colepenhagen

Steven Adams 2019-2020 Outlook

expecting an even bigger year with no Westbrook and cp3 running things for however many games that is. adams low post game is underrated.

any chance he increases his scoring? avg 14 pts each of last 2 season. love the steals he offers for a big. knock on wood - adams also an ironman so needs to get bumped up in h2h leagues.

with Westbrook gone he could be a monster on the glass as well. well over 10 a night.

Edited by colepenhagen

19 minutes ago, izeroi said:

Isn't okc trying to shop him? 

They want a haul similar to Anthony Davis package. It shouldn't take long for other teams to ring their phone.

I see Adams scoring a bit more this year. My guess is that if OKC want to shop him they will showcase him as much as possible (including offensively). I wouldnt be surprised to see him average 16/17 PPG-12 RPG- 1.2 Blocks-60% fgs-1.4 Steals-60% Fgs. I am as bullish on his stock next year as anyone. 

Edited by Code of Hammurabi

Just now, Code of Hammurabi said:

I see Adams scoring a bit more this year. My guess is that if OKC want to shop him they will showcase him as much as possible (including offensively). I wouldnt be surprised to see him average 16/17 PPG-12 RPG- 1.2 Blocks-60% fgs-1.4 Steals-60% Fgs. 

If a NBA GM don't know who Steven Adams is by now, then they have no business doing what they're doing lol.

• Like 1

RW blurbs are knocking his value due to him being a trade candidate. Even if he does get traded, would that really hurt him too much? He's a pretty damn good player.

14 minutes ago, CFN said:

RW blurbs are knocking his value due to him being a trade candidate. Even if he does get traded, would that really hurt him too much? He's a pretty damn good player.

Which team needs a C that wouldn’t hurt his value. 

24 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Which team needs a C that wouldn’t hurt his value. 

It could also be a Center swap situation, like J-Val for Marc Gasol was, in which case if Adams is still the best center in his new spot it wouldn't really hurt his value.

Could also be a new injury that crops up later, like Nurkic going down on the Trailblazers, and a team makes a trade for Adams to stay afloat.

Just some scenarios, but not saying any of them are the most likely outcome. As an Adams owner I'm definitely not hoping for a trade 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, Trench Mob said:

If a NBA GM don't know who Steven Adams is by now, then they have no business doing what they're doing lol.

But this is a new look OKC team without any superstars. If Adams can put up significantly higher numbers in an increased role, he can solidify a contract increase come pay day. Obviously his play style won’t change much, he’s just a screener and decent rebounder. Limited offensively, but can still be effective. 

1 minute ago, 7614 said:

But this is a new look OKC team without any superstars. If Adams can put up significantly higher numbers in an increased role, he can solidify a contract increase come pay day. Obviously his play style won’t change much, he’s just a screener and decent rebounder. Limited offensively, but can still be effective. 

Damn CP3 is average.

Bro, you literally stand under the rim, how can you miss so many shots?? 🤣

Out tonight. I feel he's gonna come back swinging on Saturday with an easy game against NO. Buy low?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of making a move for Adams and this injury got me nervous. But it doesn't sound awful.

1 minute ago, johnd2442 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of making a move for Adams and this injury got me nervous. But it doesn't sound awful.

It's just a bruised knee, he's probably getting extra rest since he's looked off recently, unless there's been something else that hasn't been publicly stated.