IT2

Bobby Portis 2019-2020 Outlook

Alright so I know pre-season means nothing but this is Fizdale we are talking about . Without a doubt I know Robinson is going to have foul trouble for most of the season, i can actually see Portis carving out a solid role as 6th man for the year.

In deep leagues and maybe even 12 man, i'm liking Portis as a late round flyer with decent upside. 

Another thing to point out, Portis is only 24 to so the kid is still very young.

So hard to predict with so many damn F/PF/C on that damn team for Fizdale to tinker with (Mitchell, Randle, Morris, Portis, Gibson). IMO, Crazy Eyes can carve out about 25 minutes, which might be enough to replicate or slightly exceed his production from last year. 

Portis could put up stats in 20-25 mins of play and that includes peripheral stats.  I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt Mitchell Rob can stay healthy and out of foul trouble

1 hour ago, thusanaysayer said:

Portis could put up stats in 20-25 mins of play and that includes peripheral stats.  I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt Mitchell Rob can stay healthy and out of foul trouble

Do you think Robinson will do well in rebounds and blocks? What about Portis, will he replicate his stat line from last season? Does Robinson have injury issues? 

8 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Do you think Robinson will do well in rebounds and blocks? What about Portis, will he replicate his stat line from last season? Does Robinson have injury issues? 

Mitch is known for his blocks, that's why he's ranked early right now. His rebounds can slightly go up too, but I'm only banking him on getting about 7rpg. 

6 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Mitch is known for his blocks, that's why he's ranked early right now. His rebounds can slightly go up too, but I'm only banking him on getting about 7rpg. 

I think Robinson will produce as long as he’s on the court, but his issue is staying on with foul trouble. If he gets more playing time, it’s usually because he’s not as aggressive hunting for blocks. I have him on my team with Drummond and LeBron as my main rebounders and I’m kinda worried. But he has so much upside idk if I should trade him. 

Starter.  

Portis is going to put good numbers in NY.

Edited by DLG10
  • Like 1

The crazy eyes seems always find a way to attract people to add him,lol

Bobby GOATIS. Hes a great out of position 3pt shooter when he gets going so i have him on my squad specifically for Pts, rebs, 3's. He had some great games in Washington last season and is fully capable of being a consistent 14/10 guy. its just the minutes fizz gives him fluctuates and he always tinkers with the lineups, hopefully tonight changed his mind though.

4 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Bobby GOATIS. Hes a great out of position 3pt shooter when he gets going so i have him on my squad specifically for Pts, rebs, 3's. He had some great games in Washington last season and is fully capable of being a consistent 14/10 guy. its just the minutes fizz gives him fluctuates and he always tinkers with the lineups, hopefully tonight changed his mind though.

He definitely should be a starter... Its just so unpredictable being on NY roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

He definitely should be a starter... Its just so unpredictable being on NY roster.

Pfft tell me about it, you would think they would have set rotations playing the whole summer league/pre-season, but fizz unfortunately still tinkers with the lineups. I 100% think bobby should start over mitch for now because his game is more polished plus mitch gets into foul trouble extremely easy, also mitch is still very young. It pains me to be a knicks fan sometimes.

• Like 1

Nice line, but Fizdale is impossible to figure out outside of guys like Randle and Barrett.

I had him and then dropped him when he had 33 minutes during the opener.. and then somehow he got 10 the next.. lol what a clown.

8 hours ago, boshtrich17 said:

RUN DONT WALK 

First time he's scored over 10 points this season, and it was against the Bulls with Robinson in foul trouble on the bench.  Now all of a sudden its "run, don't walk!"?  No.

Dude has always been a good per minute guy, but just doesn't get the opportunity over a full season.  Fiz is insane, but even then I doubt he gets minutes as long as Robinson isn't in foul trouble.  

as much as i want to be happy for portis and all managers who got him either from draft or waiver wire, i can't help to think that this might be a dream and won't happen again. don't misunderstand my statement.... portis is good. but fiz is nyk's cancer

Edited by MrBean

Portis is inconsistent. He's going to drop a gem, then a dud the next game. He may pull a stretch of 3 good games then falls off the earth. Don't look into last night's performance as he had more motivation in playing the team that originally drafted him.