colepenhagen

Steven Adams 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, m1dday said:

Really can’t tell at this point, could be a game or two but if it’s as bad as the contusion that bothered him earlier in the season it can linger and affect his production and will frustrate a lot of owners again. 

I already have Noel in my IR, but for you I’d definitely pick him up since he might be back soon.

Yeah i have nerlens rostered as well. Sucks for adams. He was trending up. Hopefully its something short term.

Just when my team was starting to get a little healthy.  He was playing so well too. 

Back to the locker room, bumped by Capela.

Own both him and Noel and tonight is not a good night lol

f***in done with this guy. Gets injured every other game now so annoying and of course bricked 2 fts before he left. Drafted him because he was an ironman but seems like the wear and tear has taken toll on his body.

8 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

f***in done with this guy. Gets injured every other game now so annoying and of course bricked 2 fts before he left. Drafted him because he was an ironman but seems like the wear and tear has taken toll on his body.

I get the frustration but you should try having someone as big as Capela fall on you. Dirty af play though 

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

I get the frustration but you should try having someone as big as Capela fall on you. Dirty af play though 

great! double whammy since I own both. Hate when my player injures another one of my players lol

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Wow how did that not get reviewed? Very dirty play and I’m glad OKC got the last laugh and won

Yeah that's a stupid play.  I'm surprised Adams only escaped with an ankle injury.  But he's a tough guy, stunt double for Aquaman.  He's been playing very well lately and playing through every injury it seems.  Kudos to him. 

Look, I’ll take the 4 blocks and zero negative impact on my FT% 😁

Really hoping the All Star break affords him an opportunity to get healthy and come back strong for the remainder of the season. He's been pretty brutal on FG% lately, which is kind of astounding in itself. If he can return to even 75% of that nice stretch he had earlier this year, that would be very welcome.

20 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Double double with 4 stocks lol what’s the issue?

5 stocks!  4 steals 1 block.  He's good again. 

22 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He started horribly and was 1/5 at the half. Salvaged it anyway at the end especially with the stocks. Still hoping the extended rest will do him good though and finishes the season strong.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I get it, looks like a perfect example of "wait til after the game to post". And I wouldnt necessarily say I'm 'concerned' about Adams. He bounced back strong today after a terrible start. Somewhat contributing to it tonight was that Noel was in heavy foul trouble, only played 2 minutes before halftime and 8 minutes total. I love today's line at the end of the day, as anyone would, but his bad start made me look and realize hes only shooting 44% in the last 7 days and something like 47% in the last 30 days. Which is pretty bad for what youd expect of Adams. To be fair, some of that was playing through the ankle injury. I'm hoping that the All Star break giving Adams some needed rest so he can get healthy as well as the fact that OKC is in the playoff race allows him to post more positive games and not ones that may end up like his first half was looking today. I just find it hard to believe that Adams can post 1-7 FG, 2-10 FG, etc type of games semi regularly when healthy. Once in a while, sure, but it feels like it's been happening too often and starting 1-5 made me look into it.

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

I get it, looks like a perfect example of "wait til after the game to post". And I wouldnt necessarily say I'm 'concerned' about Adams. He bounced back strong today after a terrible start. Somewhat contributing to it tonight was that Noel was in heavy foul trouble, only played 2 minutes before halftime and 8 minutes total. I love today's line at the end of the day, as anyone would, but his bad start made me look and realize hes only shooting 44% in the last 7 days and something like 47% in the last 30 days. Which is pretty bad for what youd expect of Adams. To be fair, some of that was playing through the ankle injury. I'm hoping that the All Star break giving Adams some needed rest so he can get healthy as well as the fact that OKC is in the playoff race allows him to post more positive games and not ones that may end up like his first half was looking today. I just find it hard to believe that Adams can post 1-7 FG, 2-10 FG, etc type of games semi regularly when healthy. Once in a while, sure, but it feels like it's been happening too often and starting 1-5 made me look into it.

Break will do him wonders and he’ll be fine rest of the season the guys a beast 

• Like 1

Like many have said, he just needs rest. 

Adams' toughness will never allow him to sit as long as he can stand on his two feet. I have no concern about him take days off to rest. If he did, it wouldn't be his decision.