Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

32 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Anyone know what the equivalent of 2/2 stocks is in ppg or rebounds (in terms of distance from the mean / z-score). Would help standardize his value and frame it in a useful context.

I feel like 2 blocks/ game must be equivalent of scoring 23+ ppg. But I could be wrong so :)

No you are not wrong, it is like this. z-score for 2 blocks is almost like 25 points.

• Thanks 1

All I have to say is this:

If you drafted him then you can complain about lack of 3s, points, artistic talent, whatever have you

If you picked him from the wire, please stop. Drop him if you don't like his production. 

I bet that 90% of us got him from the wire, so be grateful to find top 100 player for free.

• Like 7

Drafted this guy, didn't expect very low points, rebs, 3s lol.  2+ stls and 2+blocks look great. I was hoping he would get more rebounds at the very least but I guess Embiid and Horford would gobble them up. Still thinking about using him as a streamer spot. hmm

From the videos I've seen, he loves to got those blocks from behind players. I've seen numerous highlights where he kinda jumps out of nowhere behind some dude and just blocks it from behind..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

No you are not wrong, it is like this. z-score for 2 blocks is almost like 25 points.

Last year 2 blocks was more like 35 points.  It's actually somewhat dependent on what everyone else does, but yeah 25+ points for 2 blocks is a good starting point.

• Like 2

Reading all these comments boost my confidence on him. I’m dropping looney and add painter in my 12-player 9cat team. Yolo nothing to lose. If it does not work out, I will use the spot to stream. 
8 pts 5 reb 1.5 stl 1.5 blk is definitely a top 80 candidate. RoCo was also fully developed in sixers system. And hey coach brown trusts him and it looks like he is first player off the bench. 

7 hours ago, stopmakingsense said:

Looked like a very promising debut. His length and quickness is a rare combo.

Bold non fantasy prediction: DPOY within the next 5 years.

When he's defending a pick and roll, I watch him bait players thinking they got ahead of him when he goes over screens and out of nowhere he swats the ball from behind when they pull up. Dude is a ghost on the court and very light on his feet, then you factor in his length and IQ. Twinkle toes.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

When he's defending a pick and roll, I watch him bait players thinking they got ahead of him when he goes over screens and out of nowhere he swats the ball from behind when they pull up. Dude is a ghost on the court and very light on his feet, then you factor in his length and IQ. Twinkle toes.

Yup baiting is a good way to put it. He did something similar on one of his steals, he went over the screen, Kemba kinda got past him and then he wrapped around and poked the ball free. His recovery is so good that it allows him to play crazy aggressive with much lower risk of giving up the easy bucket. As opposed to Harden or Whiteside hunting for steals/blocks respectively while sometimes playing poor real life defense.

14 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Embid out tonight.

Fire him up! 

Horford

Harris

Thybulle

Richardson

Simmons

Hopefully it's correct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Horford

Harris

Thybulle

Richardson

Simmons

Hopefully it's correct.

Even if they start James Ennis or something, Thybull should get more run as the defensive terror off the bench.

• Like 2

I’m intrigued but by already having Isaac, not sure if I could roster another low volume defensive player. But I really do like his skill set. I’ll watch tonight’s game and make a decision then. 

Yahoo added SG eligibility today for more flex. He'll likely be matched up with Rose a lot today and that is definitely something to watch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Yahoo added SG eligibility today for more flex. He'll likely be matched up with Rose a lot today and that is definitely something to watch.

Wow, SG eligibility is a huge deal. I probably sound like a huge nerd for saying that but it changes my team considerably. Awesome!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Wow, SG eligibility is a huge deal. I probably sound like a huge nerd for saying that but it changes my team considerably. Awesome!

Drop Mikal Bridges for him?What you think?)

1 minute ago, GrandPa said:

Drop Mikal Bridges for him?What you think?)

I like Bridges and dont know what's going on with their rotations in Phoenix, but if you are looking for stocks I'd probably pull the trigger. Dont know if Thybulle will give you the all around stats (assists, boards, threes) but I'd give the stocks edge to Thybulle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I like Bridges and dont know what's going on with their rotations in Phoenix, but if you are looking for stocks I'd probably pull the trigger. Dont know if Thybulle will give you the all around stats (assists, boards, threes) but I'd give the stocks edge to Thybulle. 

Last chance for Mikal,if he been potatoes without Rubio,give chance Pitbulle))

Roto leaguers playing thybulle tonight since he’s in the starting lineup?

Edited by DoctorLove
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Roto leaguers playing thybulle tonight since he’s in the starting lineup?

Yup. 14t.

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

I know... my boy J Rich not getting up any shots either 

There is another place for you.