fabrar

De'Aaron Fox 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

Of course you would never bench your 3rd rounder *cough* I mean 9th rounder for any silly reasons.

But I had serious reservations playing this guy today, with how all the players talk about being young, and in Miami, probably had some fun last night.

LOL I tried trading for him but the owner still thinks he is a 3rd rounder.  Strange how he forgot how to shoot FTs. 

1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

LOL I tried trading for him but the owner still thinks he is a 3rd rounder.  Strange how he forgot how to shoot FTs. 

his value can easily be perceived higher by the owner if a team is setup to support his flaw aka FT. Because those steals and assists are very juicy and is often one of the main reasons I am in the steals cat in my league 

18 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah, but you also cannot point to his rank being 94th and say ok a player in 60s-70s-80s is fair value. The owner that drafted Fox is either punting ft or is strong enough there to compensate for the bad ft. So for him Fox probably has way more value than his rank shows.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

his value can easily be perceived higher by the owner if a team is setup to support his flaw aka FT. Because those steals and assists are very juicy and is often one of the main reasons I am in the steals cat in my league 

Exactly. This is a case where 9-cat rankings are less meaningful.

I tried trading Fox to a team for Middleton and it was rejected, but another team who is punting FT% and turnovers (they have Lebron, Bam, and Jrue) accepted him for Siakam (who is arguably higher value than Middleton). Both rankings and draft position are meaningless at this point in the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Exactly. This is a case where 9-cat rankings are less meaningful.

I tried trading Fox to a team for Middleton and it was rejected, but another team who is punting FT% and turnovers (they have Lebron, Bam, and Jrue) accepted him for Siakam (who is arguably higher value than Middleton). Both rankings and draft position are meaningless at this point in the season.

thats a pretty good get! just shows often a different position can get the job done (pg for pf) - whereas if you force an owner into comparing eg. PG for PG doesn't get the job done usually 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Well I'm the only true punt FT team in the league.  His team is well within range and could improve by trading him quite easily.  Anyway, maybe he just wants to continue to tank like you said.  Otherwise it'd be a win win. 

3 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Well I'm the only true punt FT team in the league.  His team is well within range and could improve by trading him quite easily.  Anyway, maybe he just wants to continue to tank like you said.  Otherwise it'd be a win win. 

Who did you offer for him?

Maybe he's actually punting FT% or doesn't care about that category as much. Does he have anyone else with low FT% and high FTA besides Fox?

33 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Who did you offer for him?

Maybe he's actually punting FT% or doesn't care about that category as much. Does he have anyone else with low FT% and high FTA besides Fox?

Yeah he's lower in FT.  I'm at 73%, pretty much hopeless and he's at 76%, also low but could move to the middle of the pack.  I think I offered someone ranked in the 40-50's.  Can't remember.  Or maybe he just thinks his FT will go back up, and his preseason projection was at 27, so that's what he wants to get back. 

Anyway, Fox is really good.  I would say solidly the best player ahead of Hield on the team (not fantasy wise, but IRL.  Fantasy MVP obviously Holmes).  Obviously got to draft him next year. 

5 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah he's lower in FT.  I'm at 73%, pretty much hopeless and he's at 76%, also low but could move to the middle of the pack.  I think I offered someone ranked in the 40-50's.  Can't remember.  Or maybe he just thinks his FT will go back up, and his preseason projection was at 27, so that's what he wants to get back. 

Anyway, Fox is really good.  I would say solidly the best player ahead of Hield on the team (not fantasy wise, but IRL.  Fantasy MVP obviously Holmes).  Obviously got to draft him next year. 

Fox is ranked 1st round like top 8 if u punt ft and TOs.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Fox is ranked 1st round like top 8 if u punt ft and TOs.

If he maintains his production in the past month and hit more 3s, then that's possible. For now, you'd need to punt FT% and TO just to have him return his draft position value (~3rd round).

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

9 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

If he maintains his production in the past month and hit more 3s, then that's possible. For now, you'd need to punt FT% and TO just to have him return his draft position value (~3rd round).

The 1st round rank with punts is going off the past 2 weeks on basketball monster. FWIW he's the only player to give u +20 points, 9.5+ assists, 2 steals, and 1 three in that span. The only players in that range are lebron and russ, simmons the past 2 weeks. The Yahoo rank of 39 average past 2 weeks is going by 9 cat without punts.

Edited by DezedandConfused

I traded a bunch of players to target steals and man, having Fox, CP, Jimmy, Oubre and Tatum is a godsend for that category.

My team went from second last to 2nd for steals in my roto league within a month.

Fox’s FT stinks, but like dude said, there aren’t a lot of players who will get you 20+/5/9/2stl on good FG. 

Edited by ovofnd

11 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

The 1st round rank with punts is going off the past 2 weeks on basketball monster. FWIW he's the only player to give u +20 points, 9.5+ assists, 2 steals, and 1 three in that span. The only players in that range are lebron and russ, simmons the past 2 weeks. The Yahoo rank of 39 average past 2 weeks is going by 9 cat without punts.

I see. Including the past 2wks is a bit nitpicky. Especially if we're going to make statements like Fox is 1st round value if punting TO and FT%, that's unlikely to remain true for the rest of the season and has not been true for majority of this season. 

11 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Fox’s FT stinks, but like dude said, there aren’t a lot of players who will get you 20+/5/9/2stl on good FG. 

I agree, and, to be honest with you, I think even Fox will have trouble maintaining that.

Sorry guys, not trying to be a party pooper here, but just trying to put some realistic expectations out by looking at Fox's games holistically rather than just his hot streaks.

3/6 FT today eff meeeee.

76+ FT is fine, but hitting them at 60 FT on high volume is a huuuuge problem.

Missed the FT intentionally to O-Reb and lay it up for the game-tying bucket. Clutch.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

LOL Damn Fox that was good.

9 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Missed the FT intentionally to O-Reb and lay it up for the game-tying bucket. Clutch.

Happy to see that there are other users who also watch the game rather than just the box score :)

Beastmode, I think he should switch up his free throw routine, looks awkward. He just takes 1 dribble and fires away no consistency.

Monster game. Dude is really productive man. His only knock is his FTs. Wish he’d clean that up. Would be such a stud.

This dude is singlehandedly killing my FTs every time he plays man.

15 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

It's a shame really. He's just amazing everywhere else. He's absolutely killing it. 

41 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Really thought he'd improve on them this year.  I was wrong.  Volume is higher too.  Killing me.