montanski

Moritz Wagner 2019-2020 Outlook

On 12/17/2019 at 11:41 PM, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Only 2 IR spots in my league and I own Collins, bledsoe, winslow, nurkic, and wagner.

f--- it, I'm still holding strong. Better times will come.

Man I can't believe I'm still holding since then, but I feel so silly dropping at this point. The guy has the perfect opportunity to shine right now and it is going to waste. Its getting harder and harder to hold, especially without any kind of timetable or info...

1 hour ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Man I can't believe I'm still holding since then, but I feel so silly dropping at this point. The guy has the perfect opportunity to shine right now and it is going to waste. Its getting harder and harder to hold, especially without any kind of timetable or info...

In a Hoop Ball blurb a Wizards beat writer hinted at Bryant coming back before Wagner

I wasted a damn waiver claim on this guy. Came back to bite me since I couldn’t grab another hot player when the time came.

Who knows when he's coming back. Obvious drop if you have no IR slots. Its frustrating because they keep everyone in the dark with their vague updates and timelines. Wizards are a joke.

• Like 1

Was full of hopes and dreams at the news of Bryant injury (to be honest). One scenario I never thought was an injury to Wagner himself...! I’m sorry for the injury plagued season. Cheers for those injured - get back better than ever and show what you can do!

Jeez, roto blurb saying he's in a boot for at least another week, and then once off, it can be another 10-14 before he can play. Saying he'll be back late Jan earliest.

Probably one of the bigger disappointments in fantasy this year. Everybody was riding the hype train just a month ago and now he's not even a luxury stash.

And f--- the Wizards for their vague updates. Joke of a franchise.

Edited by sharkpotato

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

Jeez, roto blurb saying he's in a boot for at least another week, and then once off, it can be another 10-14 before he can play. Saying he'll be back late Jan earliest.

Probably one of the bigger disappointments in fantasy this year. Everybody was riding the hype train just a month ago and now he's not even a luxury stash.

And f--- the Wizards for their vague updates. Joke of a franchise.

Not only are they a joke of a franchise but also a clown of a franchise. They havent even nor will probably ever retire the number 23 jersey.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

This guy still alive? Been nearly three weeks since any updates.

I prefer it this way. He's quietly sitting on my WW right now and the moment and update pops up, his name will show on the trending transactions and that will be it.

Pick him if you have an open IR spot, this guy is B Clarke with the ability to shoot 3pts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

I prefer it this way. He's quietly sitting on my WW right now and the moment and update pops up, his name will show on the trending transactions and that will be it.

Pick him if you have an open IR spot, this guy is B Clarke with the ability to shoot 3pts.

What is his ROS outlook with everyone healthy? Bertans, Bryant, Rui seems like a lot of minutes chewed up. Not to mention Mahinmi as a vet probably now has a lot of Brooks' trust.

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

What is his ROS outlook with everyone healthy? Bertans, Bryant, Rui seems like a lot of minutes chewed up. Not to mention Mahinmi as a vet probably now has a lot of Brooks' trust.

With a Wizards season almost going nowhere soon, I can see their focus shifting on the young guys like Rui, Wagner, Bonga, and TBJ. Could be great especially come playoff time. Bertans has a lot of trade rumours around him and Mahinmi's expiring could be dumped. If I was in a pretty deep league with a free IR, I'd be stashing for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m1dday said:

With a Wizards season almost going nowhere soon, I can see their focus shifting on the young guys like Rui, Wagner, Bonga, and TBJ. Could be great especially come playoff time. Bertans has a lot of trade rumours around him and Mahinmi's expiring could be dumped. If I was in a pretty deep league with a free IR, I'd be stashing for sure.

I agree with you on all of this. The one wild card is Scott Brooks. I do not trust that guy's rotations at all.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I agree with you on all of this. The one wild card is Scott Brooks. I do not trust that guy's rotations at all.

Absolutely. This is exactly like how Bryant was handled last year. He’d be killing it for a good stretch and then his minutes would be cut short lmao

• Like 1

Just now, m1dday said:

Absolutely. This is exactly like how Bryant was handled last year. He’d be killing it for a good stretch and then his minutes would be cut short lmao

Lol you read my mind. I had Bryant last year and it completely soured me on anyone not named Beal on that roster.

• Like 1

I'm definitely interested in him. Its tough to find a C that actually helps my fts that doesn't require breaking the bank. I don't trust Scott Brooks. I also owned Thomas Bryant for stretches last season and he toyed with his minutes almost without reason. Ian Mahinmi is now playing more, Pascensik? is seeing more minutes. Is there any reason for me to believe that he'll continue to get 20+ minutes when this team is healthy?