it looks like he may remain the starter when Waiters returns. Also, Butler loves him so I can expect Jimmy to pass him the rock.

6 minutes ago, DZaak said:

It's great to see him play without Butler or Waiters in the first game. It just gives coach Spo a better look at him so he gets more minutes when the team is healthy.

He did quite well for his first ever NBA game.  It was no PJ Washington performance, but it looks like he may remain the starter when Waiters returns. Also, Butler loves him so I can expect Jimmy to pass him the rock.

Well, Spo said Nunn would've started alongside Butler so there's that.

20 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

This is what I was worried about. I thought Herro was starting when Jimmy's there. I'm ready to switch

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

So what's the starting lineup? I assumed Waiters was starting.  So if it's Nunn, Waiters, JB... That can easily turn into Ninn, Herro, JB.

Or is JB a lock at SG? Then Winslow, Bam and Kelly start? I would have thoguht Kelly comes off the bench.

Just now, DZaak said:

So what's the starting lineup?

C - Bam

PF - Leonard

SF - Butler

SG - Nunn

PG - Winslow

^

Or Butler switches to the 2, Winslow at the 3, Nunn at the 1. The versatility even has me on my toes.

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

^

Or Butler switches to the 2, Winslow at the 3, Nunn at the 1. The versatility even has me on my toes.

Then only thing that gives me hope that Herro won't get forgotten is that (I feel like) Nunn looks for his own shot before anything else, while Herro seemed more selfless and like he had a better all-around game. I feel like Herro would gel better with ball-dominant Winslow and Butler. 

Whatever the case, Nunn really lowers Herro's ceiling. It's ANOTHER mouth to feed that the Heat will want to prioritize and develop. Then, besides the starters, there's Dragic, DJJ, Kelly O, and eventually James Johnson and possibly Waiters when they return from exile.

Maybe it would be better for Herro's numbers if he is able to play 20+ minutes off the bench.

Well he wont be starting meaning his minutes will be capped being Butler's backup......I dont see much value in a 19 year old backup rookie on redraft leagues. I might move on from him.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

22 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Well he wont be starting meaning his minutes will be capped being Butler's backup......I dont see much value in a 19 year old backup rookie on redraft leagues. I might move on from him.

Thinking the same thing

51 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

For now....that could all change quickly though.  I think this would be their best lineup:

PG - Nunn

SG - Herro

SF - Butler (in reality he will be playing a lot of PG since he will always have the ball)

PF - Leonard (he is awful, but not many options)

C - Bam

Winslow off bench for playmaking in the 2nd unit and some scoring pop. 

Winslow - Butler - Nunn - Bam are for sure Starters, so we got a 5th spot up for grabs

Then we got Dragic - maybe Johnson if hes in shape - Derick Jones - Olynyk/Leonard getting minutes off the bench or vying for the 5th starter spot (waiters is done imo) 

I could easily see mid 20's minutes on this team for Herro, starting or not unless im missing someone who is gonna get a lot of run, dont see any reason for the doom n gloom in here tbh

even if you dont agree with how i laid that out, the amount of names mentioned easily leaves room for Herro to be useful

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1