Trench Mob

Nickeil Alexander-Walker 2019-2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Haha I picked up Washington, dropped for Tristan Thompson, dropped for Mo Bamba dropped for Matisse  (in a span of 3 days) after his first preseason game. Then debated again whether I drop Kris Dunn for Thompson for a couple of hours, I come back and they were all scooped up 😭

Now I have this guy. Is he a Jordan Clarkson 2.0 who tends to get a little bit more assists?

(I also couldn’t decide between Culver vs. NAW only to come to find out that Culver got picked up days after he got dropped) 

there’s no way he’s Clarkson, he has a higher propensity for assists and boards in limited minutes, his per 36 production is the highest of any rookie in both summer league and preseason next to Zion (and the best guard wise).

15/3/4.8/1/.3 in 18.4 min on close to 3 threes per game in 4 preseason games (don’t think that factored last nights game), that blows anything Clarkson can do out of water. 

He may not get these exact lines during the regular season, but high floor in limited min, insane ceiling in 25 plus.

There have been cases where teams see a guy is just way too good and they’ll move pieces to clear up minutes for him, I see that scenario here.

Also let’s not forget how injury prone Lonzo is in his young career. In his first two years he’s played 52 and 42 games with a myriad of ankle and back issues. 

High upside handcuffs can win leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

there’s no way he’s Clarkson, he has a higher propensity for assists and boards in limited minutes, his per 36 production is the highest of any rookie in both summer league and preseason next to Zion (and the best guard wise).

15/3/4.8/1/.3 in 18.4 min on close to 3 threes per game in 4 preseason games (don’t think that factored last nights game), that blows anything Clarkson can do out of water. 

He may not get these exact lines during the regular season, but high floor in limited min, insane ceiling in 25 plus.

There have been cases where teams see a guy is just way too good and they’ll move pieces to clear up minutes for him, I see that scenario here.

Also let’s not forget how injury prone Lonzo is in his young career. In his first two years he’s played 52 and 42 games with a myriad of ankle and back issues. 

High upside handcuffs can win leagues.

it's great news that you guys don't see him as Clarkson 2.0 and i see it now that you've put it into perspective for me. Thanks. Yeah, I took a flier on him mainly because of Lonzo's injury prone status and I also need a little bit more scoring. With Zion out for a couple of weeks, hope this clears up more extra minutes for him--really looking forward to see that.

I was already sold in summerleague..but my god he looks like a stud. Not only is he toying with guys such as Portis, the way his team gives him the ball makes it look like he's their star player. Usually rookies and bench players don't get instant touches like this - especially not 17th overall picks, there's a hierarchy, but this is by design. He's getting a ton of shots and touches and it shows when you look at his per minute FGA in preseason.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

How are we feeling about this guy from a MPG standpoint?

Any chance he might get 18-20 minutes per game?

12 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

How are we feeling about this guy from a MPG standpoint?

Any chance he might get 18-20 minutes per game?

That chance was already there pre Zion. 

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Seems talented but not enough minutes for now

Very talented if he gets consistent minutes he'll produce. Watched every college game he played and liked what I saw. bit biased though haha

3 minutes ago, Quazza said:

dude has given himself the green light lol

Love it. I’d rather have a guy going all in and trying to make the most of his time than a timid rook.

Hope y’all are punting fg% haha. If these shots went down though, we’d be raving about his points before the half haha

• Haha 1

5 minutes in and he already has the most fg attempts on his team.