montanski

Moritz Wagner 2019-2020 Outlook

the problem is he has been the pure backup center for Bryant. If that doesnt change and they play together the minutes will stay below 20, unless its a blowout like yesterday. Also I dont understand why he is listed as PF on yahoo and not C. Doesnt make sense.

Just noticed his 2.4 to 0.5 negative a** AST/TO ratio, if he improved on that just a little, he'd probably be top 50 right now.

Edited by SkalChriston

26 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

To those who follow the wizard, Does he play any PF mins at all? Could him and Bryant play the front-court together?

The Wizards were running him out next to Thomas Bryant at times in the preseason, but they're not getting minutes together in the regular season. 

Roto blurb from nov 6th

• Thanks 1

His situation reminds me of Kevin Love‘s and Domantas Sabonis’ early years. He will produce even in limited minutes but has players in front on the depth chart. He’s one Hachimaru or Thomas Bryant injury away from blowing up

• Like 1

definitely hope that Bryant is hurt for brooks to let this young buck loose. Nothing would excite me to see players that lakers let go succeed. 

Guys please help petition for C eligibility for Moritz Wagner - I’ve watched many Wizards game this year and he ALWAYS subs in for Thomas Bryant. Rotoworld and Basketball Reference both lists him strictly as a center. In fact Basketball Reference shows that all his minutes comes at the 5 this year, please see the position play by play breakdown: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wagnemo01.html 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

definitely hope that Bryant is hurt for brooks to let this young buck loose. Nothing would excite me to see players that lakers let go succeed. 

:(

• Like 2

Scott Brooks is a weird one. He refused to play Bryant decent minutes until late last season when it was clear the Wizards were out of it. I could see Wagner getting 20-25 minutes if Brooksie isn't crazy about Bryant.

• Like 1

His stroke looks great, it has that Dirk vibe because of it arc and release. High energy and Beal seems genuinely happy for the kid. Sky's the limit.

17 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

As a Bryant owner I disapprove this message. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

His stroke looks great, it has that Dirk vibe because of it arc and release. High energy and Beal seems genuinely happy for the kid. Sky's the limit.

Haha as opposed to what?

I've never seen Beal cheesing it up. 2:19 look at that gorg sweet smile.

Thomas Bryant, can you please rest today? Be load managed.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Haha 1

Bryant was upgraded to probable 

Which is cool bc we now get to see if Wagner has earned more minutes to play along side of Bryant 

30 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

First time watching him play, this guy is all over the court, crazy energy lmao.

They also play better with him too, looks like he's going to be big for them next year once Wall is back as a nice hustle guy off the bench (or maybe even starting eventually).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkalChriston said:

First time watching him play, this guy is all over the court, crazy energy lmao.

You should have seen him at Michigan.  Helluva player.  Big part of a lot of great Beilein teams and won back to back B1G Tourney champs on his offense at times.

He's not that athletic but he's big enough and he's crafty and skilled with a high motor.

Solid game from him tonight he helped me hopefully win FG%.  I like big men that are good FG, FT and threes always a bonus to have someone like Wagner that isn't a bad rebounder either, although he didn't show it tonight.

• Like 1