Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

46 minutes ago, vspt said:

Will be interesting to see what he does if Simmons suspended and Richardson out in the next game!

LOL I am scared for my FG% though!

But if he gets like 4 steals again then I cant complain haha.

57 minutes ago, heero78 said:

lol same here

1 hour ago, heero78 said:

Its the blocks as well which are more impressive than the steals. Everyone talks about 1/1/1 guys and how valuable but thybulle is a 1/2/2 guy so far. I had him in almost all my leagues and dropped in half, but luckily the teams I dropped him in were my cheaper leagues. Those blocks are huge. His low fg% wont be a big deal considering the low volume. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heero78 said:

It's not really about the FG% but the volume of shots. He doesn't take that many and he seems to be improving bit by bit. He'll barely make a dent. I would seriously overlook that and focus on those stocks. The numbers are insane, you literally can't find that anywhere else in the league and that alone is worth rostering in 12 teams. Dude is special.

• Like 2

His ppg is improving, which is a great sign (but also to be expected as a rookie). I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest he'll be putting up top 60 numbers after the all star game, because I anticipate similar stocks (roughly 2/2) with more points and less TOs. 

5 minutes ago, FUNguy1313 said:

Ok Butler just gave an 6-2 stocks stat line 

cool thanks?

... I definitely came in here to read what FUNguy says about butler’s stocks.

• Haha 2

One great development last game was how they are finally using Matisse in offensive sets.

On a handful of plays, they ran a Matisse/Simmons pick and roll. In back-to-back sets. And it worked. Matisse made the right decision, and passed to Simmons for good layups/dunks. It was easy. 

As I've said before, any offensive development from Matisse lets Brent Brown keep him out there for a longer stretch. He's not useless on offense. And just taking the shot in that play will result in 8-9 points for him during a game. Better than a big zero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, IDatDude said:

I got this man, Son of Cov lol, Isaacs and OG in a punt assist team. Every year I atleast try to do 1 punt assist team across various leagues and damn this year is my most potent build yet.

this is my strat every year lol, punting AST usually means I am targeting TO and trying to win that too so its a win win. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

this is my strat every year lol, punting AST usually means I am targeting TO and trying to win that too so its a win win. 

Matisse, OG, Isaac, Cov and J-Rich, Jrue Holiday and Miles Bridges (Debatable) Lol the most effective build imo 

1 minute ago, ejaggit said:

Matisse, OG, Isaac, Cov and J-Rich, Jrue Holiday and Miles Bridges (Debatable) Lol the most effective build imo 

well depends, I go with a center heavy lineup. guys like bryant or WCJ, efficient decent shooting bigs who can stock.

i would include centers like bryant, vuc, capela and stay away from scrubs like TT who can do neither steal nor block

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lob City99 said:

more minutes with Embid out?

Yeah Id say so mainly because everyone slides up a position to fill in. Horford goes to C, Tobias goes to PF, means Thybulle takes more SF minutes.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Yeah Id say so mainly because everyone slides up a position to fill in. Horford goes to C, Tobias goes to PF, means Thybulle takes more SF minutes.

Image result for smirk.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

One great development last game was how they are finally using Matisse in offensive sets.

On a handful of plays, they ran a Matisse/Simmons pick and roll. In back-to-back sets. And it worked. Matisse made the right decision, and passed to Simmons for good layups/dunks. It was easy. 

As I've said before, any offensive development from Matisse lets Brent Brown keep him out there for a longer stretch. He's not useless on offense. And just taking the shot in that play will result in 8-9 points for him during a game. Better than a big zero.

This is good development in 1 week. I watched him couple of times the other week and made a comment that he seems to be an Andre Roberson/Thabo Sefolosha type, just that he gets the actual STLs/BLKs and is definitely more athletic while still being able to play the true sense of defense. But offensively, I noticed he only shoots it when he's open. When he's guarded, he moves with the intent of passing it to someone.

This guy is a defensive stud, once he starts keeping his turnovers down and FG% around 40% he will be a must own. I'm high on thybulle.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:26 AM, IDatDude said:

I got this man, Son of Cov lol, Isaacs and OG in a punt assist team. Every year I atleast try to do 1 punt assist team across various leagues and damn this year is my most potent build yet.

I hear ya! Stock built teams & Punt assist is the way to go. I’m in a 12 team league. s--- I got Thybulle, Bryant, OG, Isaac, JJJ, PG, Bridges & KAT 

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

You guys in roto firing him up tonight?

I mean, if you aren't firing him tonight with less people in the rotation, you'll never will