Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

I like it, though I think 2.2 steals in what will prob be 20mins (ish) is optimistic. If you had said something around 1.6 - 1.7 I'd be a believer.

Philly is going to be FUN man.

I hear you. Sure, 1.7 is more likely.

But I can't water down my personal projections. What's the point? I'm just telling where I value these guys, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

87% is too high. He has never hit that mark and he is an inconsistent FT shooter. I would probably put that at 75-80%

Small volume. He had a 92% FT in summer league, and was at 85.1% in his last year in college. Even if we go down to 80%, he is taking less than 2 FTs a game.

8 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I hear you. Sure, 1.7 is more likely.

But I can't water down my personal projections. What's the point? I'm just telling where I value these guys, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. 

Absolutely, you go girl.

I was just giving me prediction which isn't far off yours:)

P.S I see your draft in the signature, how did you feel it went? 12 team h2h 9cat?

Matiesse and PJ as flyers is nice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Absolutely, you go girl.

I was just giving me prediction which isn't far off yours:)

P.S I see your draft in the signature, how did you feel it went? 12 team h2h 9cat?

Matiesse and PJ as flyers is nice.

Draft went great. I hated the 9th pick. Got most of my guys. I really need several picks to show out!

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I may have gotten my guys BECAUSE I had the 9th pick, and could snipe others thereafter.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis
more to say.

Didn't have anyone queued up except for my guy thigh balls and ran out of time. Autopicked him at 85th. 😅

2.5 stls 1.5 blocks pls. 

2 hours ago, taenggg said:

Didn't have anyone queued up except for my guy thigh balls and ran out of time. Autopicked him at 85th. 😅

2.5 stls 1.5 blocks pls. 

loooool. ooof

Got him for a dollar late auction, was 2nd to last round.  Could be great value or could be on the wavier wire in two weeks.

I’m not nearly as optimistic as some of you, but I did pick him up in ten leagues just to see.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’m not nearly as optimistic as some of you, but I did pick him up in ten leagues just to see.  

I see what you did there....

Hoping he's not another Miles Bridges preseason tease like last year. I also picked him up over Alexander-Walker for now crossing my fingers. 

he would be perfect for my team but i dont know who to drop for him, i just dropped pj tucker for pj wash.

4 hours ago, Kamura said:

https://youtu.be/SzgD_YJHBl0

comparison to Covington. Worth a watch to get the hype juices going.

That's a rubbish video. He actually says Covington is ''barely an NBA level player'' and says Thybulle is better than Covington already.

Blasphemy !

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

This is the same thing I said with PJ Washington 😂

• Like 1

Shhh....i dont have room for the bull just yet....keep this guy under the radar until i clear a spot!

In all seriousness, i am excited about seeing what kind of stocks this kid can produce.

7 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

That's a rubbish video. He actually says Covington is ''barely an NBA level player'' and says Thybulle is better than Covington already.

Blasphemy !

Strictly for circle jerk purposes

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Strictly for circle jerk purposes

Even for that it wouldnt make sense, as people who love Thybulle also love Covington. 

Also hoping I can score him without using a high waiver priority, we shall see

He seems to be as locked in to useful minutes as a fantasy-questionable rookie could be. Named 6th man before the season starts, consistent defensive rates that allow him to be deadly in under 25 mins, and a lack of SG depth in Philly. Main reason I haven't pulled the trigger is concern he'll average 6 points, but if he can clear 10 he's pretty much Roco, and if he's Roco offensive consistency isn't necessary anyway.

My dilemma is that he doesn't project as a great fit for my defense-oriented team that needs a scoring punch, but his immediate potential is elite and I'd feel dumb for missing out just because I was trying to keep my team "balanced" during these volatile opening weeks.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:07 AM, StifleTower2 said:

Dude, bro, homie, man, g, just get on the damn hype train.

CHOOO CHOOO

Edit: Oh, I see you.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Haha 1