Sign in to follow this  
Cmilne23

10/10 Game Day Thread Houston vs Tampa

COLE VS GLASNOW

Road teams in game 5’s have now won 8 out of the last 10 with ATL and WAS advancing.  Can Tampa make it 9 of 11?  Date with Yankees on tap.  Here’s to a good game 🍻 

• Like 2

Morton will be available too.  possibly Snell as well

39 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

I think you mean Stl and Was advancing 😃

Yeah not sure how I messed that up, like it was even a question 😂

Ok you know what. I originally was going to post some overly-confident post like "Cole is going to bend the Rays over".. but last time I did that was with Verlander, the Rays spanked him. MLB playoffs are annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Ok you know what. I originally was going to post some overly-confident post like "Cole is going to bend the Rays over".. but last time I did that was with Verlander, the Rays spanked him. MLB playoffs are annoying.

i mean cole is the best pitcher in baseball right now....but TB is gonna throw Glasnow, Morton, and Snell at you.  not exactly a walk in the park.

35 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i mean cole is the best pitcher in baseball right now....but TB is gonna throw Glasnow, Morton, and Snell at you.  not exactly a walk in the park.

eh, Glasnow doesn't scare me. Morton is just slightly above average in the postseason. They need to get to Glasnow before they throw in the "bullpen" arms. Although now that I said that, Glas will prob go 7IP 2H 0ER 0BB 12K.

58 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

eh, Glasnow doesn't scare me. Morton is just slightly above average in the postseason. They need to get to Glasnow before they throw in the "bullpen" arms. Although now that I said that, Glas will prob go 7IP 2H 0ER 0BB 12K.

Glasnow should scare you. Tampa is going to maximize his potential now that he’s away from the Pirates and is potential his through the roof.

Edited by killa3312
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

glasnow was cy young type b4 injury.  if he can give them 3-4 scoreless morton can probably go 2 or 3 scoreless and then pullpen and snell rest of game

29 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

glasnow was cy young type b4 injury.  if he can give them 3-4 scoreless morton can probably go 2 or 3 scoreless and then pullpen and snell rest of game

as much as I love seeing the Rays finally doing well, I keep finding myself wanting the Astros just due to the fact that I think they are the only team that can beat the Yanks. 

• Like 1

Game over in the first inning. damn

was hoping it would be at least close.

2 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Maybe it’s just me but I would have pulled Glasnow at 3-0.

his stuff looks good.  hes throwing 99 with a nasty breaking ball.  i think nerves got the best of him.

So you're up against Cole and down 4 already. This feels like the 10 runs the Cards scored last night.

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

his stuff looks good.  hes throwing 99 with a nasty breaking ball.  i think nerves got the best of him.

In Pittsburgh the mental stuff was always his issue.  The Astros are a great hitting team and know that they only have 2 pitches to deal with.  They already had Snell warming up.  Why not bring him in before it got too out of control?

Cole is going to get Insane money this offseason

i just dont know where.  maybe Philly? @tonycpsu

48 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Cole is going to get Insane money this offseason

i just dont know where.  maybe Philly? @tonycpsu

Angels better open pocket books.  Pathetic, s*** franchise is wasting Trout’s prime away signing the likes of Harvey and Cahill.  They got a lot of money coming off books.  Time to spend it wisely.

Going from undermanaging Lad to overmanaging  from Tampa. How many pitchers was that?  Going to find 1 having a bad day. Probably doesnt matter though.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Angels better open pocket books.  Pathetic, s*** franchise is wasting Trout’s prime away signing the likes of Harvey and Cahill.  They got a lot of money coming off books.  Time to spend it wisely.

probably Rendon.. makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

doesnt pujols still have like 3 years left?

2 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

probably Rendon.. makes a lot of sense.

im not so sure Nats let Rendon walk.  although he did turn down 210mil apparently, i dont know how much he expects.  hes 3 or so years older than machado so i doubt he gets a 10 year deal.

Disappointing end to the season but it’s just the start for the Rays. Won 96 games despite all kinds of injuries and they have an extremely young core that’s only going to get better. Once Franco is up in a year or so, this is going to be a team that is routinely challenging in the AL East and winning 100 games a year. Extremely bright future.