Trench Mob

Tyler Herro 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Winslow - Butler - Nunn - Bam are for sure Starters, so we got a 5th spot up for grabs

Olynyk is more skilled, but Leonard is the best fit next to Bam because of his rebounding and he's a better shooter than Olynyk. Better athlete too.

At least neither are Josh McRoberts.

26 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Winslow - Butler - Nunn - Bam are for sure Starters, so we got a 5th spot up for grabs

Then we got Dragic - maybe Johnson if hes in shape - Derick Jones - Olynyk/Leonard getting minutes off the bench or vying for the 5th starter spot (waiters is done imo) 

I could easily see mid 20's minutes on this team for Herro, starting or not unless im missing someone who is gonna get a lot of run, dont see any reason for the doom n gloom in here tbh

even if you dont agree with how i laid that out, the amount of names mentioned easily leaves room for Herro to be useful

Well for me the doom and gloom is that the coach is already saying hes good offensively but sucks defensively which of course will limit his minutes and pair this with the fact that hes a 19 year old teenage rookie with years of team control, the heat who are in no way championship contenders but in the east a possible playoff team will not be rebuilding ala the Charlotte Hornets so Herro messes up on defense he might get the quick hook with the intention of hes young he will learn we dont need him this year and he's a work in progress with no rush essentially. I might be reading too much into it and obviously I am not dropping as of yet (unless a PJ Washington type guy comes out of nowhere again) so I will be holding him to see what his minutes/situation is once Butler is on the team but knowing now that hes the one who wasnt even considered to be starting definitely puts a gallon and ice cold water into the preseason sleeper hype.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Well for me the doom and gloom is that the coach is already saying hes good offensively but sucks defensively which of course will limit his minutes and pair this with the fact that hes a 19 year old teenage rookie with years of team control, the heat who are in no way championship contenders but in the east a possible playoff team will not be rebuilding ala the Charlotte Hornets so Herro messes up on defense he might get the quick hook with the intention of hes young he will learn we dont need him this year and he's a work in progress with no rush essentially. I might be reading too much into it and obviously I am not dropping as of yet (unless a PJ Washington type guy comes out of nowhere again) so I will be holding him to see what his minutes/situation is once Butler is on the team but knowing now that hes the one who wasnt even considered to be starting definitely puts a gallon and ice cold water into the preseason sleeper hype.

I think you are reading way too much into Spo's comment about defence. His D didn't look all that bad to me, he wasn't losing his guy and he had a nice athletic block off the backboard. I think Spo was just saying something so that the Rooks head doesn't get too big.  It's not like the other options on the team at his position are good defenders (and even if they are slightly better than him, his offense and shooting would make up for it). Butler is super high on him and if Butler has a lot of pull, which most think he does, then Herro should be safe. We will see anyway. 

There seems to be a lot of angst that Nunn was identified as a starter instead of Herro.  Were there expectations that he would automatically jump into Waiters' spot?

I don't think it matters whether Herro is a starter or his role as Butler's "backup."  He will be in the rotation and should see 20 to 25 minutes consistently with the opportunity for more depending on the match up and how he is playing.  Personally, I like the idea of him coming off the bench and feasting against second teams.  Plus, it is reasonable to expect some time on the floor with Butler and other "starters."  It isn't who starts but who finishes.

With the exception of Butler and Bam, everyone on the roster has some holes in their game.  I have only seen highlights of the Heat so I am no expert on either player's game.  However, at first glance, Nunn appears to be developing into a multi-level scorer. Time will tell how that plays out and what value he brings beyond scoring.  Herro appears to be more well rounded in leading a team on the attack.

Edited by mbroo5880i

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

However, at first glance, Nunn appears to be developing into a multi-level scorer but time will tell how that plays out and what value he brings beyond scoring. Herro appears to be more well rounded in leading a team on the attack.

Nunn = Explosive

Herro = Gunner

Together, a gun loaded with explosive shells. Just trying to simplify it lol.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Then we got Dragic - maybe Johnson if hes in shape - Derick Jones - Olynyk/Leonard getting minutes off the bench or vying for the 5th starter spot (waiters is done imo) 

I could easily see mid 20's minutes on this team for Herro, starting or not unless im missing someone who is gonna get a lot of run, dont see any reason for the doom n gloom in here tbh

even if you dont agree with how i laid that out, the amount of names mentioned easily leaves room for Herro to be useful

That's a lot of names but in reality, he's mainly competing against Nunn and DJJ for minutes. He's not a contender against Winslow or Butler. He's not a point guard so not competing directly against Dragic (although, kind of, because they can move Butler over and play Dragic). He's not a PF/C so not competing against Olynik Bam Leonard or James Johnson.

20-25 min a game seems reasonable with room for more depending on how things play out and injuries/trades.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

That's a lot of names but in reality, he's mainly competing against Nunn and DJJ for minutes. He's not a contender against Winslow or Butler. He's not a point guard so not competing directly against Dragic (although, kind of, because they can move Butler over and play Dragic). He's not a PF/C so not competing against Olynik Bam Leonard or James Johnson.

20-25 min a game seems reasonable with room for more depending on how things play out and injuries/trades.

Herro played some point guard during summer league and in camp. But no one should be starting at the 1 besides Winslow IMO. That much is true.

• Like 1

The Heat are becoming POSITIONLESS!  We're so close to solving the puzzle. And the East is not that strong either. Excited lol.

no waiters next two games

Man i feel like dropping him. Can someone give me a reason to hold on?? Waiters being out means nothing if hes behind butler and goran dragic.

Thinking about just streaming his spot, can't see much value with him being Butler's backup.

Butler out for 2 more games for starters. 

Coming of the bench isn't bad in the sense that he gets to play w a quality PG in Dragic and go against weaker defenses

14 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Butler out for 2 more games for starters. 

Coming of the bench isn't bad in the sense that he gets to play w a quality PG in Dragic and go against weaker defenses

call me crazy but I'm holding for now.  He was productive when he played in the opener.  Even as a bench guy he'll be a lot like Coby White where he's one of the leading usage guys in a 6th man type role.  

in 10 team leagues there might be someone better on the waiver but in our 12 teamer all the hot guards have already been scooped up.

Catching fire at the moment, but I definitely see that he has to improve his defense to at least NBA level. He's getting burned so many times. I think with butler comes back, he won't be getting such a long leash. Hopefully he can improve quickly cause Nunn and Herro are startign to become my two favorite rookie pairs to watch.

Time to move on from the preseason darling?  Butler is back next week and this guy isn’t doing anything even without Butler.

Nunn is the guy.

Just now, DemOrioles said:

Time to move on from the preseason darling?  Butler is back next week and this guy isn’t doing anything even without Butler.

Nunn is the guy.

I dripped him for isiah thomas. Hes good hes gonna be special just not this season. Hes 19 years old so hes not viewed as an immediate threat but more so of we gonna make him great by teaching him. He got 35 minutes and really didnt do anything special.

• Like 1

Good prospect, maybe just not this year yet. Or maybe towards the end of the season. Would gladly be wrong

9 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I dripped him for isiah thomas. Hes good hes gonna be special just not this season. Hes 19 years old so hes not viewed as an immediate threat but more so of we gonna make him great by teaching him. He got 35 minutes and really didnt do anything special.

Agreed.. I was hoping he'd go off with 35 minutes of playing time tonight. Unfortunately, I just missed Nunn, and IT on the WW.. I'll see how he is on the Tuesday ; Wednesday game before I let him go! His shot mechanics is definitely nice to look at! Reminds me of Booker.

2 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Agreed.. I was hoping he'd go off with 35 minutes of playing time tonight. Unfortunately, I just missed Nunn, and IT on the WW.. I'll see how he is on the Tuesday ; Wednesday game before I let him go! His shot mechanics is definitely nice to look at! Reminds me of Booker.

I think Butler will definitely take some shots away from Nunn and herro, but their shot quality may improve from butlers presence. Holding until after a couple of games as well.

Still hoping Herro doesn't turn to my "player held for too long" regret this season.

2 hours ago, memo said:

Still hoping Herro doesn't turn to my "player held for too long" regret this season.

Starting to feel that way already, for me at least. He may very well be my next drop. SG’s are typically easy to replace.

1 hour ago, Ray Barboni said:

Starting to feel that way already, for me at least. He may very well be my next drop. SG’s are typically easy to replace.

man when I drafted I had really high Hope's and turned down a trade off for lonzo ball ... lol so far I've regretted that decision. I didn't want to deal with the headache of knowing he could have been injured.. I should have gambled at this point. I hope jimmy coming back can take the defender away from herro tonoght to allow him to just straight up shoot. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

man when I drafted I had really high Hope's and turned down a trade off for lonzo ball ... lol so far I've regretted that decision. I didn't want to deal with the headache of knowing he could have been injured.. I should have gambled at this point. I hope jimmy coming back can take the defender away from herro tonoght to allow him to just straight up shoot. 

#fumbled

Image result for the bag.gifImage result for the bag.gif

• Haha 2